Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock On The Oscars Stage

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Wow. That was nuts.

I guess don’t crack jokes about a man’s wife when he’s sitting right in front of you.

Well...that happened.

He needs to have he's The Oscar takin back that was so out of line the joke wasn't even that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow. That was nuts.

I guess don’t crack jokes about a man’s wife when he’s sitting right in front of you.
    Please they need to get over them selfs

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was watching that live, well almost live because these broadcasts still have about a 7 or 8 second delay in case of profanity or......this. The E channel showed it again afterwards but with the sound restored.

This was weirder than the streaker from years ago but that one could have been staged.

Jada's hair is short because of a medical condition. That's not a cool thing to joke about.

Talk ****, get hit.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

It was a G.I. Jane joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Jada's hair is short because of a medical condition. That's not a cool thing to joke about.

Talk ****, get hit.
    Again the joke wasn't even that bad maybe in poor taste but still not that bad but most of all it's the Oscars! You're supposed to be a professional.

To tell the truth, I just thought it was her choice to have her head shaved. One of the hosts on TCM Jacqueline Stewart has her head shaved closely like that. Or maybe she has alopecia too??

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Again the joke wasn't even that bad maybe in poor taste but still not that bad but most of all it's the Oscars! You're supposed to be a professional.
    It took a while for me to get Chris Rock's joke. Then I remembered Demi Moore had soldier's buzz cut for the movie G.I. Jane. Maybe that's why it took Will Smith a minute or two to react.

Astonishing Member

At least Will Smith has better pro-wife reflexes (and vastly more entertainment value and net worth) than Ted Cruz, so as a public figure, artist, and human being, I will cut him slack.

Whoa! well that's one way to solve the 'Oscars are boring and irrevelant' problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    At least Will Smith has better pro-wife reflexes (and vastly more entertainment value and net worth) than Ted Cruz, so as a public figure, artist, and human being, I will cut him slack.
    Ted Cruz is a seriously low bar when it comes to human decency and dignity or human anything.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-27-2022 at 09:49 PM.

If it had been Wanda Sykes hosting and she'd have been hit by Smith the world would have end.

Smith should probably be charged for harassment or assault but Rock is probably the bigger man and will let it slide. Which is totally Rock's call.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    If it had been Wanda Sykes hosting and she'd have been hit by Smith the world would have end.

Smith should probably be charged for harassment or assault but Rock is probably the bigger man and will let it slide. Which is totally Rock's call.
    He needs to be band from the Oscars if any of us did this there would be consequences.