Thread: IDW Missing?

All-New Member

Default IDW Missing?

I got the previews for stuff that comes in June and I was filling it out and noticed IDWÂ’s stuff is missing from it

IDW put out June solicitations, I read the Beast Wars book

My comic shop is out of it if I donÂ’t order it by the time I get to it when it comes out

So should I tell the employee about it and hope when they place orders that they remember?

Extraordinary Member

IDW is moving to being distributed through Penguin Random House (which distributes Marvel) as of June 1.

https://prhcomics.com/themes/?catUri...lishing-comics

PRH puts the IDW books in a catalog called PRH Panels.
    Last edited by cranger; 03-30-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    IDW is moving to being distributed through Penguin Random House (which distributes Marvel) as of June 1.

https://prhcomics.com/themes/?catUri...lishing-comics

PRH puts the IDW books in a catalog called PRH Panels.
    Wow, I missed that...so what does Diamond have left, Image, boom, dynamite? That's gotta hurt their revenue stream which is too bad because I've heard Steve at Diamond is a good guy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

It is similar to the Marvel deal so retailers can still order through Diamond and I suspect that they should retain about the same amount of orders (I would guess about roughly 30-50% but wow are sales estimates sketchy) although even then it has got to be less profitable.

I have not looked in an issue of Previews (or the Marvel catalog) in quite some time so I do not know what retailers expect to see in there, or on their order sheets.

The IDW stuff is listed in the general comics section of the Previews catalog now, along with Archie, Fantagraphics and all the other smaller publishers.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.