Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Hawkman & Hawkwoman
    The Questions
    Justice League Redacted
    Firestorm

Nothing from the right side grabbed my interest enough to bother making picks. While I think this is fun the way it is set up everything changes once creative teams are announced.

Animal Man and the Alan Scott Green Lantern ones are the ones that mainly stick out to me.

Heard Robins was apparently mediocre/not good so kind of makes me question about the overall quality of the stories that make up these.

I will probably vote for the Hawks, it's good to see that Hector is still somehow remembered.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I will probably vote for the Hawks, it's good to see that Hector is still somehow remembered.
    So is this the old Hector or new “Earth 1” Hector?
    As long as it isn’t Byth in disguise.

Super Boy is the main interest for me. I wish they'd show creative teams. Robins turned out to be pretty awful, story and art.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Well, this is another example of a point on which I split from, it seems, the majority of comics fans: without knowing who the creators will be, I can't really choose.

How do you even vote? The article doesn't say.

I'm fairly skeptical this is a real vote, anyway, rather than a publicity stunt, like the "nationwide searches" to cast someone in a big movie role while secretly the actor is already chosen.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Just FYI, the Insta story just updated, for those who want to vote over there too - in the Instagram Story icon, halfway through.

Hawkman/Hawkwoman vs Wildcat is the only really hard vote for me - I went with Wildcat, but I'd be happy with either of these.

The Questions - hope Vic shows up to, based on the plural!

Justice League Redacted, even though I really don't like either of these pitches.

Kid Flash

Black Canary

Animal Man

Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

Superboy

On the one hand, I'm frustrated that they seem to be keeping this a zero sum game. On the other hand, at least there doesn't seem to be a clear favorite/most hated book. On the third hand, I don't REALLY have a love of any of the pitches yet, though I do love the title treatments each of them got.

Yes, three hands!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Super Boy is the main interest for me. I wish they'd show creative teams. Robins turned out to be pretty awful, story and art.
    Yeah, fair point about the art, since when has Dick had long hair with the modern costume? I don't think it's been that long since around 1995, when he left the New Titans and first got his solo book - he got a haircut and the first version of his modern suit in that 90s mini. And the other Robins costumes were mismatched - Damian and Jason had old suits, but Steph had her current one. When was it set anyway, before Death Metal (in which case it should also be before Joker War, which means Steph's suit is an anachronism) or after (when Damian got his new costume)?

As for Superboy... Man of Tomorrow? And he goes off world? Sounds thematically similar to Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Just FYI, the Insta story just updated, for those who want to vote over there too - in the Instagram Story icon, halfway through.
    Can you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As for Superboy... Man of Tomorrow? And he goes off world? Sounds thematically similar to Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.
    Isn't Tom King allegedly writing another Super book? This could be it.

Only ones that interest me are:

Wildcat: Nine Lives

The Questions: Grand Solution

Black Canary: When Canaries Cry

Green Lantern: The Light At The End of Forever

(since the above two are pit against each other I'll go with John Stewart)

DC Horror Presents: Ghost Tour From Hell

Green Lantern: The Birth of Conspiracy

Captain Carrot & His Best Friend Darkseid

(of above two, I would go with GL since I think Darkseid is overused at this point)

Cyborg: Cyber Gods

(the Superboy story it was competing with sounds way too similar to what they are already doing in the Superman comics. Plus, I love the Beast Boy and Cyborg interactions from the 2003 shows and I love the idea of the Gizmo and Klarion working together to become technomancers.)

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I think they definitely learned from the last premise by not having anything explicitly too popular like a Harley or Robins book that would probably clean out everyone else in the tournament, although that also makes it arguably anyone's game now...

Some of the premises seem really interesting and I'd love to see these character spotlighted. Not sure who to vote for, honesty .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Only ones that interest me are, oddly enough, the GL titles:

Green Lantern: The Light At The End of Forever

Green Lantern: The Birth of Conspiracy
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Isn't Tom King allegedly writing another Super book? This could be it.
    Oh, I hadn't heard that. Where does this rumor come from? See, that's an example of what I'm talking about - I'd vote for that in a heartbeat if I knew it was King.

The hook for the Cyborg story sounds like it could push him beyond the "Man v. Machine v. Self" aspect that has dominated his character for so long. I wanna know whose writing and drawing it but it has my vote so far, it's time for him to go to the next step.

I hate that they pushed it with a Conner Kent book because it's similar to what I think is necessary but as of now Vic has my vote.

"The Birth of Conspiracy" sounds fun actually and I don't actually read GL-related stories. I'd be more inclined to vote for John if he didn't sound like an Elseworld.

Firestorm, Kid Flash, Questions, Black Canary, and The Hawks all sound interesting too I just think my heart is with Cyborg right now, he deserves it especially since his push 11 years ago upgraded his powers and gave him little to do outside of that.
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 03-29-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom