Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Although I know that Instagram basically determines the winner it is interesting to see how its results differ from Twitter.

THE QUESTIONS 46.1% vs CONSTANTINE & THE DEMON 53.9%

BLACK CANARY 55.9% vs GREEN LANTERN 44.1%
    You can campaign and share to a large group of people on Twitter that makes a big difference, a lot of people felt burned that no matter how hard they tried to fight for the series they wanted an untouchable group of voters dominated the vote.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This nonsense again. I don't see why do this poll on other platforms when IG determines everything. Why are they trying to make it seem like twitter or DCU influences anything about the final result. It's pathetic.
    The final vote is on DCU

I dislike this bracket system where they put 1 book against another book, instead I would just put them all out there altogether, and let the voting decide from there, kinda how a true poll works.

BTW Conner Kent always (sorry Viv, but kon is my fav), and I like the firestorm with both boys
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The final vote is on DCU
    No, it isn't. Twitter had one winner last time, Instagram had the opposite result - and is what they went with. I think DCU actually voted the same way as Twitter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Conner book is the only one I’d buy.

I'm not understanding the base concept. the public gets to vote on this or is this simply internal between DC Staffers and freelancers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it isn't. Twitter had one winner last time, Instagram had the opposite result - and is what they went with. I think DCU actually voted the same way as Twitter.
    I thnk what Rac7d* meat that last time you could only vote on DC-Universe in the final round.

Before from my understanding they just summed up the votes from all platforms and IG just had way more users than twitter and DCU.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Animal Man,. PLEASE
    While the pitch sounds slightly reminiscent of what Delano did on his final arc of the original series, I'm always down for more Animal Man.

Here's hoping that the writer is Jeremy Adams, who recently used Maxine Baker in The Flash...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not understanding the base concept. the public gets to vote on this or is this simply internal between DC Staffers and freelancers?
    The public votes online.

Conners book
    Firestorm
    Cyborg
    Both GL books

That's my list, I'm not into magic, not into kill squads, and not into street level unless it's nightwing or captain America.

The bracket system is dumb, if you out 2 great book ideas against each other in the 1st round (like kons and vics), and the rest are nothing but shite, the shite will last longer and might win over the better books
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Hawks
    The Questions
    Green Arrow: JL
    Firestorm
    Either GL
    Animal Man
    Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    The bracket system is dumb, if you out 2 great book ideas against each other in the 1st round (like kons and vics), and the rest are nothing but shite, the shite will last longer and might win over the better books
    Opinions vary and quality is subjective. While you may view those other books as bad, the fans of those characters could say the same about Vic and Kon's books. Even in your theoretical scenario of them just making it a poll, you could still argue that having to choose between Vic or Kon's book is "splitting the vote" and one you view as lesser would win there, too.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Opinions vary and quality is subjective. While you may view those other books as bad, the fans of those characters could say the same about Vic and Kon's books. Even in your theoretical scenario of them just making it a poll, you could still argue that having to choose between Vic or Kon's book is "splitting the vote" and one you view as lesser would win there, too.

But there would be a clear 1st,2nd, and 3rd, and on and on, to let us know how everything really stacks up against each other.

Oh and btw I wasn't exaclty using this round Robin as my example for a shite book idea, it was more just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I thnk what Rac7d* meat that last time you could only vote on DC-Universe in the final round.

Before from my understanding they just summed up the votes from all platforms and IG just had way more users than twitter and DCU.
    That is correct, if you compare the number of followers the DC accounts have on Instagram with their follower counts on Twitter you will see how much larger the Instagram voting crowd is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would buy six or seven of these concepts!
    Did any of last year’s ideas see print other than the winner?