Incredible Member

Default Daredevil Question

I haven’t read a Marvel comic in years but I still read article about various characters. I just read an article stating Matt now has a twin brother named Mike??????

I remember Mike being an identity Matt created years ago. So when did Mike become ‘real’??

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I haven’t read a Marvel comic in years but I still read article about various characters. I just read an article stating Matt now has a twin brother named Mike??????

I remember Mike being an identity Matt created years ago. So when did Mike become ‘real’??
    He became a seperate character in the Charles Soule run. But he used the norn stones to become a real person in the DD annual for the Zdarsky run.

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-twi...rdock-back-23/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-31-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

This sounds silly. Was it well received by fans?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It wasn't. Don't worry, Fisk, mistikanely thinking he was Matt, killed him in Devil's Reign #5.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Not really.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not really.
    This harkens back to the original sixties DD book. Matt invented his fictional brother Mike to distract the public (and Karen Page) from finding out he was Daredevil. He eventually has Mike "killed" when things get too complicated for him trying to keep three identities going. I think he finally confesses to Karen Page that he is DD, and that Mike wasn't real. I haven't read a Daredevil comic since the excellent Mark Waid run, but apparently Mike Murdock is real now. It was silly in the sixties, and it's silly now imo.

It should be mentioned that despite this silliness and a couple other plot hiccups, Zdarsky's run overall is very good in my opinion, though not the most original. My impression is most other readers agree.

Waid's is still my favorite, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This harkens back to the original sixties DD book. Matt invented his fictional brother Mike to distract the public (and Karen Page) from finding out he was Daredevil. He eventually has Mike "killed" when things get too complicated for him trying to keep three identities going. I think he finally confesses to Karen Page that he is DD, and that Mike wasn't real. I haven't read a Daredevil comic since the excellent Mark Waid run, but apparently Mike Murdock is real now. It was silly in the sixties, and it's silly now imo.
    Indeed. It certainly proves how endlessly talented Matt truly is (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Waid's is still my favorite, though.
    I concur. Many memorable moments to be had.