Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks. You're response is greatly appreciated.

You're very welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Time just works differently in the Marvel Universe
    Well, it was different before Disney bought them. :/ Many of the worst things from the last decade seem to be due to Disney. :/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, it was different before Disney bought them. :/ Many of the worst things from the last decade seem to be due to Disney. :/
    The last decade, yeah, but let's not lay it all at Disney's feet. "Something rotten in the state of Marvel," to paraphrase Shakespeare, started long before that. I'd go so far as all the grimdark, hyper-edgy trend-chasing Marvel was doing in the 90s to catch up with the popularity of Image and its stable, then playing Ouroboros (the serpent that ate its own tail) in the 2000s with their mainline comics being increasingly influenced by Ultimate Marvel for even more grimdark, hyper-edgy trend-chasing, which spawned everything from Avengers Disassembled, all the way to the nadir of Dark Reign and climax of Siege. To wit, Marvel as a company started relying on cynical gimmicks for short-lived increases in attention and profit well before Disney acquired it. Maybe the new cynical gimmicks of this last decade are somehow that much more noxious than the cynical gimmicks of the 90s and 2000s, but I honestly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The last decade, yeah, but let's not lay it all at Disney's feet. "Something rotten in the state of Marvel," to paraphrase Shakespeare, started long before that. I'd go so far as all the grimdark, hyper-edgy trend-chasing Marvel was doing in the 90s to catch up with the popularity of Image and its stable, then playing Ouroboros (the serpent that ate its own tail) in the 2000s with their mainline comics being increasingly influenced by Ultimate Marvel for even more grimdark, hyper-edgy trend-chasing, which spawned everything from Avengers Disassembled, all the way to the nadir of Dark Reign and climax of Siege. To wit, Marvel as a company started relying on cynical gimmicks for short-lived increases in attention and profit well before Disney acquired it. Maybe the new cynical gimmicks of this last decade are somehow that much more noxious than the cynical gimmicks of the 90s and 2000s, but I honestly doubt it.
    Well, I meant in terms of continuity being frozen and not moving forwards. Sure, it was inconsistent before, but... did something.

I’m pretty sure the thread title should say “Statuses Quo” instead of “Status Quos”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, I meant in terms of continuity being frozen and not moving forwards. Sure, it was inconsistent before, but... did something.
    That something was the crossing, the clone saga and onslaught...also heroes reborn because no body will ever forget Rob liefeld Avengers and cap America...nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-man is more interesting when things in his life are a mess than he is when everything is going his way.
    The first issue of the new run is really coming to challenge this perspective.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    That something was the crossing, the clone saga and onslaught...also heroes reborn because no body will ever forget Rob liefeld Avengers and cap America...nobody.
    Yeah, that’s the thing that’s jarring to me. In over 60 years, the number of good stories can seemingly be counted on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, that’s the thing that’s jarring to me. In over 60 years, the number of good stories can seemingly be counted on one hand.
    interesting idea... for any given character (they have to HAVE stories though) how many good and how many bad stories have they had in the last 5 years, or 10 or 20?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’m pretty sure the thread title should say “Statuses Quo” instead of “Status Quos”
    English teacher here. "Status Quos" is correct.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    New Krakoa is a status quo that needs to go.
    At the very least they need to stop having every mutant all bunched up in one place. That has been the thing for almost 2 decades now and it sucks. Not every mutant should just fall in line and join the big happy family. Just like in any group there should be a lot that don't agree with the people in charge and leave the group. I know the in book reason is they are safer together, but the real reason is the x-editors are like greedy nerd kids playing pokemon and want to have all the mutants under their control. It is why every mutant character slowly has been sucked into the x-books. The problem is once they had them all they had no idea what to do with them so they become wallpaper just appearing in the background. The X-books were so much better when everyone was spread out doing their own things and mutants could show up in other books with the x-editors throwing a fit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think Charles Soule's run had Matt working for the New York DA's office after getting his double identity made secret again, thanks to the Purple Children trying to do what they thought was a solid for the guy who'd saved them from their beyond-@$$hole father. Then Matt ended up as Wilson Fisk's deputy mayor or something similar after Fisk won the mayoralty --- and even temporarily acted as the mayor himself when Fisk was briefly indisposed. Fun times.
    True. And somewhat off for me, given that Murdock has had his law license suspended I believe twice. No DA office would ever allow someone on staff with a disciplinary record like that.

All-New Member

Actually Mayday does have a mutation. She can repel objects.

https://i.imgur.com/LDV7wo6.jpg

I just wish this Judgment day event knocks some common sense into the x-gene mutants that they really aren't any different that other genetically super powered humans. It's very off putting to think that they wouldn't count a girl that got hunted down by Sentinels in the womb among them just because she's not the "right" kind of mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    True. And somewhat off for me, given that Murdock has had his law license suspended I believe twice. No DA office would ever allow someone on staff with a disciplinary record like that.
    Hmm, yeah . . .

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. There are some small towns and municipalities in America where a person like that could probably still get a job. Especially in places where nepotism and/or politics trump professional history, record and experience, or lack thereof. It's really just a question of what capacity and are they some place where people don't ask and others in the know run cover, if asked.