Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The reason she can't fall in love with an ordinary guy after is that compared to Mr Bench-the-planet the sex will be rubbish.

That's right isn't it? Come on, it's going to be mentioned sooner or later and I would rather get it out of the way now.
    Oh, that's right xD But it depends on what one believe if you ask around xD There's also the theory that he can't stay with the ordinary girl because he would hurt her. If he is so scared to do anything, then it's not sure the girl would enjoy it xD If she ends with the ordinary guy in the end that will be the explanation xD

Anyway, maybe I made a mistake calling the ordinary guy Clark in my example. The point wasn't referencing Clark-Superman's situation, or why Lois fell in love with Clark, chose both Clark and Superman, ecc... (even if while thinking about everything and analyzing those dynamics, I can't help myself but think that that may have been the reason for the writers to use such a dynamic: Motivate both the ordinary girls and boys who read it. What is often used in separated relationships and in separated kind of fictions got incorporated in one. Not Superman nor Lois in this way could be considered 'shallow'. If she was to like only Superman while ignoring Clark, she would have just like all those fictionary ordinary guys or girls who fall for the perfect guy/girl and not for the guy/girl who always cares for them and is in deep love with them and has always been with them).

I am going to be very demential, now, you are warned u.u xD

For what I will call the 'law' of the underdog' that it was mentioned so many times in this topic (if it's a law is valid always, not only sometimes u.u), to the question "Can Lois break up with Superman for some reasons and fall in love with an ordinary guy for some reasons?", the answer should be 'yes, because people always cheer for the underdog, so they would enjoy it very much, since it is so shallow having instead the beautiful girl choose the handsome and perfect man over the nice ordinary man. And yes, if the reason is she can't forget sex with him, than it is even more shallow xD, without mentioning that more often than not the 'underdog' is showed as being a monster in bed, even better than the perfect guy xD'.

Finally, if the 'law of the underdog' is always applied, then all those who are not 'underdogs' (All the superheroes, famous beautiful people, ecc...) will in the end become the new 'underdogs' because everyone will prefer the original 'underdogs' over them. xD (Poor Sif is one of the victims in the recent movies xD).

And with this post and the 'law of the underdog' that maybe could go on uncyclopedia, or that maybe couldn't go even there, I conclude xD

Anyway...more seriously. Maybe it's better that there's not a synergy between the medias, so that everyone can enjoy his/her pairing. Do you want to see Clark x Lois? Go watch/read Smallville, the movies, all the old stories. Steve x Diana? Again Smallville, probably the movies, all old comics, tv show, ecc... Diana x Bruce? JLU and Beyond Universe, hints in the past. Diana x Clark? The current canon, the animated movies, the stories of the past.

Every fan has something, everyone is happy, and that's it xD
    And I am the happiest because while maybe SMWW is my favourite, I kinda like for different reasons and more or less, everyone of these pairings xD
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 09-22-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I found this article to be a thought-provoking read about why certain love interests work. As for Superman's romantic prospects in the cinematic universe, I think the biggest obstacle would be structural. I can't see a Wonder Woman film -- her first live action solo film -- featuring Superman in any capacity, and I think for her to work writers of her film need to do some solid world building in her film, which means a supporting cast and possible love interest of her own. If Justice League premieres first, then Wonder Woman, and a Wonder Woman film needs to be free to develop her without Superman, then I don't think anything meaningful between her and Superman can happen in Dawn of Justice, Justice League, or Wonder Woman.

I also think in terms of writing and planning, movies require a different approach than comics. To develop a relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman in the cinematic universe would require lots of long range planning, collaboration, and coordination among the different writers/directors of the individual films in which their respective characters feature. It's been awhile since I've seen The Avengers, but I don't recall it having a lot of time to develop any new love connections, and when couples were explored it was only pre-established couples like Tony/Pepper and Thor/Jane that got a mention. Then there's the issue of how much is a character's solo franchise diluted if it features guest heroes. Batman vs. Superman is, from my perspective, a way for the studio to do a Batman film without doing a full Batman film -- something they likely didn't want to do given the too recent Nolan franchise. Man of Steel was Superman's alone, and I hope that Wonder Woman gets to establish herself by herself too. By the time a genuine sequel to Man of Steel comes around, I think giving Superman the spotlight will also be desirable. I don't really relish the prospect of DC's cinematic universe never allowing for the heroes to have their own franchises without other major heroes guesting.

I agree with others in this thread who are concerned about a break up would be handled between Superman and Lois. It seems to me that it would be difficult to design a break up that makes sense and that functions well as part of the storytelling (i.e. it doesn't damage the characters or undermine some of the world building already in place).
    i can't believe i'm saying this but where have you been? seriously, the discussions here took a nose dive while you were gone!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    if they feel isolated by their powers, why wouldn't them be even more isolated dating? they would find confort in each other and distance theirselves from common people. Specially that WW wasn't raised between humans.
    They would find comfort and strength in each other, one would hope; and why shouldn't that comfort and strength leave them better equipped to integrate into the rest of the world? Sure, it often happens that romantic relationships become all-absorbing and separate the lovers from other relationships; but it doesn't have to be like that--especially as relationships mature. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry put it like this: "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."

I think that this could be especially true for people who feel lost and alone, as if no one else shares some particular experience or perspective of theirs. Once a person like that finds someone who does share that experience and can fully understand and empathize within an intimate relationship, maybe some of the strain is lifted from their other relationships, or they simply face the larger world with refreshed strength and serenity.

In the DCU, of course, Superman already has a lot of friends who share aspects of his experiences as a super-powered being. In the current film universe, this is less true. I'm sure he'll be meeting other superpowered people in the upcoming movie, but there's no reason to think he'd instantly bond with all of them at the same moment. So I can easily imagine any kind of close relationship between him and someone like Wonder Woman--including a romantic relationship--meeting that emotional need for understanding and empathy from someone who shares his experiences as a super-being. And meeting that emotional need could make him better able to relate to the rest of the world.

The more we analyze it in the abstract, of course, the more strained its going to sound. The test would be to see if someone could make it work in story form. I don't personally think the comics have done a great job at it so far, but we'll see how it goes in the movie[s].
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-22-2014 at 06:39 PM.

<nudges this back on topic...>

Nudge...nudge...
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    <nudges this back on topic...>

Nudge...nudge...
    Well I guess that's the end for this thread.

Anyone wanna talk more about the 47 words in the blurb? LOL
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-22-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor