Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    She has spoken out about the way it effected HER though. Whether you or I deem it "serious" is irrelevant. He is the one living with her and knows how it effects her.

NONE of that negates the fact that he shouldn't have assaulted the man for it, or excuses Will. But, blowing off how people feel about autoimmune disorders is not ok either. Especially when Chris Rock did an entire documentary on Black Women's hair
    I have issue with others thinking she has a serious illness when they have no idea what Alopecia even is. I would like for people to not sound morons because they want to put on white armor.

Chris is joke is mild. He said she's bald because she wanted a movie role.

Ultimate Member

There's a time and place for everything.

Smith shouldn't have acted the way he did. That was flat out wrong. Adults should behave like adults and he should have taken Chris aside and spoken to him privately.

As an aside, Jessica Chastain won an Oscar. I'm pretty sure Grace Randolph knocked over her TV when she saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's a time and place for everything.

Smith shouldn't have acted the way he did. That was flat out wrong. Adults should behave like adults and he should have taken Chris aside and spoken to him privately.

As an aside, Jessica Chastain won an Oscar. I'm pretty sure Grace Randolph knocked over her TV when she saw that.
    Didn't know what that was about. After some Googling, have to say, I don't care.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I didn’t watch the Oscars so I had just seen clips of the incident. Delving further into this it looks like Will Smith initially laughed at the joke.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...20328.amp.html

Then he had to do his macho bullshit when he realized his open marriage wife wasn’t happy.

In his speech he says “I am overwhelmed by what god is calling on me to do…”

Get over yourself

Meh, just another day in a room full of the world's biggest narcissists.
    Life is but a dream

Definitely looked like a real slap. Rock's mouth was all wonky just after it, like he was visibly wincing. Don't think he could have faked that one.

Weird look on Smith though. It was hard to tell if he was really defending her or being her kept man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There's no way that it was faked. Will Smith has one of the most aggressively curated images in all of Hollywood and he threw it all away last night. For what? A bit to boost Oscar ratings? Nah, that doesn't add up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    There's no way that it was faked. Will Smith has one of the most aggressively curated images in all of Hollywood and he threw it all away last night. For what? A bit to boost Oscar ratings? Nah, that doesn't add up.
    Exactly.

Not to mention his wife publicly called out the Oscars in 2016. There's no way Will Smith will do this for publicity.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Alopecia is a medical term for hair loss. At worst, it's an autoimmune disorder that causes premature baldness. It is not serious at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have issue with others thinking she has a serious illness when they have no idea what Alopecia even is. I would like for people to not sound morons because they want to put on white armor.

Chris is joke is mild. He said she's bald because she wanted a movie role.
    I never claimed that it was a serious health issue.

I have also known what Alopecia is for a long time. My younger brother had a friend he graduated high school with (over 30 years ago) who had Alopecia. Before he graduated, he lost all the hair on top of his head, his eyelashes and eyebrows.

Was his physical health in danger? No, but I saw how it affected him mentally. He went from an outgoing young man with a girlfriend to a shut in who stopped seeing friends because he couldn't deal with what had happened to him.

I don't believe that Will Smith had the right to put his hands on Chris Rock. However, Chris' joke was in poor taste. A joke about anyone's health is in poor taste. it shouldn't have been said. Will Smith sees on a daily basis how this affects his wife, so the joke hit him differently than it did others, but he still shouldn't have left his chair. He needed to deal with that after the show.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 03-28-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Incredible Member

I know I shouldn't condone violence or what Chris said, but honestly this is hilarious and the best entertainment from an awards show in a while

Make rich people physically fight for their awards now, campaigning with the usual interviews and dining people who vote is boring

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    I know I shouldn't condone violence or what Chris said, but honestly this is hilarious and the best entertainment from an awards show in a while

Make rich people physically fight for their awards now, campaigning with the usual interviews and dining people who vote is boring
    As a fan of professional wrestling, I'm looking at this all as a "work." Chris Rock and Will Smith have both filmed enough Hollywood fight scenes to know how to fake a punch or a slap and fake being punched or slapped. And unless you were backstage and could see it from a different angle, you have no way of knowing if Will's hand really connected with Chris's face or not. Trust me, Chris and Will and Jada may milk this for awhile, but someday they will all be laughing about how they played the whole world.

And yes, make them fight for their awards. Since the Oscars are only a week before WrestleMania, it would be entirely appropriate.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Nobody should ever resort to violence. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Nobody should ever resort to violence. Period.
    Very much disagree with this statement. This wasn't a situation where it needed to get physical but, in reality, sometimes it does.

BANNED

I AM willING try to bypass the suspision the suspicion if the whole thing was an act or not because a very sensible matter just rose here.
    I will also say resorting to violence is absolutely wrong.
    However I am not willing to bypass the fact that what Chris Rock did was also wrong and I do not have the slightest intention to let him go off the hook that easily.
    What Chris Rock did was pure body shaming.
    I do not care if it was a joke, i do not care if Alopekias is not serious. I was 100% pure body shaming right there and he should be held responsible by the Academy as much as Will Smith's violent act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    As a fan of professional wrestling, I'm looking at this all as a "work." Chris Rock and Will Smith have both filmed enough Hollywood fight scenes to know how to fake a punch or a slap and fake being punched or slapped. And unless you were backstage and could see it from a different angle, you have no way of knowing if Will's hand really connected with Chris's face or not. Trust me, Chris and Will and Jada may milk this for awhile, but someday they will all be laughing about how they played the whole world.

And yes, make them fight for their awards. Since the Oscars are only a week before WrestleMania, it would be entirely appropriate.
    I get being confused or thinking "staged" at first. Especially from not watching it live and only seeing clips or hearing about it. But, still? After LAPD statements on no charges at this time and Academy having to make a statement condemning violence?

Will Smith isn't hard up for roles or money. He's been an A lister for decades at this point. He finally was the frontrunner for his career achievement and he chooses to "stunt slap" get negative buzz why?