Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I kinda feel bad for the creative teams on the books that don't make it.

I feel like they should be given chances too!!

I'm like a broken record on this, but this is yet another example of how weird I find the fan focus on characters rather than creators. A Si Spurrier book should be mopping the floor with the rest of these.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    One things I love about the X-Men 2022 Vote and hate about the DC Round Robins votes are how unpredictable for the X-Mens and too predictable for DC. When I compare those voting sessions in the X-Polls. It's quite hard to know which mutants get to join the X-Men. It's what make the fans feel suprised and curious to know which mutants won in the end. Moreover, they have their own thinking with different opinions without making so suspicious.

Meanwhile at DC, look what we got! A suicide squad book with WHAT!! FREAKING BATMAN!! Really!! And then look at the list of the nominees, I was rooting for Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Kid Flash to win but then their rival competitors is obvious the most populars one. Even in "DC vs VAMPIRES". The premise of the plots sound so predictable and repetitive. Batman and the non-power heroes (even Harley Quinn) are the one to save the day.

At X-Men, most of the story plots are quite unpredictable, shock and suprise. Even the Evil Moira appear at the end of the "X death of Wolverine"is quite shocking. No one see it coming because it was mean to keep it later instead being sooner. Storm, queen of Sol is something even fans didn't see it coming during the "Gala 2021".
    Batman was killed off in DC vs Vampires and in Superhero comics usually it's the Super characters who save the day not the non-metas

Looking at the comment following the reveal that Grayson was the king Vampire I'd say that fans were surprised.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-11-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I'm like a broken record on this, but this is yet another example of how weird I find the fan focus on characters rather than creators. A Si Spurrier book should be mopping the floor with the rest of these.
    Spurrier’s The Dreaming and Hellblazer runs were great but he hasn’t had a hit with the DC A-Listers yet. He’s not a well known name as weird as that may sound to someone who digs his stuff. His brief JL run was bad imo, he’s more well known for his Marvel work, although I’m still very interested in the pitch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Oop, KF had been leading on the first day of voting when I voted on Insta. Too bad about the current results.
    Well he tied on DC Infinite and might have won on Twitter.

So even if he loses-I would suspect we will see this story in some form.

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...-begun/3206596

50%Suicide Squad: Dark

50%Kid Flash: The Speed of Fear

2876 voters
    Second most votes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Characters also carry a genre with them, and I just don't enjoy the Suicide Squad 9/10 times and I'm 100% cool with missing more cannibal stuff.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman was killed off in DC vs Vampires and in Superhero comics usually it's the Super characters who save the day not the non-metas

Looking at the comment following the reveal that Grayson was the king Vampire I'd say that fans were surprised.
    1. yeah he got killed off after 4 issues as the protagonist and the rest of the series is going to follow robin and Harley quinn so yeah it still the vigilantes show

2. are sure about that the since the injustice almost every else world book it the bat/green arrow+ Constatine it the protagonist with the met-human being portray as stuck up elites

3. maybe here but everywhere else they call it from issue 2 the suprise mostly came from the fact that they actually didn't think they would have gone with the obvious so quickly not before the joker fake out

All valid points and definitely a problem with this tournament of sorts.

Now garazza, about Jon Kent...
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Now garazza, about Jon Kent...
    You like my sig? I thought I should just own it, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    You like my sig? I thought I should just own it, you know.
    It's great. Always own it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    One things I love about the X-Men 2022 Vote and hate about the DC Round Robins votes are how unpredictable for the X-Mens and too predictable for DC. When I compare those voting sessions in the X-Polls. It's quite hard to know which mutants get to join the X-Men. It's what make the fans feel suprised and curious to know which mutants won in the end. Moreover, they have their own thinking with different opinions without making so suspicious.

Meanwhile at DC, look what we got! A suicide squad book with WHAT!! FREAKING BATMAN!! Really!! And then look at the list of the nominees, I was rooting for Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Kid Flash to win but then their rival competitors is obvious the most populars one. Even in "DC vs VAMPIRES". The premise of the plots sound so predictable and repetitive. Batman and the non-power heroes (even Harley Quinn) are the one to save the day.

At X-Men, most of the story plots are quite unpredictable, shock and suprise. Even the Evil Moira appear at the end of the "X death of Wolverine"is quite shocking. No one see it coming because it was mean to keep it later instead being sooner. Storm, queen of Sol is something even fans didn't see it coming during the "Gala 2021".
    Moira X is terrible though.

I'm glad they all got paid for this.

I know Whitley was friends with Tee Franklin and could probably relate but it seems like the creators at least knew going in that their pitch might not get selected or how the system worked, for better or worse.