Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    His Hellions was good. I checked his bibliography and that was the title that I actually liked from him. Perhaps he is better at writing morally grey to villains. C-D listers where he has a lot of freedom to work and people won't be so harsh on him if he goes to far.
    Yeah I can't say I know the characters from his Hellions run, but what I saw was fun, it's the only run from the Krakoa era I read from start to finish, sense of humor was pretty good too.

Though you pointing out that his talent might be morally grey characters to villains, that makes me think he could write another volume of Superior Foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There is little doubt that Ben got a raw deal in Beyond, but at least he still has Janine. I am afraid Peter will end up in an even worse position ( the fact that Amazing will be six months into the future is a strong clue about that.) If that is the case, the Wells run will be another arc like Beyond and post-Silk Slott that I will be sitting out. This is especially true with Yankee Season starting up next week, which will give me something to enjoy instead of being constantly pissed off about the direction of Spider-Man.
    Let me guess. New supporting cast and new love interest for Peter while MJ is sidelined.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Let me guess. New supporting cast and new love interest for Peter while MJ is sidelined.
    nope so far from trailer similar supporting cast with Human torch guest staring

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    nope so far from trailer similar supporting cast with Human torch guest staring
    Perhaps after the sinister adaptoid issue 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Though you pointing out that his talent might be morally grey characters to villains, that makes me think he could write another volume of Superior Foes.
    Yeah that would be a good fit.

I am not hopeful for his run. I will check out the first issues to see where he goes with particularly MJ. She will be my litmus test for his run. Of course if Chasm appears I will not buy those issues. That is a given for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Perhaps after the sinister adaptoid issue 900.
    What supporting cast would there be. no university students, not any DB or threats and menace, Flash wont be showing up. no horizon, maybe people depending if Peter is shown working somewhere and occasionally Randy or May if she's still around by 900

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah that would be a good fit.

I am not hopeful for his run. I will check out the first issues to see where he goes with particularly MJ. She will be my litmus test for his run. Of course if Chasm appears I will not buy those issues. That is a given for me.
    The fact that everyone will turn against Peter and it is once again Otto in 900 ( after being in 800), and evil Norman is coming back; is something to worry about. Why? Peter has the best rogues gallery in Marvel and despite that, they want to constantly ram Otto and Norman down our throats, just like constantly making life miserable for Peter. Why? Lazy writing and a comfort zone at editorial. I would love to see readers get pleasantly surprised ( like they did with MJ and Felicia), instead of expecting and getting the worst.

The fact that everyone will turn against Peter and it is once again Otto in 900 ( after being in 800), and evil Norman is coming back; is something to worry about. Why? Peter has the best rogues gallery in Marvel and despite that, they want to constantly ram Otto and Norman down our throats, just like constantly making life miserable for Peter. Why? Lazy writing and a comfort zone at editorial. I would love to see readers get pleasantly surprised ( like they did with MJ and Felicia), instead of expecting and getting the worst.
    Well we are getting a nice beginning with the Digger and setting up Thombstone as the starting bad is a good way to get back to street level crime, What I am not looking forward to is if we start going back to the mystical totem level stuff. But also a theory based on the issue from today is the mysterious figure could be from the future and could also tie into Timeless with a redheaded character showing up

Mighty Member

Isn't Otto kidnapped along with the rest of the sinister 6?

Mighty Member

Well we are getting a nice beginning with the Digger and setting up Thombstone as the starting bad is a good way to get back to street level crime, What I am not looking forward to is if we start going back to the mystical totem level stuff. But also a theory based on the issue from today is the mysterious figure could be from the future and could also tie into Timeless with a redheaded character showing up
    Maybe he is future Peter.

Astonishing Member

I really despised the Totem stuff. If you ask me to name my most hated stories that is number two ( after OMD ( Silk is third)). I will agree with you about Tombstone and Will read that. I am curious about your theory. Please explain? My theory has been for a long time that OMD and the subsequent garbage will finally end with ASM 1000( but we shall see):

Mighty Member

What supporting cast would there be. no university students, not any DB or threats and menace, Flash wont be showing up. no horizon, maybe people depending if Peter is shown working somewhere and occasionally Randy or May if she's still around by 900
    Ned Leeds is back

Mighty Member

I really despised the Totem stuff. If you ask me to name my most hated stories that is number two ( after OMD ( Silk is third)). I will agree with you about Tombstone and Will read that. I am curious about your theory. Please explain? My theory has been for a long time that OMD and the subsequent garbage will finally end with ASM 1000( but we shall see):
    Or ASM 10000

The Tombstone stuff i think will carry over some weight depending on Devil's Reign ends, but I think this is someone from the future and we'll be dealing with a more cosmic or less street crime story at times as if it is from the future or an AU or we might finally see Mayday show up to help her dad and it away could lead to her appearance or alluded to her as we get towards 1000 and it's not going to be Peter who causes the event in the end, but whoever is out the window and also is the one responsible for what will happen

Astonishing Member

The Tombstone stuff i think will carry over some weight depending on Devil's Reign ends, but I think this is someone from the future and we'll be dealing with a more cosmic or less street crime story at times as if it is from the future or an AU or we might finally see Mayday show up to help her dad and it away could lead to her appearance or alluded to her as we get towards 1000 and it's not going to be Peter who causes the event in the end, but whoever is out the window and also is the one responsible for what will happen
    The two obvious suspects are Mephisto and Morlun, but I would not overlook Beyond Corp.