Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    We actually saw him laughing.
    I don’t even think Rock and Smith will ever mention this incident to each other again.
    Considering how heavily memed the incident has been I honestly expect Chris to use it for his stand up.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Considering how heavily memed the incident has been I honestly expect Chris to use it for his stand up.
    Maybe down the line...but anytime soon? I doubt it, though we'll know by tomorrow as he has a show here in Boston tonight.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

They've also said it's going to be discussed on Red Table Talk, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They've also said it's going to be discussed on Red Table Talk, as well.
    That’s the real problem and cause of all this. His wife making every dark private secret public for content. Then getting upset if comedians make jokes about you. Her hair issues is the least sensitive issue Chris rock could have attacked. Well for Will, entanglement jokes probably wouldn’t bother her as much as Will.

Side note Jada is beautiful and looks beautiful bald. I think most people thought it was just a hair style and didn’t know she was balding. She has been buzzing her hair and doing crazy stuff with her hair for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    *vid*
    Haha

Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Haha

lol lengthened to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Again with the slap.
    I will say again as I did in previous posts (check them out if you like), Will was 100% wrong to resort to violence. However... I also believe that Chris Rock was also wrong.
    Where exactly did you saw a post of mine stating that I support Will Smith for what he's done?
    I also agree with this, just because Will had a "bigger" wrong, doesn't mean it still wasn't a shitty joke to make. I hate this comedians should be allowed to say ANYTHING take that's become popular, especially with the right wingers. Just an excuse to say whatever you want without consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I also agree with this, just because Will had a "bigger" wrong, doesn't mean it still wasn't a shitty joke to make. I hate this comedians should be allowed to say ANYTHING take that's become popular, especially with the right wingers. Just an excuse to say whatever you want without consequences.
    The slap that just keeps giving.

It seems the latest is that, right after the slap, the Oscar committee asked Smith to leave the ceremony. He refused. Then they gave him the Oscar and let him make his acceptance speech.

Obvious question: why didn't they have security haul his @$$ out? Oh, because he probably would have put up and fight and fired off some more F words.

In other news, janitor runs out on stage and slaps Chris Rock, immediately gets dogpiled by security and arrested. Crime? Not being a big celebrity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejizOV-IQEM
    Power with Girl is better.

I feel as though this could have been a lot worse and people are making it worse than it is. Not to really take sides on it, but until Chris Rock makes a statement that he’s genuinely infuriated it’s a non-issue.

I hate this comedians should be allowed to say ANYTHING take that's become popular, especially with the right wingers.
    What do you "that's become popular"? That's basically how it's always worked. Comedians haven't changed. it's just that more people get offended easier these days than they use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    You have to be kidding me. People have pulled up ton of Bald Jokes Will Smith has made over his career. If Chris had said I love you Jada but I bet you wish that was Tupac sitting next you you huh? Or Jada go head and get them entanglements girls. A **** ton of fowl things Chris could have said to be mean. A GI Jane 2 joke ain’t one of them. I understand baldness is a lot harder for women then men. But she doesn’t have cancer or some rare disease that causes hair loss. She’s got Alopecia(Baldness). She had also Buzzed her hair real short for most her career, so the vast majority of people didn’t know she was going bald. They thought she was getting her Wakanda Forever on. The selective outrage is silly. Chris made a normal joke for this kinda situation and because people found out after the fact that it wasn’t a choose for Jada that she was losing her hair the Joke is wrong. It’s a Joke and Will would have just yelled at Chris without physically assaulting him I wouldn’t have had an issue with it. I would have said he was just defending his wife because of a sensitive issue that Chris most likely had no idea about if Will and Jada would have just laughed at the joke and moved on. Nobody would be saying Chris was wrong for saying it. Because on the surface there was nothing wrong with the joke. There are a lot of men who are just as insecure about they’re hair loss as she is(Probaly more so since she embracing it and just shaving her head). But it’s open season to mock Lebron James about his hair loss. The insane lengths he goes to try to hide his hair loss proves he’s insanely insecure about it. Dude had the concealing spray come off mid game and the world mocks him to this day.

Jada looks beautiful with shaved head and wore it confidently. If she hadn’t I doubt Chris would have made the joke, he’s not a comedian who’s out there saying overtly mean things just to get a laugh.

Honestly Will lucky he threw a weak slap and didn’t plant his feet. Chris left his chin out there for him thinking he was joking. Wills twice his size if his palm woulda landed clean on his chin he coulda knocked Chris out. Chris could have hurt his head on the way down. But since Chris laughed it off not only did WILL not get in trouble with the law. They let him sit there for the rest of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What do you "that's become popular"? That's basically how it's always worked. Comedians haven't changed. it's just that more people get offended easier these days than they use to.
    People don't get more offended, assholes just get called out more and louder these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You have to be kidding me. People have pulled up ton of Bald Jokes Will Smith has made over his career. If Chris had said I love you Jada but I bet you wish that was Tupac sitting next you you huh? Or Jada go head and get them entanglements girls. A **** ton of fowl things Chris could have said to be mean. A GI Jane 2 joke ain’t one of them. I understand baldness is a lot harder for women then men. But she doesn’t have cancer or some rare disease that causes hair loss. She’s got Alopecia(Baldness). She had also Buzzed her hair real short for most her career, so the vast majority of people didn’t know she was going bald. They thought she was getting her Wakanda Forever on. The selective outrage is silly. Chris made a normal joke for this kinda situation and because people found out after the fact that it wasn’t a choose for Jada that she was losing her hair the Joke is wrong. It’s a Joke and Will would have just yelled at Chris without physically assaulting him I wouldn’t have had an issue with it. I would have said he was just defending his wife because of a sensitive issue that Chris most likely had no idea about if Will and Jada would have just laughed at the joke and moved on. Nobody would be saying Chris was wrong for saying it. Because on the surface there was nothing wrong with the joke. There are a lot of men who are just as insecure about they’re hair loss as she is(Probaly more so since she embracing it and just shaving her head). But it’s open season to mock Lebron James about his hair loss. The insane lengths he goes to try to hide his hair loss proves he’s insanely insecure about it. Dude had the concealing spray come off mid game and the world mocks him to this day.

Jada looks beautiful with shaved head and wore it confidently. If she hadn’t I doubt Chris would have made the joke, he’s not a comedian who’s out there saying overtly mean things just to get a laugh.

Honestly Will lucky he threw a weak slap and didn’t plant his feet. Chris left his chin out there for him thinking he was joking. Wills twice his size if his palm woulda landed clean on his chin he coulda knocked Chris out. Chris could have hurt his head on the way down. But since Chris laughed it off not only did WILL not get in trouble with the law. They let him sit there for the rest of the show.
    I literally never said I thought Will was right for hitting him, I just said the joke was also shitty and we shouldn't let one worse wrong excuse another. The Lebron example is pretty much my point, you don't know what personally affects people, so just don't make fun of things about people that's beyond their control. After all, I think we all can agree you wouldn't go up to someone who just lost their legs in car crash and joke about how they can't walk anymore. Obviously not nearly the same level, but conceptually along the same line of something that someone may be self conscious about.