Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "Come With Me": Speculation & Discussion (Amazing Spider-Man#93 Spoilers)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...n-mj-spoilers/

While the major developments with Ben Reilly are the main talking points of Amazing Spider-Man#93, the scene from the issue that brings everything back around to Peter Parker is the conversation between him and Mary Jane, which is interrupted by a mysterious being who's path to Spider-Man has been paved with blood. They tell Peter he must come with them, as Peter asks who they could be.

Prior to this scene, Mary Jane also tells Peter the time has come for the both of them to start living together again, and asks Peter to move in, to which he accepts. Will this change? And if so, how does it?

If Peter is being faced with the consequences of his future actions, does he indeed decide to still make the choice based on an obligation to responsibility? What if the other choices he's faced with are worse? And are they enough to drive MJ away?

Discuss this scene here.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-30-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Should this not just be discussed in the 93/ or Zeb Wells/Jr jr ASM run thread?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Should this not just be discussed in the 93/ or Zeb Wells/Jr jr ASM run thread?
    No, I wanted it to be a seperate thread so we could fixate solely on the scene, the threads for 93 and Zeb's run has more going on in them to be discussed

Mighty Member

The glowing light and path of blood remark certainly suggest it's not a standard Spidey rogue or ally. Past that, it's certainly a tease for the relaunch, but the solicits for that suggest we won't be getting an answer right away.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

I find it funny that just when Peter and MJ are a live-in couple again, another supernatural being has to disrupt their lives

Astonishing Member

I don’t understand why we needed another thread to discuss this…

Anyway, the only character he reminded me of a little bit was Will ‘O The Wisp. Doesn’t matter, unless I hear GREAT things about Wells’ run I’m probably taking a break from the book.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Anyway, the only character he reminded me of a little bit was Will ‘O The Wisp. Doesn’t matter, unless I hear GREAT things about Wells’ run I’m probably taking a break from the book.
    Tell others to follow suit and make the series a lowly bought stat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I already explained why

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Tell others to follow suit and make the series a lowly bought stat
    The problem is how the audience at large is so used to this, that it's kind of all but granted that not only the relaunch will sell well, it'll also probably be the top sold book for the month because of the whole "#1" allure (have no clue why it works, but well, it does).

Also, running the risk of sounding antagonizing to the thread maker when it's not my intent in the slightest, but my honest unfiltered response is "who cares". We already know we're going to be dealing with some long-running mystery about what did Peter do for the duration of this relaunch's start - do we even need another cypher thrown our way to muddle the waters further? Might as well just have led with that one-page ad of "what did Peter do" more than anything. This "there's always a new mystery around the corner!" kind of things reminds me of the Clone Saga.

Those bad parts no one wants to revisit.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The problem is how the audience at large is so used to this, that it's kind of all but granted that not only the relaunch will sell well, it'll also probably be the top sold book for the month because of the whole "#1" allure (have no clue why it works, but well, it does).

Also, running the risk of sounding antagonizing to the thread maker when it's not my intent in the slightest, but my honest unfiltered response is "who cares". We already know we're going to be dealing with some long-running mystery about what did Peter do for the duration of this relaunch's start - do we even need another cypher thrown our way to muddle the waters further? Might as well just have led with that one-page ad of "what did Peter do" more than anything. This "there's always a new mystery around the corner!" kind of things reminds me of the Clone Saga.

Those bad parts no one wants to revisit.
    Because mystery and them living together is a nice way to start a run and not have him with roommates that are not Johnny Storm and Gog

BANNED

Also, running the risk of sounding antagonizing to the thread maker when it's not my intent in the slightest, but my honest unfiltered response is "who cares"
    Stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Because mystery and them living together is a nice way to start a run and not have him with roommates that are not Johnny Storm and Gog
    We already have a mystery with "What did Peter do", and the MJ thing may be null and void since they say the new run starts with Peter on the outs with everyone. That's why it rubbed me the wrong way, since they're basically doubling down on something while at the same time suggesting one thing rather likely not to happen to begin with when the relaunch starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Stay classy.
    Well, this is that time when we're not sure what text carries through or not, but it was just to say I think they did a poor job (IMO) to try to drive "more" mystery into it when the "What did Peter do" already worked rather well for it. And if it still read like I'm trying to give you a hard time for asking people's opinions on the matter, sorry, really wasn't my intention.

BANNED

We already have a mystery with "What did Peter do", and the MJ thing may be null and void since they say the new run starts with Peter on the outs with everyone. That's why it rubbed me the wrong way, since they're basically doubling down on something while at the same time suggesting one thing rather likely not to happen to begin with when the relaunch starts.
    I see it as a bit of carrot-dangling, as in "this will be your reward if you're patient", Peter and MJ ultimately living together again is now serving the same function as the engagement ring.

it was just to say I think they did a poor job (IMO) to try to drive "more" mystery into it when the "What did Peter do" already worked rather well for it.
    I think it drums up a good amount of interest in that Peter will be aware of his choices and it's consequences, and still makes a decision that may not be as bad, but still impacts everyone he cares about.

And if it still read like I'm trying to give you a hard time for asking people's opinions on the matter, sorry, really wasn't my intention.
    It's OK. It's just sometimes I often find myself in situations where I start a conversation and nobody's interested in what I'm bringing up, so I was letting that get to me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I see it as a bit of carrot-dangling, as in "this will be your reward if you're patient", Peter and MJ ultimately living together again is now serving the same function as the engagement ring.
    Yeah, that's part of what rubs me the wrong way about it big time. To me, Peter's been stuck on "Pause" ever since they wimped out of letting him be a dad, to say nothing of OMD. To see them still carrot-dangling this stuff after all the ring teasing in Spencer amounted to nothing, then dumping yet another mystery on top of it when we know what really sticks is the 1-page teaser? Pretty much just went "we get it, Marvel, now will you guys get to it already?"

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Have narrowed down the mysterious dude with cryptic words to one of two possibilities:

Judas Traveller with a haircut

F.A.C.A.D.E.