Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm can't even describe how bored I am of this man. 27 issues! What have we actually learned?
    Well he sells so thats all that matters. It is a business first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Where? everywhere I have seen the reviews are overwhelmingly negative, on Reddit, on Youtube, on Bleedingcool, on Twitter, here...
    I’m talking about comic book sites (AIPT, Comic-Watch, Major Spoilers, Comic Dispatch, etc.) that review books. Not Reddit, Twitter and certainly not these forums. Here’s a rundown of reviews from various comic sites of X Deaths #1…

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...erine-(2022)/1

Every issue of both series had very solid reviews.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm can't even describe how bored I am of this man. 27 issues! What have we actually learned?
    I’d suggest not reading his work then. If I’m ever reading somebody’s work that I don’t enjoy 27 issues in...

… I mean, it’s easy to not be bored by him. Don’t buy his books. Not sure how anyone could be bored by something they aren’t reading. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-01-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

whatever, removing this so I don't have to worry about people not understanding what I am saying about reviews lol
    Last edited by cranger; 04-01-2022 at 08:13 PM.

It’s a 77% and it’s green. And look below that. Lots of 10s. The reviews were far more positive than negative. For each issue. Peruse the website and check out each issues scores. It did well. I know folks don’t like it, but it did. Sorry.

You can certainly shoot down the validity of one person’s review over another. But the fact is it sold well, and a good number of people liked it. Not sure why that’s so hard for some folks to swallow, but I really don’t care. I’m bored talking about it so moving on…

The art looks great and hopefully the story is as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

That Logan likes beer and surfing?...and plant stuff? and that Jean's outfit was indeed really, really ugly.

Smart bad, claws good.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

We'll see about this. X-Force started out SO strong, then got pretty mediocre, but I liked Percy's recent Wolverine minis so I'm carefully optimistic about this. I will miss Cassara's art terribly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    We'll see about this. X-Force started out SO strong, then got pretty mediocre, but I liked Percy's recent Wolverine minis so I'm carefully optimistic about this. I will miss Cassara's art terribly though.
    Cassara leaves the series? Nooooo! I missed this.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Cassara leaves the series? Nooooo! I missed this.
    Nothing has been announced but I really doubt he's coming back to X-Force. Plus thanks to his work on the recent Wolverine minis I think he's been definitely upgraded above satellite X-books so, if anything, I expect him to join Duggan on X-Men or stick to one-shots/minis going forward à la Dautermann.

I bet Cassara comes back. Think he’s just taking a break after X Lives of Wolverine. But we’ll see.

Most artists these days cannot do monthly, so need a fill-in or rotating artist. Makes me wonder who that will be on some of the other books like Immortal X-men and X-men Red. Come to think of it, Cassara might be a good rotating artist on Red since his style kind of meshes with Caselli’s. At least IMO. But I’m still betting he comes back to X-Force for the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I vote for Thunderbird to join the field team with Logan and Domino, but that would leave them without a telepath. Which is a vulnerability. Maybe Quire could get injured and support them remotely via a Cerebro unit as part of the intel branch, working with Sage and Black Tom and replacing Beast who is untrustworthy AF? Just a thought.
    The best part of this plan, is that it frees up a spot for another telekinetic to join the team. Hellion time, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah somebody got something against ben percy. "the now classic X lives of" i don't know what it is but i kind of feel like he got april fooled or "brought down a peg".
    Classic? This was out like yesterday too early to say that

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't think anything about the sales or reviews of the book had anything to do with an editors note that was likely written before the 1st issue of Lives shipped and just comes off as the normal self pat on the back, and given how rare they make these editor notes is probably more of a marketing thing for anyone who skipped the title to go and pick it up anyway since referencing it probably means it is important.
    Maybe it was meant to be funny, but on paper it can sound pretentious

I think Cassara might be alternating with Kubert on main Wolverine book. I remember somewhere saing he was going back on X-force...
    Last edited by Writerblog; 04-02-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The best part of this plan, is that it frees up a spot for another telekinetic to join the team. Hellion time, baby.
    Hellion joins 'just for this one mission' he says. Six months later, he's still on the team and Logan's like, 'what's up with that?' Hellion fesses up, 'I wanted to get killed and go through the ress protocols for some new hands. I figured if Quire dies on every mission, it should be a snap, right? Volunteer for one mission, get my new hands and I'm outta here... But I keep on surviving the darn missions! What the hell was wrong that guy?'