Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And what about Rita DeMara?
    Oh, Rita deserves so much better, and yet, I'd totally buy that book, because it could be hilarious.

Eric "Well, that was no fun risking my life saving a bunch of people I don't even like. But check out all this neat stuff I stole, shrunk down and snuck out in my pants!"
    Rita "I wish I was dead again..."

And what about Rita DeMara?
    I forgot about her, she can join too. Has she ever met Scott Lang? They both started their costumed careers stealing suits from Hank Pym. They should exchange ant-notes.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Glad to know you're a fan of the size-changers. One of my all-time favorites is Kitty Pryde. Too bad she can't be a part of this, sadly...

LOL, which comic was this. I need to read size changing Kitty Pryde lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh, Rita deserves so much better, and yet, I'd totally buy that book, because it could be hilarious.

Eric "Well, that was no fun risking my life saving a bunch of people I don't even like. But check out all this neat stuff I stole, shrunk down and snuck out in my pants!"
    Rita "I wish I was dead again..."
    The dynamics write themselves. With Rita there the one of the Ant-Vengers missions could be to deal with the new Yellowjacket, Daren Cross. He stole the name like he stole Cassie's heart....literally not figuratively. I doubt she wants it back now though. It has Cross cooties all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    LOL, which comic was this. I need to read size changing Kitty Pryde lol.
    Awesome! Didn't realize there were any fans left of Kitty. But yeah, that image is from...

Cataclysm

I shall do so.

I just thought of something, if they form Ant-Vengers and O'Grady joins he doesn't have his own "Wasp" partner. Hank has Janet, Scott has Cassie (who is technically not titled "Wasp" but a close enough copy) So who would O'Grady's Wasp partner be? Would Nadia step up?
    You're right about Cassie. As Stinger, her powers are identical to Nadia's (but not Janet's, as her wings are biological and not mechanical like the teens'), she's a Wasp in all but name.

Nadia actually counts as a second counterpart for Scott - don't forget her movie counterpart is Hope, the Wasp from the title of his second solo movie, and Scott, Hope and Cassie will be a three person team in the third film.

Maybe Eric could recruit Beetle?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I forgot about her, she can join too. Has she ever met Scott Lang? They both started their costumed careers stealing suits from Hank Pym. They should exchange ant-notes.
    Under Siege, maybe? Although I think Scott was only in one issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're right about Cassie. As Stinger, her powers are identical to Nadia's (but not Janet's, as her wings are biological and not mechanical like the teens'), she's a Wasp in all but name.

Nadia actually counts as a second counterpart for Scott - don't forget her movie counterpart is Hope, the Wasp from the title of his second solo movie, and Scott, Hope and Cassie will be a three person team in the third film.

What about stings? Part of their powers or tech? I think Nadia's are powers but Cassie's are tech.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-04-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Awesome! Didn't realize there were any fans left of Kitty.
    Sure, I'm a fan of Kitty. What has she done to not have fans anymore?

Whoa! So Scott has two of them? How greedy, he's a Wasp hoarder. Kind of funny since they are both teens. Granted one is his daughter. But still, Scott needs to share. I often forget Nadia is Hope synergy. It works in the movies since they are the same age. It makes me curious for Cassie's future in the MCU. They've already paired Hope as Scott's partner there, so unless Young Avengers or some young hero project is coming to branch her off to do her own thing, will Scott have two partners there as well? But still, Scott is a Wasp hoarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Under Siege, maybe? Although I think Scott was only in one issue.
    Did they interact there? I feel like Pym Particle uses should really be aware of one another.

What about stings? Part of their powers or tech? I think Nadia's are powers but Cassie's are tech.
    Nadia has no native powers, they all come from the suit. Even Janet's are tech, the stingers aren't part of the Pym Particle powerset at all (hence the Ant-Men lacking them).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Nadia has no native powers, they all come from the suit. Even Janet's are tech, the stingers aren't part of the Pym Particle powerset at all (hence the Ant-Men lacking them).
    All of Janet is power...shrinking, wings, stings antennae to talk to bugs...Hank did a lot of genetic tinkering on her.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-04-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

All of Janet is power...shrinking, wings, stings antennae to talk to bugs...Hank did a lot of genetic tinkering on her.
    And while I don't like much, at all, about the Ultimates-verse, I did like the idea of Janet being a mutant, or at least, a mutate, someone who had latent powers unlocked by Hank's work, not an average person he gave a bunch of powers to (and yet didn't to himself, inexplicably?).

Janice Lincoln would be great. Her and Scott had a fling. She wanted the shrinking power so bad too! I definitely vote for her. The tension between her and Scott would be high. She tried to get even with him in court. She’s engaged so that would add to the tension.

I guess this is another question I would like to ask. Of the Pym Particle users who can grow and shrink without the need of a suit currently? I remember back in the day seeing Hank and Cassie able to use their powers out of suit due to over exposure or something. I assumed Scott and Janet could as well. Can they still do it currently today? And where to Nadia and Eric fair in that regard?

Extraordinary Member

I guess this is another question I would like to ask. Of the Pym Particle users who can grow and shrink without the need of a suit currently? I remember back in the day seeing Hank and Cassie able to use their powers out of suit due to over exposure or something. I assumed Scott and Janet could as well. Can they still do it currently today? And where to Nadia and Eric fair in that regard?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Pym_P...rticle_Mutates

Thank you, this was quite informative. I had no idea Reptil was a Pym Particle user. Or the Beast has used them, but that makes sense since he's a scientist and probably dabbled in it at some point. So the members that can produce their own particles are mutates?

Extraordinary Member

Thank you, this was quite informative. I had no idea Reptil was a Pym Particle user. Or the Beast has used them, but that makes sense since he's a scientist and probably dabbled in it at some point. So the members that can produce their own particles are mutates?
    Reptil could only alter small part of his body to duplicate dinosaur abilities...using Pym Particles he can add additional mass and create a whole dino body.

And there are a lot of people who have used Pym Particles at one time or another.

As that article says...repeated exposure allows people to be able to produce their own Pym Particles naturally.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-04-2022 at 05:21 PM.