Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Like several issues of Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man, for example. Like issues 71 through 80 are nowhere to be seen.
    I think they're missing some 90's stuff too like a lot of Silver Sable issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Marvel Unlimited is also still missing stuff though, but they've been around longer.
    But at the rate DC is going with only 3 old comics a week (most of them Milestone), DCUI will never come close to Marvel.

Like several issues of Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man, for example. Like issues 71 through 80 are nowhere to be seen.
    Weird. That's slap bang in the middle of Bill Mantlo's run, and I don't see any objectionable content looking at the Fandom wiki.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    99.9% of the ones on DC Infinite are straight scans.
    Btw, 'archive' comics is just the term they use on DCUI for back issues. It's not 'archived' in any way. Just their way of saying, 'these comics are old'.

I'm there with you. I've seen 'remastered' or 'recolored' comics and they look like crap because there's no texture in the colors.

I have seen some new indie comics that have successfully recaptured that feeling with modern coloring, however.
    Good to know. Thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But at the rate DC is going with only 3 old comics a week (most of them Milestone), DCUI will never come close to Marvel.
    Well, it has a pretty expansive selection in general in my opinion.

Well, it has a pretty expansive selection in general in my opinion.
    It has some very glaring omissions, like Wolfman’s seminal Green Lantern run, holes in Grell’s Green Arrow, missing issues from Superman’s triangle era, Sandman has one arc…
    Instead for some reason they were focusing on weekly updates to the post-Millennium New Guardians. And Milestone, but I agree about that.

For people in the UK, it's now April 28. Is anyone able to download the app yet?

For people in the UK, it's now April 28. Is anyone able to download the app yet?
    No, I’ve just searched for it and it isn’t available yet. I guess it’s still early morning US time though?
    Looking forward to this, I love marvel unlimited and I am generally a Marvel man, but I’m looking forward to reading some DC stuff as well that I’ve never got round to.

Still not available yet… Would have thought it would have been set up ready to become available as soon as the calendar changed to the 28th.
    Probably get an email when the app is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    No, I’ve just searched for it and it isn’t available yet. I guess it’s still early morning US time though?
    Looking forward to this, I love marvel unlimited and I am generally a Marvel man, but I’m looking forward to reading some DC stuff as well that I’ve never got round to.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Still not available yet… Would have thought it would have been set up ready to become available as soon as the calendar changed to the 28th.
    I know Ireland wasn't in the list of countries it'll be available in at first but I'm really hoping we get it at the same time as the UK anyway. Probably kidding myself. Will probably have to wait another few months at least.

Extraordinary Member

About time...and I say this as an American .
    Sadly though, it seems that they will still be able to sell their product in the US as well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

bleeding cool says it will be launching in the afternnon in the UK: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-u...ernoon-honest/

I'm not from the UK or know the timezones that well, so no clue how accurate this is but it may help.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    bleeding cool says it will be launching in the afternnon in the UK: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-u...ernoon-honest/

I'm not from the UK or know the timezones that well, so no clue how accurate this is but it may help.
    It's currently 1:53 pm in the UK.

It’s in the iOS App Store now

It’s in the iOS App Store now
    Not for me. Damn. Damn, damn, damn. I'd really hoped we in Ireland would get it on the same day. Now god knows how much longer I'll have to wait for it.