Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview - X-Force #27

Here it is!

Digging the art. So looks like Cerebrax might be some unintended consequence of X Lives of Wolverine, which would be cool. I may be in the minority on these boards, but I really enjoyed that story. So even though the “evil Cerebro” thing has been done, a lot of the stories we’re currently reading in the X-books have been done in some form or fashion. It’s all about the execution, and XLoW/XDoW made me more optimistic in Percy’s ability to execute going forward. Fingers crossed this is good…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Digging the art. So looks like Cerebrax might be some unintended consequence of X Lives of Wolverine, which would be cool. I may be in the minority on these boards, but I really enjoyed that story. So even though the “evil Cerebro” thing has been done, a lot of the stories we’re currently reading in the X-books have been done in some form or fashion. It’s all about the execution, and XLoW/XDoW made me more optimistic in Percy’s ability to execute going forward. Fingers crossed this is good…
    I'm on the same side as you. It is a bummer that the event was used as some time to prepare Destiny of X, but the story itself was very good.

I'm expecting X-Force to give more space to the other characters and to have an exciting story and action. If Percy delivers on that, I think he can bring back people he lost along the way.

Yeah, I’m also hoping for a bit of a cast shakeup honestly. Quire kind of bores me, and I don’t find he and Logan’s dynamic all that interesting. Domino is fun, but Percy needs to do more with her. And Sage. I love Forge and Logan’s interactions in this book, and Black Tom is interesting in a quirky kind of way. Tired of Beast and ready for him to get dealt with. So I guess I like most of the cast, just think it needs one or two new players to shake things up.

Personally I vote for Thunderbird to join the field team with Logan and Domino, but that would leave them without a telepath. Which is a vulnerability. Maybe Quire could get injured and support them remotely via a Cerebro unit as part of the intel branch, working with Sage and Black Tom and replacing Beast who is untrustworthy AF? Just a thought.

Yeah, I’m also hoping for a bit of a cast shakeup honestly. Quire kind of bores me, and I don’t find he and Logan’s dynamic all that interesting. Domino is fun, but Percy needs to do more with her. And Sage. I love Forge and Logan’s interactions in this book, and Black Tom is interesting in a quirky kind of way. Tired of Beast and ready for him to get dealt with. So I guess I like most of the cast, just think it needs one or two new players to shake things up.

Personally I vote for Thunderbird to join the field team with Logan and Domino, but that would leave them without a telepath. Which is a vulnerability. Maybe Quire could get injured and support them remotely via a Cerebro unit as part of the intel branch, working with Sage and Black Tom and replacing Beast who is untrustworthy AF? Just a thought.
    That's actually an amazing solution. No more of the QQ dies on the mission gags, he still gets to flex his TP muscles, and Hank is OUTTA HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's actually an amazing solution. No more of the QQ dies on the mission gags, he still gets to flex his TP muscles, and Hank is OUTTA HERE.
    What can I say? I’m a problem solver by nature (and profession).

Soooo Logan's been roleplaying with Xavier's helmet!?!? Jeez Jean Grey is Freeeeaky
    GrindrStone(D)

Can’t believe they’re making Percy just keep going with his regular series and an X-Factor special immediately after churning out X Fillers Of Wolverine. Man mustn’t need sleep or something.

Yeah somebody got something against ben percy. "the now classic X lives of" i don't know what it is but i kind of feel like he got april fooled or "brought down a peg".
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I actually think they’re serious with that. The reviews I saw online were overwhelmingly positive and sales were apparently strong. So I believe Marvel does view it as a hit, hence the “now classic” remark. That was my read on it anyway.

I actually think they’re serious with that. The reviews I saw online were overwhelmingly positive and sales were apparently strong. So I believe Marvel does view it as a hit, hence the “now classic” remark. That was my read on it anyway.
    Well that's cool. even if i don't like a story i don't want to beat someone down so much they don't get work. everyone has a bad arc or two, it was on marvel for marketing it like they did. I'm still out on x-force but the art looks good. the only way i could pick this up with Percy is if he shook up the whole team.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

I don't think anything about the sales or reviews of the book had anything to do with an editors note that was likely written before the 1st issue of Lives shipped and just comes off as the normal self pat on the back, and given how rare they make these editor notes is probably more of a marketing thing for anyone who skipped the title to go and pick it up anyway since referencing it probably means it is important.

Sales kind of had to be strong, there weren't any other X-books, so comic shops more or less had to buy those in bulk.

Incredible Member

Where? everywhere I have seen the reviews are overwhelmingly negative, on Reddit, on Youtube, on Bleedingcool, on Twitter, here...
    Last edited by Milici; 04-01-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm can't even describe how bored I am of this man. 27 issues! What have we actually learned?