Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Hellfire Gala and Judgment Day Aftermath: Hopes and Predictions

So, what are your hopes and predictions for the aftermath of the Hellfire Gala and Judgment Day?

I have a feeling that the books are going to become much more character-driven after both events. I wrote the following in Jean's thread a few days ago:

Hickman’s run [along with all of the books encompassed by it] was really one extensive world-building prologue, or first act, in which character development took a backseat. In fact, he seemed to thrive on maintaining most characters ambiguous for the sake of sowing intrigue, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, now that Krakoa is established and he's gone, the franchise seems to be moving into act two, which begins with [the Hellfire Gala and] Judgment Day.

During and particularly after Judgment Day, I expect the characters’ motivations, internal workings, and interpersonal dynamics to become gradually clearer and more defined. As they say, the hard part—breaking ground and starting anew—is over. Now is when the fun begins. I think this phase—Destiny of X—will be more enjoyable to most fans, especially those that struggled with the big and swift changes that came with House/Powers of X, Dawn of X, and Reign of X.
    What do you want or expect to see?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Something with Cable doing something cool. That's about it. I have no doubt the fan favorites will get their moments to shine... Wolverine, Jean, Storm, Magneto, etc.,... so I'm just looking for Cable to actually do something in this one since he missed both AvX and IvX.

I'm pretty easy to please.

Oh, and I suppose I'd like to see Hellion do something too... not because I'm a big fan of the character or anything, but for that one poster who really loves Hellion. I want them to get their Hellion itch scratched. They deserve it.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-28-2022 at 12:40 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    So, what are your hopes and predictions for the aftermath of the Hellfire Gala and Judgment Day?

I have a feeling that the books are going to become much more character-driven after both events. I wrote the following in Jean's thread a few days ago:

What do you want or expect to see?
    Hope: Banshee gets used properly and actually is somehow useful again.

Prediction: Banshee will die pathetically multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Hope: Banshee gets used properly and actually is somehow useful again.

Ahem...

EDIT: I cut off the quote. Si said, "'Hot new look' is the least of it."
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ahem...

EDIT: I cut off the quote. Si said, "'Hot new look' is the least of it."
    Sean and Moira will be featured in an article in Krakoa's fashion magazine, written by Emma Frost, titled, "Who wore Banshee better?"

Incredible Member

Yeah, I read that, and it kind of sounds good. But I've read similar things before and it's been rubbish. I guess I can always hope, one of these years there might actually be some truth in it. In actual fact if the little Declan Shalvey story, a couple of weeks ago, was anything to go by it may finally be this year.

Selfish and wishful thinking:

A group shot of the Academy kids together supporting Bling, Surge, and Gentle. Obviously with Hellion and Wind Dancer getting some panel time. Drawn by one of the better artist that will be on rotation but hoping for Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman.

Avalanche being a stud himbo at the gala where we find out that he wants to try to be an X-man but Mystique is also pushing him to do it to have someone on the team.

That's all i got

BANNED

I hope Laura leaves the team, and gets on a book where she can be written in-character again, by a writer who comprehends her character history doesn't begin with the Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    It'd be pretty cool if he goes into Destiny of X without his skin. It'd be a good way to freak out the Eternals and keep them on edge during Judgment Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh, and I suppose I'd like to see Hellion do something too... not because I'm a big fan of the character or anything, but for that one poster who really loves Hellion. I want them to get their Hellion itch scratched. They deserve it.
    Hell yeah I do. After what they let Aaron do to by boy Robbie, Marvel freaking owes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully there's a scene of Exodus showing Sinister his taxidermy collection of Nathaniel Essex clones he never knew became stuffed animals

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hell yeah I do. After what they let Aaron do to by boy Robbie, Marvel freaking owes me.
    Im rooting for you, Rift.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Hope: Dani Moonstar gets off Krakoa for some adventures.

Prediction: The New Mutants are completely ignored for both events. Except for Magik.

What did he do?

BANNED

It'd be pretty cool if he goes into Destiny of X without his skin. It'd be a good way to freak out the Eternals and keep them on edge during Judgment Day.
    Banshee comes without his skin, and Moira will attend wearing it as a light wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What did he do?
    Robbie Reyes is a stoic, mature lone wolf. He's a bit of a brooder, but he's not a moody teen or anything. He's a guy who's had to work hard his entire life, while managing great grades and taking care of his disabled brother on his own. He's someone with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but he has good heart, a good head on his shoulders, and is willing to do what it takes to keep innocent people safe. The rare moments of levity and silliness come from him goofing off with his little brother, because he knows how to act around children. Otherwise, people often remark about how abnormally adult and mature he is.

Jason Aaron's Robbie is a quippy goofball who wouldn't know his ass from a frying pan. Sometimes he might reference the brother he takes care of, but otherwise Gabe might as well be dead in the gutter somewhere. He's no longer possessed by his evil uncle, and is instead possessed by a Spirit of Vengeance. This takes away his major hook and makes him exactly like every other Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Banshee comes without his skin, and Moira will attend wearing it as a light wrap.
    LOL.

Idk why, but I just love the idea of Moira not only keeping her ex's skin, but wearing it as an accessory. This would make the new Moira so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Robbie Reyes is a stoic, mature lone wolf. He's a bit of a brooder, but he's not a moody teen or anything. He's a guy who's had to work hard his entire life, while managing great grades and taking care of his disabled brother on his own. He's someone with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but he has good heart, a good head on his shoulders, and is willing to do what it takes to keep innocent people safe. The rare moments of levity and silliness come from him goofing off with his little brother, because he knows how to act around children. Otherwise, people often remark about how abnormally adult and mature he is.

Jason Aaron's Robbie is a quippy goofball who wouldn't know his ass from a frying pan. Sometimes he might reference the brother he takes care of, but otherwise Gabe might as well be dead in the gutter somewhere. He's no longer possessed by his evil uncle, and is instead possessed by a Spirit of Vengeance. This takes away his major hook and makes him exactly like every other Ghost Rider.

LOL.

Idk why, but I just love the idea of Moira not only keeping her ex's skin, but wearing it as an accessory. This would make the new Moira so much better.
    Fair assessment. It's like Aaron wanted to write Spider-Man (as some people working at Marvel tend to view him) but wasn't able to get him for his Avengers run, so he jammed Robbie into the oft-repeated "classic Spider-Man" archetype, albeit influenced by Spider-Man's MCU portrayal (up until No Way Home, at least). Speaking of Spider-Man, my hopes are that the HFG variant cover he's getting will be a cool, or at least fitting, outfit for him to wear for the Gala and that his past camaraderie with the X-Men is acknowledged and respected. Plus, he gets some Krakoan medicines to fix Ben Reilly and restore his memories and sense of self after what's happened to him in the final stretch of Spider-Man Beyond (and what seems likely to happen in the not-so-grand finale). My expectations . . . don't really have any.
    The spider is always on the hunt.