Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    At the very least they need to stop having every mutant all bunched up in one place. That has been the thing for almost 2 decades now and it sucks. Not every mutant should just fall in line and join the big happy family. Just like in any group there should be a lot that don't agree with the people in charge and leave the group. I know the in book reason is they are safer together, but the real reason is the x-editors are like greedy nerd kids playing pokemon and want to have all the mutants under their control. It is why every mutant character slowly has been sucked into the x-books. The problem is once they had them all they had no idea what to do with them so they become wallpaper just appearing in the background. The X-books were so much better when everyone was spread out doing their own things and mutants could show up in other books with the x-editors throwing a fit.
    Ugh what are you talking about HoX/PoX are of 2019, before that was an ENDLESS boring repetitive cicle of Extinction genocide events that oddly target only the easy expendable characters and never one of the marketable ones. Oh and X-man odd sellers distopia in a magic land....let us n ot forget nate grey attempt to psychically castrate all mutants and erase the concept of natural conception. Also inuumans worshipping a mutant murdering fart cloud was hilarious I hindsight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    At the very least they need to stop having every mutant all bunched up in one place. That has been the thing for almost 2 decades now and it sucks. Not every mutant should just fall in line and join the big happy family. Just like in any group there should be a lot that don't agree with the people in charge and leave the group. I know the in book reason is they are safer together, but the real reason is the x-editors are like greedy nerd kids playing pokemon and want to have all the mutants under their control. It is why every mutant character slowly has been sucked into the x-books. The problem is once they had them all they had no idea what to do with them so they become wallpaper just appearing in the background. The X-books were so much better when everyone was spread out doing their own things and mutants could show up in other books with the x-editors throwing a fit.
    Books outside the X-office need to start doing stuff with the mutants they own. Vance Astrovik has never been an X-Office character....so use him in Avengers or FF for something and show a mutant who is against Krakoa. There is also another mutant I keep harping on...Bethany Bellamy. She was created and had one appearance in a previous She-Hulk comic. Bring her back. Make a story of a mutant killing someone in self defense and tell the story of the trial and show that a mutant can get a fair trial. A mutant who wants nothing to do with Krakoa so their laws (Kill no man) does not apply to her.

I am sure if they dig deep they will find a lot of mutants who were not created in X-books are are fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleredhat View Post
    Actually Mayday does have a mutation. She can repel objects.

https://i.imgur.com/LDV7wo6.jpg

I just wish this Judgment day event knocks some common sense into the x-gene mutants that they really aren't any different that other genetically super powered humans. It's very off putting to think that they wouldn't count a girl that got hunted down by Sentinels in the womb among them just because she's not the "right" kind of mutant.
    Hmm "mutant" with a small m then. 'Cause Spider-Girl doesn't have an X-Gene. Yes, very .... comic book logic. Which is weird because... how the X-Men choose their membership has varied by era. It used to be it wasn't a "Mutants only" club. Karima Shapandar used to be in the Xmen despite being a Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm "mutant" with a small m then. 'Cause Spider-Girl doesn't have an X-Gene. Yes, very .... comic book logic. Which is weird because... how the X-Men choose their membership has varied by era. It used to be it wasn't a "Mutants only" club. Karima Shapandar used to be in the Xmen despite being a Sentinel.
    The X-men used to vary a bit more about the members because they viewed the others as outsides much like they were and considered themselves to all still be human. Now the X-men are a racist cult that's only focused on their own kind.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The X-men used to vary a bit more about the members because they viewed the others as outsides much like they were and considered themselves to all still be human.
    Precisely. I personally subscribe to the view that mutants arise within the human race and are not a distinct race per se apart from humanity. X-gene mutants are mutants of the human race much like Cadre K are mutants of the Skrull race.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Precisely. I personally subscribe to the view that mutants arise within the human race and are not a distinct race per se apart from humanity. X-gene mutants are mutants of the human race much like Cadre K are mutants of the Skrull race.
    Yeah, X-Men stories have gotten WIERD lately. The current stories have actually tried to make the X-Gene into something magical. Biggest offender was the infamous "no more Mutants" event. the editors seemingly felt Mutants weren't rare enough or special enough... and now they've not only undone that, but doubled down somehow on Mutants being "special" despite being more numerous than ever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is where I am on it...human mutants with the x-gene are part of the human race. No different in 616 and the genetic diversity in the real world in human beings.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Interesting points there, though from my recollection, the separation between humans and mutants into distinct "races" or "subspecies" was for the most part, the end result of humans that refused to accept mutants as their kindred, as per all the horror stories of young mutants being disowned and/or pawned off onto the X-Men by their parents. Granted, the hatred was never all that one-sided, in light of more militant or embittered mutants who declared themselves "homo superior" as a form of psychological compensation for having been rejected by the rest of the world. However, the difference I would argue was that just one or a few mutants committing crimes or terroristic acts became a matter of collective guilt on the part of all mutants in the eyes of humankind at large, justifying increasingly genocidal intolerance and hostility to mutants' existence over the years, culminating in what amounted to state-sponsored medical genocide --- a vaccine designed to negate the X-gene in children before it ever manifested --- right before HOX/POX started. In a nutshell, humans and mutants are now and have been caught, if not trapped, in a vicious cycle of hate, and it no longer matters who "started it," so to speak, when mutants have near-totally cut themselves off from humanity for self-protection and certain human organizations have decided to pursue the complete annihilation of mutants out of self-preservation, even if it costs their own humanity in the process. It's really quite saddening, in that respect.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Interesting points there, though from my recollection, the separation between humans and mutants into distinct "races" or "subspecies" was for the most part, the end result of humans that refused to accept mutants as their kindred, as per all the horror stories of young mutants being disowned and/or pawned off onto the X-Men by their parents. Granted, the hatred was never all that one-sided, in light of more militant or embittered mutants who declared themselves "homo superior" as a form of psychological compensation for having been rejected by the rest of the world. However, the difference I would argue was that just one or a few mutants committing crimes or terroristic acts became a matter of collective guilt on the part of all mutants in the eyes of humankind at large, justifying increasingly genocidal intolerance and hostility to mutants' existence over the years, culminating in what amounted to state-sponsored medical genocide --- a vaccine designed to negate the X-gene in children before it ever manifested --- right before HOX/POX started. In a nutshell, humans and mutants are now and have been caught, if not trapped, in a vicious cycle of hate, and it no longer matters who "started it," so to speak, when mutants have near-totally cut themselves off from humanity for self-protection and certain human organizations have decided to pursue the complete annihilation of mutants out of self-preservation, even if it costs their own humanity in the process. It's really quite saddening, in that respect.
    Well, trying to figure out who "started it" is pointless, and futile. At this point there's several "sources" and trying to choose one is not even possible, especially since it's not even the same logic in use! One of the guys who made the Sentinels didn't even hate "Mutants" specifically, it was super-humans in general, and he didn't even plan to KILL them.

Well, trying to figure out who "started it" is pointless, and futile. At this point there's several "sources" and trying to choose one is not even possible, especially since it's not even the same logic in use! One of the guys who made the Sentinels didn't even hate "Mutants" specifically, it was super-humans in general, and he didn't even plan to KILL them.
    Pretty much. He was just going to apprehend them for the lawful authorities or something, and it was those who later coopted the Sentinel program who decided to "set lasers to kill," so to speak.

Come to think of it, though, if we take the Weapon Plus retcon, whether by Grant Morrison or more recently in that Captain America/Wolverine one-shot a few years back, then pretty much all the major super-soldier projects that have since led to the creation of various superheroes (and supervillains) in the MU, starting with Captain America and Project Rebirth, were ultimately intended to be fielded as anti-mutant superhuman weapons, indicating that humans wanting to control, curtail, or flat-out eliminate the "mutant menace" was an issue even before mutants entered the public consciousness in-universe. Of course, with all the fear generated in the masses by the likes of Magneto, using that to tarnish mutants as a whole gave those forces agitating for the control, if not wholesale elimination, of mutants all the justification and rationale, to say nothing of the public support, that they needed. And with that, the vicious cycle of hate spun and kept spinning.

Come to think of it, though, if we take the Weapon Plus retcon,
    Frankly, I prefer to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    English teacher here. "Status Quos" is correct.
    Damn. But thanks for the correction.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Pretty much. He was just going to apprehend them for the lawful authorities or something, and it was those who later coopted the Sentinel program who decided to "set lasers to kill," so to speak.

Come to think of it, though, if we take the Weapon Plus retcon, whether by Grant Morrison or more recently in that Captain America/Wolverine one-shot a few years back, then pretty much all the major super-soldier projects that have since led to the creation of various superheroes (and supervillains) in the MU, starting with Captain America and Project Rebirth, were ultimately intended to be fielded as anti-mutant superhuman weapons, indicating that humans wanting to control, curtail, or flat-out eliminate the "mutant menace" was an issue even before mutants entered the public consciousness in-universe. Of course, with all the fear generated in the masses by the likes of Magneto, using that to tarnish mutants as a whole gave those forces agitating for the control, if not wholesale elimination, of mutants all the justification and rationale, to say nothing of the public support, that they needed. And with that, the vicious cycle of hate spun and kept spinning.
    When you jump into THAT rabbit-hole your perception of events is being changed by multiple temporal paradoxes. Which makes it a question of which time spoke was first, and the concept of causality has already been twisted into a pretzel. How did it even come up as a threat?

When you jump into THAT rabbit-hole your perception of events is being changed by multiple temporal paradoxes. Which makes it a question of which time spoke was first, and the concept of causality has already been twisted into a pretzel. How did it even come up as a threat?
    A very good point as well.

A very good point as well.
    It's one thing that bugs me, multiple temporal paradoxes, and... they don't erase each other?