Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m talking about comic book sites (AIPT, Comic-Watch, Major Spoilers, Comic Dispatch, etc.) that review books. Not Reddit, Twitter and certainly not these forums. Here’s a rundown of reviews from various comic sites of X Deaths #1…

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...erine-(2022)/1

Every issue of both series had very solid reviews.
    Pretty sure I have seen people praising a lot in twitter with xspoilers. Honestly these website just hates the character and thats all there is to it. I have stopped arguing about these things here because it has become ineffectual to say anything so just leave them be as they are.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-04-2022 at 03:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d suggest not reading his work then. If I’m ever reading somebody’s work that I don’t enjoy 27 issues in...

… I mean, it’s easy to not be bored by him. Don’t buy his books. Not sure how anyone could be bored by something they aren’t reading. *shrugs*
    Well that's kind of ironic coming from the person who spent every opportunity and every thread to complain about Kid Cable but alright I guess.

Anyways I enjoyed X-Force but if you think my enjoyment is going to stop me from voicing my opinion on things I personally have a problem with than I dont know what to tell you. I actually like Percy's writing when he's good he's good and I personally love what's he's done with Quire which is more than most writers have done with the character since Morrison. That being said those good moments are few and far in between. And no I don't give a wit about sales and reviews thats irrelevant because at the end of the day I'm not trying to convince anyone not to read this book. This book could have easily been one of the best things about the Krakoa era the first few issues of this book are unanimously praised. And then somewhere along the line it just got away from Percy. And I don't fully blame him because his run had its own set of outside factors screwing with the flow of the book. That being said it doesn't change the fact that we are 27 issues in still dealing with the same plot threads introduced in the first few issues of this run and instead of hunkering down and wrapping it up what does he do? Introduce more new elements into an already overcrowded story. We get 1-2 issues of Percy focusing on the main plot and then what 4-5 issues of filler involving plant people/zombies, Beast being unethical, and Wolverine stabbing something with his claws and then rinse&repeat.

This books has gone thru 2 whole Krakoa iterations with Dawn of X, Reign of X, and now Destiny of X and the book is STILL spinning its wheels and dragging its feet. I was hoping after the lackluster Wolverine event Percy might have gotten some wind back into his sails for X-Force and came into to the preview thread optimistic but no such luck so chances are I won't be reading Xforce going forward I might pop my head into a review thread every once in awhile to see how the story is going but that's about it.

Anyway I'm tipsy and it's almost 6am over here I'm tired. Ya'll have fun I'm glad people are still enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well that's kind of ironic coming from the person who spent every opportunity and every thread to complain about Kid Cable but alright I guess.
    I didn’t read about Kid Cable when he was around. Avoided spending money on him like the plague. I dropped his book and did not pick up any books he appeared in if I could help it (unfortunately had to buy a few during X of Swords since it was a crossover event). So I definitely put my money where my mouth was during that period and did not contribute financially to something I was not enjoying. Also, that’s a pretty “apples to oranges” comparison anyway, considering I didn’t like the concept and what was done to a favorite character of mine (who was taken off the board entirely and replaced with teeny-bopper version), as opposed to just taking every opportunity to bash a writer that I don’t like while apparently still buying his work (after all, one can hardly be “bored” by something one is not reading, right?).

Look, I wasn’t trying to be rude or snarky, rather all I was saying was stop spending money on things you don’t like. I did, and look how it turned out… Sales on Kid Cable’s book got shitty enough to send him back to the future and bring the OG back. So my strategy worked. You should do the same, which was all I was suggesting. If enough people like yourself stop buying work you find boring, Percy will likely get removed from the book.

Anyways I enjoyed X-Force but if you think my enjoyment is going to stop me from voicing my opinion on things I personally have a problem with than I dont know what to tell you.
    My bad. From your posts going off about how boring it is, it did not seem like you are enjoying it. At all. Maybe I misunderstood what you’re trying to say then. Regardless, the point I was making was to simply suggest not supporting stuff you don’t like with your hard-earned cash.

Sorry you took it personally and got upset buy it. My post was not meant as an “in your face” jab telling you to stop whining or anything like that, rather it was pointing out the lack of logic inherent in buying something you find boring and expecting something different. That’s all. Obviously you’re allowed to complain all you like on here, and far be it from me to try to tell anyone not to voice their opinion.

You’re also allowed to spend your money as you like too, so it was just a suggestion. If you want to continue supporting writers or concepts you dislike, carry on, buddy. That is totally your right.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-04-2022 at 06:19 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Where? everywhere I have seen the reviews are overwhelmingly negative, on Reddit, on Youtube, on Bleedingcool, on Twitter, here...
    Lives was more well received than Deaths even on Bleeding Cool. The only YouTuber who I've seen disliking it is Thinking Critical. If you thought I was a hater, he's Omega-level.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Pretty sure I have seen people praising a lot in twitter with xspoilers. Honestly these website just hates the character and thats all there is to it. I have stopped arguing about these things here because it has become ineffectual to say anything so just leave them be as they are.
    Oh please, nobody hates Logan. When he was a lead in HOX, everyone loved him and he had iconic moments (such as that scene w Kurt). The difference is that lots of other characters had big moments too! This recent event was all about Logan being the only to shine and after HIckman had featured so many minority characters. It’s pathetic to be going back to only straight white characters can solve anything while women are prizes or useless or both (Jean). And actual minority characters don’t get any respect again.

Wolverine is loved. A comic with him doing nothing, would sell better than most. Not sure why Wolverine super fans act like Logan is a character that is rarely used when he’s the most used character in the franchise. Wolverine is essential to the franchise.

For example, I’m a mega Emma fan but I don’t get offended when Emma haters say she’s used too much. She is when compared to all the other female characters.

Haven’t seen anyone act like he’s rarely used, not his fans or detractors honestly. More accurately it’s just been a raging debate around whether XLoW/XDoW sucks or was good, as well as general anger at Marvel for pausing the whole line for a Wolverine-centric event from folks who don’t particularly like character and/or just want to read about other characters.

There are definitely a lot folks who don’t like Wolverine on these boards, but also a large number who are indifferent to him or just sick of him dominating the X-books. He also has fans on here, myself included.

Regardless, the drought is over and Destiny of X begins in earnest this Wednesday. So all the vitriol aimed at Ben Percy, Marvel and Wolverine should calm down now.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Oh please, nobody hates Logan. When he was a lead in HOX, everyone loved him and he had iconic moments (such as that scene w Kurt). The difference is that lots of other characters had big moments too! This recent event was all about Logan being the only to shine and after HIckman had featured so many minority characters. It’s pathetic to be going back to only straight white characters can solve anything while women are prizes or useless or both (Jean). And actual minority characters don’t get any respect again.

Wolverine is loved. A comic with him doing nothing, would sell better than most. Not sure why Wolverine super fans act like Logan is a character that is rarely used when he’s the most used character in the franchise. Wolverine is essential to the franchise.

For example, I’m a mega Emma fan but I don’t get offended when Emma haters say she’s used too much. She is when compared to all the other female characters.
    All of this, it's like kicking low hanging fruit, XLOW & XDOW could have been better written period, Gillen accomplished everything Percy was trying to do with a weekly 10 issue event in 1 issue. That is not a slight against Wolverine but against the writer and a very weak event that outside of the Moira reveal did nothing for anyone involved, Logan included!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

I haven't seen anyone regular around here praising the character with that issue. Heck people were questioning if they have actually felt something during that issue with the two sacrificing (except from the Wolverine stan). Still I am pretty sure it's just a million in one of his appearances which you can rad about anyway

Emma isnt oversaturated and I haven't seen people around caring here about her overappearances.
    Also Wolverine getting the central attention is a part of it's characters since 80s.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-04-2022 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    All of this, it's like kicking low hanging fruit, XLOW & XDOW could have been better written period, Gillen accomplished everything Percy was trying to do with a weekly 10 issue event in 1 issue. That is not a slight against Wolverine but against the writer and a very weak event that outside of the Moira reveal did nothing for anyone involved, Logan included!
    I am not sure whats your point here. Gillen didn't even wrote Moira or Wolverine.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Percy wanted to focus on Wolverine and Gillen wanted to focus on the Council so both writers got want they wanted. Deaths is probably a poor follow-up to Inferno 2.0 but even the latter had its own problems.
    "Cable was right!"