Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This mini will bring back Hank. I can feel it.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I highly doubt it. Hank and Janet get an occasional bone thrown at them...which is kind of crappy as they were part of Marvel's modern start with FF, Spidey, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I highly doubt it. Hank and Janet get an occasional bone thrown at them...which is kind of crappy as they were part of Marvel's modern start with FF, Spidey, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and X-Men.
    Which is a shame. If you go way back in time Tales to Astonish sold as well as Tales of Suspense, Journey Into Mystery, Strange Tales and the Hulk. Hank and Jan were there at the beginning. They founded the Avengers. Jan named the band. Marvel needs to get over the slap THEY created and quit hating the guy and acting like they are being heroes for sidelining him.

As for Scott? He has a movie coming up. They can’t possibly sideline him. He is Ant-Man now. Hank hasn’t been Ant-Man in decades so the mantle is Scott’s. Ant-Man and Stinger would make a nice title IMO. Marvel pushes Nadia, American Chavez (who has flopped repeatedly I might add and now gets to be in a movie and two team books at the same time) and Ms Marvel. Why not Cassie?
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 05-08-2022 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    In Ewing I tend to trust .

She rocks that outfit and general role enthusiasm .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In Ewing I tend to trust .
    Yaaassss!!!kinnnnggg!!!!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Loved the Scott issue of the current Ant-Man LS.

Has it been mentioned before that Scott spoilers:
    killed someone in self defense while in prison?
    end of spoilers

Wow! I didn't know there was a thread like this! I would very much like to join! Especially since I just read the latest Ant-Man issue. I already covered Cassie in the Young Avengers thread, as for ole Scott Lang himself

spoilers:
    I really hope they make due of Scott vs O'Grady in the future. These two being arch enemies would be amazing, it's not like they get used very often in comics anyway. Plus Scott needs someone beside just Darren Cross to battle. Also please make the Ant-Vengers a thing!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Loved the Scott issue of the current Ant-Man LS.

Has it been mentioned before that Scott spoilers:
    killed someone in self defense while in prison?
    end of spoilers
    It's mentioned in Hank's thread. Happened in the second FF (Future Foundation) series apparently. The book where Scott leads a team consisting of She-Hulk, Ms. Thing and Medusa.

About Ant-Man #3...spoilers:
    Scott can command spiders now (hence the suggestion of including Spider-Man in the Ant-Vengers). I guess it makes sense since we already knew Cassie could command both ants and wasps - all of the Ant family should be able to command all insects and arachnids. What would Peter Parker make of this development I wonder?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's mentioned in Hank's thread. Happened in the second FF (Future Foundation) series apparently. The book where Scott leads a team consisting of She-Hulk, Ms. Thing and Medusa.

Scott can command spiders now (hence the suggestion of including Spider-Man in the Ant-Vengers). I guess it makes sense since we already knew Cassie could command both ants and wasps - all of the Ant family should be able to command all insects and arachnids. What would Peter Parker make of this development I wonder?
    end of spoilers
    I went back and re-read those issues. Don't remember ti from when I read it before.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

end of spoilers
    A wider selection of insect control had already been established. Scott commanded Scorpions back when he was in the Avengers and Janet commanded a giant 'Dune' style Space worm to attack Sentry in a Avengers issue as well.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was waiting for someone to make the arachnid joke of them not being insects. That would have funny if O'Grady shouted that out after his defeat. I really like the idea of the Ant-Vengers being able to command all kinds of insects as it could make for some very interesting and unique situations for future stories with them. It would be even funnier if they could actually take command of Peter Parker and anyone bitten by a radioactive spider. The hilarity that could happen with stories like this. Peter would grow weary of them hahaha!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    spoilers:
    I was waiting for someone to make the arachnid joke of them not being insects. That would have funny if O'Grady shouted that out after his defeat. I really like the idea of the Ant-Vengers being able to command all kinds of insects as it could make for some very interesting and unique situations for future stories with them. It would be even funnier if they could actually take command of Peter Parker and anyone bitten by a radioactive spider. The hilarity that could happen with stories like this. Peter would grow weary of them hahaha!
    end of spoilers
    IIRC...when Power Broker made Cassie Stinger her helmet was programmed to communicate with a whole lot of bugs.

Scott has the dubious honour of being one of the last two characters drawn by Carlos Pacheco, who had to retire due to ALS. He appears alongside Nadia on the cover of this week's Damage Control #2, which has turned out to be Pacheco's last work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman