Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    10 year banning is absurd.
    Especially for something that was totally fake and staged! How far will they take it I wonder until they finally confess.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

At first I thought 10 yrs was a little harsh, but on the other hand what has Will actually lost? He can still get nominated and win awards. Since he resigned they can't fine him or anything. A couple years from now he'll be back to working on screen and producing behind the scenes. And who knows if the ban will even last the whole 10 years, they may resend it after about five.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I've never seen anyone do anything worse at the Oscars. 10 years is about right.
    I'm sure they didn't mean "at the Oscars".

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    At first I thought 10 yrs was a little harsh, but on the other hand what has Will actually lost? He can still get nominated and win awards. Since he resigned they can't fine him or anything. A couple years from now he'll be back to working on screen and producing behind the scenes. And who knows if the ban will even last the whole 10 years, they may resend it after about five.
    Rescind.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post

Rescind.
    Ha! Ok, you're right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Considering how boring the Oscars usually are, it might have been harsher to force him to attend every one for the next 10 years and ban him from any post-Oscar parties where the real fun happens.

Is he ineligible for nominations? Haven't read that yet, but maybe...? It will be kinda weird if he's nominated but cannot accept at the event.

They gave him Fed time for a quarter ounce lol

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    Considering how boring the Oscars usually are, it might have been harsher to force him to attend every one for the next 10 years and ban him from any post-Oscar parties where the real fun happens.

Is he ineligible for nominations? Haven't read that yet, but maybe...? It will be kinda weird if he's nominated but cannot accept at the event.
    From what I've seen he's still eligible to be nominated and potentially win. And thing is, it's not that unusual for people who are nominated to not show up ( although it's normally for scheduling reasons). He'll just send someone to pick it up for him or the presenters will accept on his behalf.

In the 80's Woody Allen started making a big deal of not going when he was nominated. Like, "Oh I don't care about LA, I'm going to stay in NY and hang out at this jazz club and play clarinet..."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They gave him Fed time for a quarter ounce lol
    Who knows? It might actually be really painful for Will. I remember a few years ago when Jada sat out the show cuz "Oscars So White" and Will was talking to a reporter and said something like, "Yeah, I was almost going to go but we had a talk about it and it might look weird if my wife was at home and I showed up with Charlize Theron or somebody..." It was like he thought he was making an actual sacrifice by not going...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Ten years is more than I thought he'd get. I thought it would be 1 or 2 years, 5 at most.

If he shows real contrition he could get time off for good behavior, I guess.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ten years is more than I thought he'd get. I thought it would be 1 or 2 years, 5 at most.

If he shows real contrition he could get time off for good behavior, I guess.
    That's what I thought too. But again, he's not banned from working and he still has millions of fans. He just can't go to Academy events for awhile, so...he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I've never seen anyone do anything worse at the Oscars. 10 years is about right.
    Here's a list.

https://www.themarysue.com/no-will-s...liest-moment-e

Such an odd choice here.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Chris Rock refuses to talk about the incident unless he is paid to do so
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/09/chris...-he-gets-paid/

Mighty Member

Good for him LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Please none of that is as bad as slapping someone for a joke also that list has Seth MacFarlane on it get out of here with that.