Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    10 years ago - Inhumans writers "We are gonna eat the X-Men's cake with this terrigen cloud / nuhuman stuff!"

Now - X-Men writers "Hold my beer..."
    What's really funny is how much the X-men have become like the Inhumans now...They've separated themselves from the rest of the world, Krakoa is basically the same idea as Attilan/New Attilan..they're on the moon..they're "reborn" in pods..new cosmic origins?..

They basically took all the Inhuman stuff and mixed it with X-men and what did we get?..not quite Inhumans but not quite X-men either

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And what a way to celebrate. Seeing them all having abandoned their mission and hanging with murderous villains on a weird cultish ethnostate where every character is off model.
    Makes me sad man

BANNED

Pretty sure the Pandemic forced many plans to change.
    For me, Hickman's HoX, PoX were a pretty difficult read. I still haven't figured out how this recarnation power of Moira's actually work.
    Do we have ten timelines with a single Moira or ten Moiras in a single timeline?
    Did Moira made a time travel of sorts in order to re arrange her meeting with Xavier and persuade him (so to speak) to make this alliance with them and Magneto and make Krakoa a seperate mutant nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Pretty sure the Pandemic forced many plans to change.
    For me, Hickman's HoX, PoX were a pretty difficult read. I still haven't figured out how this recarnation power of Moira's actually work.
    Do we have ten timelines with a single Moira or ten Moiras in a single timeline?
    Did Moira made a time travel of sorts in order to re arrange her meeting with Xavier and persuade him (so to speak) to make this alliance with them and Magneto and make Krakoa a seperate mutant nation?
    In HoX/PoX, there's one Moira, traveling through different timelines. When she dies, she rewinds back to the womb and starts her life over again. She uses the info she learned from her previous lives to change events and try to get a different outcome. If you ever watched Madoka Magica, she's basically pulling a Homura Akemi.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I still believe in the sliding time-line. If anything, Hickman only reinforced it with canonization in Powers of X. It's only been around 10 years since the team initially formed, so Cyke could actually be 27(with an extra decade mentally from raising Nate in the future). So 6:1, publishing years to character years.
    I talked about this with Kurt Busiek once, and he said Hickman might've been being poetic about saying it's be 10 years, just to use the "X".

Of course, it's just Busiek's guess, and he's not involved in X-Men so he could be wrong, but I can see the logic behind it:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think Hickman picked 10 years because he liked to play with X being the Roman numeral for 10.

But Marvel in general has been saying "around 14 years," since Franklin is in his early teens, and 14 years keeps Peter Parker on the young side of 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Think of it as poetry, not reportage.

kdb
    I still think it'd be better to not be "poetic" and give more accurate numbers, if that was Hickman's intention that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    In HoX/PoX, there's one Moira, traveling through different timelines. When she dies, she rewinds back to the womb and starts her life over again. She uses the info she learned from her previous lives to change events and try to get a different outcome. If you ever watched Madoka Magica, she's basically pulling a Homura Akemi.
    Yeah, it's basically just a mental time travel, and you have to ignore how time travel works at Marvel in general to avoid headaches (Well, more headaches, time travel stories are a mess).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    What's really funny is how much the X-men have become like the Inhumans now...They've separated themselves from the rest of the world, Krakoa is basically the same idea as Attilan/New Attilan..they're on the moon..they're "reborn" in pods..new cosmic origins?..

They basically took all the Inhuman stuff and mixed it with X-men and what did we get?..not quite Inhumans but not quite X-men either
    Yeah. And it goes to show that a random inhuman being treated like a mutant makes sense because the result of what they are is the same. It's like a What If Mutants Founded Attilan? story adapted for the 616.

Hickman created the new inhumans concept, so it's not strange for him to have brought over inhumans stuff to X-Men. It's like the fact that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee created mutants and inhumans. Of course they're gonna be similar. The same people made them two years a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah. And it goes to show that a random inhuman being treated like a mutant makes sense because the result of what they are is the same. It's like a What If Mutants Founded Attilan? story adapted for the 616.

Hickman created the new inhumans concept, so it's not strange for him to have brought over inhumans stuff to X-Men. It's like the fact that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee created mutants and inhumans. Of course they're gonna be similar. The same people made them two years a part.
    The problem with writing a "What If the X-men were like the Inhumans" story is that they cease being the X-men..

It's almost understandable when you're throwing out ideas and starting things from scratch..but it just shows a real lack of creativity when after almost 60 years of history that made these properties distinct, the only thing you come up with is "let's make the X-men more like the Inhumans"

Really what it comes down to is this..he didn't have an X-men story..he had a story (which was a lot like another story) and put the X-men in it..and for his part especially, pretty much in likeness only

I mean, if you want the X-men to be the Inhumans then this is the era for you..I just think it's hilarious because it wasn't too long ago that these forums were filled with "X fans" hating everything about the Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Really what it comes down to is this..he didn't have an X-men story..he had a story (which was a lot like another story) and put the X-men in it..and for his part especially, pretty much in likeness only

I mean, if you want the X-men to be the Inhumans then this is the era for you..I just think it's hilarious because it wasn't too long ago that these forums were filled with "X fans" hating everything about the Inhumans
    What I find particularly lazy is that there wasn’t a transitional series between Rosenberg and Hickman. It was: “And, one day, Krakoa…” and no mention to what happened previously…

The fact that there was a change of author is already a big change and they didn’t even try to make a connection.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What I find particularly lazy is that there wasn’t a transitional series between Rosenberg and Hickman. It was: “And, one day, Krakoa…” and no mention to what happened previously…

The fact that there was a change of author is already a big change and they didn’t even try to make a connection.
    Rosenberg's run was supposed to be the transition between the old status quo and the new. Hickman wrote his story well before MR's run started. The problem is that editorial decided they wanted a series that would be a big middle finger to anyone that took Cyclops' side in Schism and AvX instead, as well as to anyone that liked non-villainous Emma.

Spectacular Member

i just can't care about this new era now that hickman is gone

the other writers frankly don't hold a candle to him. his peaks are just that much higher

Mighty Member

I'm okay with the new writers, Ewing has been pulling hit after hit for a few years now and I really enjoyed his Sword. I just hope X-Men Red just doesn't follow the same problems as Sword and his Mighty Avengers run and let it become an event book.
    Gilleon has been doing a good job with Eternals, which honestly felt like a distant cousin to the current X-Men era.

Those are the two writers I'm expecting the most from anyway. Both have done stuff which I really like.
    The other writers have also done some great stuff so I have faith that this new part of the era will turn out well. We're nearly 3 years into this Krakoa era, I don't mind things changing a bit.

I'm fairly certain Hickman is okay with this era continuing, he seems pretty cool with it. Maybe we'll find out in an interview years down the line that he felt unhappy during this period, but considering a lot of X Writers are going over to his Substack stuff gives me reason to believe that there's no bad blood between them.

Looking forward to this era anyway, and looking forward to seeing how Judgment Day pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

I think they are very different at least on the inception. X-men was just a easy way to not explain origins: it was atomic age causing mutations.

I think x-men got more similar as time progressed: visual body mutations, X-gene was seeded by Celestials and now Krakoa that is a Attilan 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    i just can't care about this new era now that hickman is gone

the other writers frankly don't hold a candle to him. his peaks are just that much higher
    I don't think Hickman ever reached the highs of HOXPOX. I think immortal X-men the best X-book since HOXPOX
    Last edited by Writerblog; 04-05-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Still terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I think they are very different at least on the inception. X-men was just a easy way to not explain origins: it was atomic age causing mutations.

I think x-men got more similar as time progressed: visual body mutations, X-gene was seeded by Celestials and now Krakoa that is a Attilan 2.0
    I think there’s more and more confusion about X-men and mutants… X-men were a bunch of heroes who happened to have super-powers from birth. Mutants were people who are different from humans and feared for that.

I liked X-men stories: they were great by the feeling of closeness they created with the reader. I don’t like mutant stories: it’s talking about problems we don’t have… while ignoring all the problems we have.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I talked about this with Kurt Busiek once, and he said Hickman might've been being poetic about saying it's be 10 years, just to use the "X".

Of course, it's just Busiek's guess, and he's not involved in X-Men so he could be wrong, but I can see the logic behind it:
    With Powers Of X he wasn't talking about 1 year, 10 years, 100 years, etc, but rather orders of magnitude. So ten years there means "something in decades" - X^2 could be 10, could be 70. There's an interview somewhere where he explained this, but I have no chance of remembering where.