Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Probably scripted.
    Have you asked yourself what's in it for the both of them for this to be fake? You think Will Smith will tank the good reputation he built for a publicity stunt for the sake of an award show he's boycott twice before?

Chris isn't pressing charges against Will Smith. He should count himself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, let me understand this...Will Smith slaps a man onstage then proceeds to yell profanity during the show at Chris Rock while he's presenting and still gets rewarded for Best Actor? Wow, Oscars really are a joke for sure now. He should refuse the award and give it back to the Academy. Benny Cumberbatch or Andrew were far more deserving.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. The Academy already voted; they don't choose a runner-up.

Good for Will standing up for his wife, but bad on him for physically assaulting Chris Rock. It was a bad, tasteless joke- for that, you talk to the guy later. You don't risk assault charges by going up on stage on national television and hit the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Jada's hair is short because of a medical condition. That's not a cool thing to joke about.

Talk ****, get hit.
    Um, yeah. No. We live, or at least we used to live, in a society of laws, where it was recognized that words don't justify fists. Rock's joke was boorish and insensitive but that doesn't getting punched by a much larger man.

Hell, Rickles used to joke about the mob bosses to their faces and even those guys were able to keep their cool better than Slappy Smith here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Have you asked yourself what's in it for the both of them for this to be fake? You think Will Smith will tank the good reputation he built for a publicity stunt for the sake of an award show he's boycott twice before?
    Yes, it makes no sense when people say it was a publicity stunt.

It was the same way I felt about Janet Jackson whole super bowl fiasco in 2004 when people said she did a publicity stunt and I am like how? Janet was a very private person, so private that she was married to her boyfriend for almost a decade and no one knew until she filed for divorce, but some how , she chooses to expose her herself like that at the most watched show in the USA..like wtf..why would she do that.

This was no publicity stunt, this was some kind of meltdown. I think Will just cracked under pressure because he had been on such a roll the past few months with all the praise for King Richard that he needed some kind of balanced negative energy. it is a sad situation.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-28-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Chris isn't pressing charges against Will Smith. He should count himself lucky.
    Their respective agents and the attorneys for the Academy were no doubt working on a settlement backstage within moments of the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, let me understand this...Will Smith slaps a man onstage then proceeds to yell profanity during the show at Chris Rock while he's presenting and still gets rewarded for Best Actor? Wow, Oscars really are a joke for sure now. He should refuse the award and give it back to the Academy. Benny Cumberbatch or Andrew were far more deserving.
    You realize that they aren't finalizing the winners while the show's going on, right?

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I don't condone violence, but I can understand why Will reacted the way he did.

Taking jabs at someone who has shaved her head because of medical reasons isn't cool. Chris should've known better.

However, Will should've known better than to go up there and act that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Yes, it makes no sense when people say it was a publicity stunt.

It was the same way I felt about Janet Jackson whole super bowl fiasco in 2004 when people said she did a publicity stunt and I am like how? Janet was a very private person, so private that she was married to her boyfriend for almost a decade and no one knew until she filed for divorce, but some how , she chooses to expose her herself like that at the most watched show in the USA..like wtf..why would she do that.

This was no publicity stunt, this was some kind of meltdown. I think Will just cracked under pressure because he had been on such a role the past few months with all the praise for King Richard that he needed some kind of balanced negative energy. it is a sad situation.
    If the parties involved were YouTubers, streamers or TikTok personalities I could buy as they tend to do this sort of thing to get attention. This is Hollywood. Actors ain't going to act out of pocket to draw eyes on them. They have too much to lose to do that.

The messed up part about what happened to Janet is that it was Justin fault that it happened. No one blamed him and he didn't bother defending her when being crucified by the press

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Oh dear, can they really revoke his Oscar. looks like he may have breached an Oscar code of conduct.

I really hope they don't. make him hand the oscar back.

it was an insult of his wife that got him provoked. it is not like he punched a child for no reason.
    "Oscar Code of Conduct" That might be the funniest thing I have ever read here.

They gave Roman Polanski an Oscar which he got a standing ovation for by the audience. Too bad Polanski couldn't accept in person, but unfortunately if you haven't heard the U.S. Government still has a warrant out on him for his Child rape conviction. Oscar's code of conduct LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I don't condone violence, but I can understand why Will reacted the way he did.

Taking jabs at someone who has shaved her head because of medical reasons isn't cool. Chris should've known better.

However, Will should've known better than to go up there and act that way.
    Alopecia is a medical term for hair loss. At worst, it's an autoimmune disorder that causes premature baldness. It is not serious at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    "Oscar Code of Conduct" That might be the funniest thing I have ever read here.

They gave Roman Polanski an Oscar which he got a standing ovation for by the audience. Too bad Polanski couldn't accept in person, but unfortunately if you haven't heard the U.S. Government still has a warrant out on him for his Child rape conviction. Oscar's code of conduct LMFAO
    Not that I disagree with your point, but it's worth noting that the Code of Conduct was put in place in 2017 in the wake of Harvey Weinstein. The moment you're referring to happening back in 2002.

Swiss army nerd

The incident itself aside - I have no opinion on two millionaires having a fight at a millionaire party - I find the Academy's rush to tweet stuff like "we condemn violence" or the talk of the Oscars code of conduct right when they honoured William Hurt in their In Memoriam section. His history with Marlee Matlin is stomach churning.

I am wondering is Rock thought it was a joke the Smiths could laugh WITH? Saying her hair was for a movie role, considering the green outfit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Alopecia is a medical term for hair loss. At worst, it's an autoimmune disorder that causes premature baldness. It is not serious at all
    She has spoken out about the way it effected HER though. Whether you or I deem it "serious" is irrelevant. He is the one living with her and knows how it effects her.

NONE of that negates the fact that he shouldn't have assaulted the man for it, or excuses Will. But, blowing off how people feel about autoimmune disorders is not ok either. Especially when Chris Rock did an entire documentary on Black Women's hair
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-28-2022 at 07:04 AM.