Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

I'm so incredibly happy Superboy won this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I'm so incredibly happy Superboy won this!!!
    Ditto! It deserved the win.

Officially announced yesterday

sb.jpg

This was so satisfying. And the other book sounded interesting too but obviously Conner needed this more. Even the preview pages joked about DC not knowing what to do with Conner with all the others around. Hope this would remind them the character actually has a fanbase.

And hopefully the actual book is better received than Robins...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And hopefully the actual book is better received than Robins...
    Least the art for this looks good as opposed to Robins which had terrible art. Also Robins’ problem was that Wayne Family Adventures was pretty much exactly what people wanted a hypothetical Robins book to be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder how big his OVERALL fanbase really is. not everyone likes the other versions of him, OR has seen or read them all. can't imagine the fans who have seen multiple versions of kon in video games seeing YJ or Reign, or Smallville or Titans, or reading the multiple different versions in the comics.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I wonder how big his OVERALL fanbase really is. not everyone likes the other versions of him, OR has seen or read them all. can't imagine the fans who have seen multiple versions of kon in video games seeing YJ or Reign, or Smallville or Titans, or reading the multiple different versions in the comics.
    The Young Justice fans like the Titans version since it was based on YJ
    The fans of the 90s look will consume everything that has the 90s look in it from 90s YJ, recent YJ, Death of Superman movie, Convergence. They're the most vocal since the 90s look return in Convergence.
    The New 52 fans I don't know for sure... but some of them moved to Jon when Rebirth happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Officially announced yesterday

sb.jpg
    Wow, all the good entries got voted out for this? At least I'll be saving some money later this year.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wow, all the good entries got voted out for this? At least I'll be saving some money later this year.
    That's assuming this too wasn't a good entry .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's assuming this too wasn't a good entry .

which it obviously was.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Young Justice fans like the Titans version since it was based on YJ
    The fans of the 90s look will consume everything that has the 90s look in it from 90s YJ, recent YJ, Death of Superman movie, Convergence. They're the most vocal since the 90s look return in Convergence.
    The New 52 fans I don't know for sure... but some of them moved to Jon when Rebirth happened.

can you imagine all the different camps of kon/conner fans being one camp

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    can you imagine all the different camps of kon/conner fans being one camp
    There was a fan art theme going around back then portraying 90s Conner, YJ Conner, Jon Sam, Jon Lane, and Chris Kent as brothers, so quite a lot of them will like it.

It's only the 90s vs YJ Kon that is the point of contention if they're depicted as the same characters

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There was a fan art theme going around back then portraying 90s Conner, YJ Conner, Jon Sam, Jon Lane, and Chris Kent as brothers, so quite a lot of them will like it.

It's only the 90s vs YJ Kon that is the point of contention if they're depicted as the same characters

when I think of comic SB and YJ show Conner I only see the difference being thst they are coming at it from the opposite direction. his powers, personality, attitude, look, friends,genetics, etc. it's like a what if Geoff went back and created his origin if his soft retcon was the beginning, not like a decade after he was already created and around..so all you have to do is look at YJ Conner as the origin of the TT Geoff Johns Conner as if that's when the characters started and it works.same for Titans.

Course us comic readers know better than that, and we know the orignal was more fun and orignal, and want him accounted for in any version of kon

for those who got the Robins book was there any variant covers?