View Poll Results: Which Avengers era is your favourite?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1960's

3 6.00%
  • 1970's

15 30.00%
  • 1980's

19 38.00%
  • 1990's

8 16.00%
  • 2000's

10 20.00%
  • 2010's

5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    My favourite Avengers story was published in the 80's, but for sheer consistent quality, excellent artwork and defining Avengers tales I have to vote for the 70's.
    Couldn't agree more. The '80s had the stability of Stern & his epic fan-favorite, Under Siege

But, the '70s had George Perez coming into his own as an artistic force & the stories were solid entertainment (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-24-2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    And solo Avengers was a fun split book with the solo Hawkeye stories and guest avenger story.
    Agreed. Too bad it didn't last long, but the artwork of Doc Bright will always be a highlight (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Couldn't agree more. The '80s had the stability of Stern & his epic fan-favorite, Under Siege

Under Seige was incredible, and certainly among my top ten favorite Avengers stories, however, Assault on Olympus still holds the top spot for me. A shame it would be Stern's swan song.

Peace

80s but the 70s were good to back then Avengers felt unique wasn't as much taking characters known from being on other teams and that also gave some great but underrated characters like black knight and wasp a chance to shine love Stern's run....and Under Seige is my favorite Avenger story....70s were very quality as well but the 80s was just the GOAT comic era characters and teams were solid and unique just a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Under Seige was incredible, and certainly among my top ten favorite Avengers stories, however, Assault on Olympus still holds the top spot for me. A shame it would be Stern's swan song.

Peace
    Thanks, and I concur with your choice of Assault on Olympus

Definitely, a classic deserving of a top spot on any list of all-time greats (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Too bad it didn't last long, but the artwork of Doc Bright will always be a highlight (XD)

One of the best Marvel artists of all time
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    1960s- the first 40 issues are not that great. The book only takes off when John Buscema starts drawing it in Avengers #41.
    1970s- the book is most consistently good in this decade.
    1980s- the book is bad for two years in the early part of the decade, and much better later that decade
    1990s- I like the stories in the early part of the decade, but the book turns to crap in the middle part of the decade, and then Kurt Busiek saves it at the end.
    2000s- very mixed quality
    2010s- good runs up until Secret Wars. Quality drops off a lot in the second half of the decade.
    I feel like Volume 1 doesn't get good until "Deliver Us From The Masters of Evil" then it's like smooth sailing until Sersi joins full-time.
    Vol 2 sucked
    Vol 3 was OK for like 3/4 of it.
    Bendis era (New, Mighty and Dark) was good but the Heroic Age era was spotty.
    Hickman's New was better than Main. Mighty was OK but overlooked.

**** the bed after Secret Wars tho.

I'll probably give the win to the 80s cuz of West Coast Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm having a hard time picking a decade since my favorite period of Avengers was the Heroes Return Busiek/Perez era that started in the late 90s and went until the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The 1990s. I know it's not a popular era but that's when I started reading Avengers so I have fond memories about it.
    Yep the 90's for me as well. And for the same reason.

The Late '70s.
    Nothing better.
    download.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Late '70s.
    Nothing better.
    download.jpg
    Definitely, Avengers #160 is classic & an all-time favorite.
    A bittersweet reading experience for me, since this would be the last time Simon wore his best costume ever (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-27-2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

I would say the Jason Aaron Avengers although I originally hated his 1 million years Avengers. I have since appreciated the Mephito thread running through the series as it looks like a lot of story is a concept of altered realities starting with Heroes Reborn and continuing with the changing of reality of alternative universes. When Mephisto goes into his final plot that will be a great ending for Mephito trying to dominate the Avengers.

Default Dark Avengers!

I voted for 2000s and 2010s; because Dark Avengers was 2009 - 2013; and it was the only time I truly just loved an Avengers team comic. Plus we get Young Avengers in that time frame; which I also loved (though it's not a 'core' Avengers team)

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2022 at 12:58 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."