Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Personally, I believe they should have given that seat to Selene.

That wasn’t really a smart idea, but whatever.
    Yes, agree on this. She is much more powerful than some of the QC.

I think Colossus and Nightcrawler are pretty redundant in the QC and one of them should have given up his seat to Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL I mean, she wasn't wrong about what she could bring to the table, and she's a super compelling character and I really enjoyed how Gillen wrote her here, a lot more than most of her more recent appearances.....but I cackled when she talked about the sacrifice of her unaging peers when like sweetie, you murdered them, they didn't sacrifice shit. And just for the sheer drama of it all, I kinda want her move with the External Gate to backfire as getting rid of it means those Externals can now be resurrected, and then the Council's like....you made great points Selene and you absolutely convinced us of the need for an immortal Council member skilled in magic to be Apocalypse's replacement, and that's why.....we've added Saul.
    I would love to see the sacrificed Externals return just for, as you said, the drama of it all.

The way Sinister has no intention of telling anyone that Peter is compromised cracked me up. He is the worst.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would love to see the sacrificed Externals return just for, as you said, the drama of it all.

The way Sinister has no intention of telling anyone that Peter is compromised cracked me up. He is the worst.
    Speaking of secrets and also drama, half the reason I'm okay with Hope on the Council is because that means she'll be read in on the Moira secrets....and then have to go back to Arbor Magna and her co-worker and friend Proteus.

Hope: .....okay yeah this is awkward.

So Sinister said he was "26", so he has already reseted the timeline 25 times through Moira's powers. Except that unlike the real Moira, he only resets it back to when the clone was created (apparently a day earlier).

Saaaaame. I want Selene vs Candra power plays as they both vie for Council Seats or to thwart each other's specific agendas. It sucks that for as long as both characters have existed, and how closely linked they are, we've had very little actual interactions between them. They could play off each other so well.
    As if I needed more reason to love you.

I think Candra just needs a better look. She looks great in TAS:

I also liked her look in Black Cat:

Anything to not be just a generic sexy blonde gal.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is this whole "Jesus was actually a mutant" thing new?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Yes, agree on this. She is much more powerful than some of the QC.

I think Colossus and Nightcrawler are pretty redundant in the QC and one of them should have given up his seat to Selene.
    Colossus is secretly being controlled by his brother Mikhail from Russia.
    So they aren’t redundant. Really, Xavier wanted another X-Man on the council to help votes in his favor. But we, the reader, know that backfired, because Colossus is being secretly controlled.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I’m sure it’s what Exodus believes in.
    But it’s not true.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think so. It's probably just a Gillen thing, because of his catholic upbringing. I remember in The Wicked + The Divine (one of his Image series) he did something similar (implying that Jesus was part of the super-powered beings he introduced in that series)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think so. It's probably just a Gillen thing, because of his catholic upbringing. I remember in The Wicked + The Divine (one of his Image series) he did something similar (implying that Jesus was part of the super-powered beings he introduced in that series)
    I remember in Legends of Tomorrow season 2 how they kinda have to gloss over Jesus considering using the literal blood of Christ to kill the Reverse Flash and stop the Legion of Doom was a major plot point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So Sinister said he was "26", so he has already reseted the timeline 25 times through Moira's powers. Except that unlike the real Moira, he only resets it back to when the clone was created (apparently a day earlier).
    Right, this clone was recent (most likely the baby one) but as of right now he has multiple clones of different ages so could end this timeline and go back decades and rewrite the history of Marvel as we know it.

Using an older clone would leave that time's Sinister with only as many clones as existed then (with the ability to create more at later dates), and with all the knowledge transferred to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    As if I needed more reason to love you.

I think Candra just needs a better look. She looks great in TAS:

I also liked her look in Black Cat:

Anything to not be just a generic sexy blonde gal.
    Yesssss I loved that look in Black Cat. So....arcane and esoteric. But yeah, I'm definitely hoping the External Gate plot point leads to the return of the other Externals, at least Candra, Saul and Nicodemus. And they're gonna be pissssssed. Gideon's already backing his bags to planet hop to Mars, gets there and realizes Roberto is a major power player there and is still holding a grudge against him....."Oh no, what is this, the consequence of my own actions?"

This was so good. Welcome back Kieron. Th best part was his use of history here. LOVED him acknowledging Necrosha. He also made use of happenings in the other books quite effectively here so that it felt very cohesive to the overall narrative
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-30-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Amazing Member

I really hope we get more Selene in this series, just so her and Emma can snipe at each other more because it’s so JUICY.

Especially since Hope is trying hard to reach for a story line and it just doesn’t ever work

Astonishing Member

Actually the clones are being used to ratify how they've been viewing Moira's powers. Sinister's literally using them as a reset button.....and just found a way to control how far back the timeline gets reset, by manipulating the biological age of the clones via the length of their telomeres. (Essentially telomeres are indicators of age, and they've long been a focal point of theoretical immortality). But the mechanism by which Sinister is mapping the future is he has a digital interface hooked up to the Moira clones' brains, and he 'uploads' information or current events into the brain of a Moira clone, then kills her, which resets the timeline only as far back as he wants it reset and manipulated Moira's cellular age to see as her new biological startpoint. And since knowledge in Moira's brain carries over with the reset, the digital interface downloads all new information as it comes in, which is what indicates that a reset has occurred, and gives him new data about everything that happened between now and the just-wiped-out future point that Sinister had just reset from.

Like, its gross and morally reprehensible of course, and there's no pretense otherwise as Sinister waxes on about how he doesn't view anybody as people rather just potential resources or tools to be used, but the mechanism for how Sinister's utilizing Moira's power as a reset button is clearly charted.

(Also, the idea that Hope can't have a life outside of existing just to resurrect mutants literally wouldn't be all that different from how Sinister is viewing Moira as nothing more than a resource with no rights or meaning to her existence beyond that. Just saying...)
    This issue makes me think he's the one who sent OS back in time..'trickster titan'..also on some thread I called that Sinister would try clone Moira and try to body jump his mind into her , I guess we don't get the mechanics yet but seems like he's doing something very similar.