Yikes. Never heard of him until now.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’ll bite. What’s wrong with Linkara?
    He's an expert in hostile work environments. Everyone at Channel Awesome was, but he was exceptional at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    He's an expert in hostile work environments. Everyone at Channel Awesome was, but he was exceptional at them.
    According to the other hosts, he was a pretty stand up guy and tried to help whenever he could.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Fortunate Son...despite Snyder's making it canon along with Bruce's toxic, abusive, unhealthy relationship with a bisexual man that heavily implied Bruce was...yeah
    You guys got distracted by Linkara I still haven't got an answer for this. What toxic bisexual Bruce was in Fortunate Son and when Snyder made it canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Bendis was giving every a list character marvel had for his books. Rob Liefeld could have written an Avengers run and sold just as much with all those A list characters.
    I disagree. Especially because of longevity. He was on those books for 10 years and sold well the entire time. I get your point for the first arc or two. But Bendis Avengers has legs.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    We don't talk about Bendis. No, no, no, no.
    We don't talk about Bendis.

But It was a big annoucement day.
    There we use to have a great Superman rebirth run.
    Bendis walks in with a mischievous grin,

AGING JON KENT.
    You telling this story or am I?
    I am sorry go on.

Bendis say he will create his own mediocore characters.
    Why did he tell us?

In doing so, he also reboot his own Legion of Superheroes.
    I would held back my money to him.

He become the writers for the JL run.
    What a dreadful run, anyways.

We don't talk about Bendis. No, no, no. We don't talk about Bendis.

What topic you think DC should stop bring up ever again.
    Ruining Jon Kent, dumping Clark's secret ID, rebooting the Legion, writing that snoozefest of a YJ book (funny enough, I actually thought that one would be a good fit for him), writing an equally boring Justice League run (another title that I thought he'd do good in). All in all, Bendis being in DC is everything that I feared it would be. The only big positive I can give him is Naomi.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You guys got distracted by Linkara I still haven't got an answer for this. What toxic bisexual Bruce was in Fortunate Son and when Snyder made it canon?
    Bruce was in a toxic bisexual relationship, not Bruce is a toxic bisexual...unless we are discussing King's run which in an more adult genre would be a fantastic depiction of a toxic relationship. But it's comics.

Bruce ended up in a triad with a punk rocker who was obsessive, controlling, and a rapist. Google is your friend. The panels are all online.

The take away is because of said relationship Bruce has trust issues, an unhealthy relationship with sex, and hates punk rock and most modern music. Snyder refers to that during All Star Batman, which no one talks about despite being an excellent read with lots of foreshadowing for all the major plot points of Rebirth and the on going stories.

Fantastic Member

Back to things we don't talk about:

The goddess Pele curb stomping Wonder Woman

(Having been to the Big Island, it makes sense to me. She's from a minor dead religion, Pele is actively respected if not worshipped.)

- Flashpoint Batman curb stomping most of the Batfamily (including Damian, Cass, and Kate)
    - Heroes in Crisis
    - Identity Crisis

Fantastic Member

Hunter Prince: Diana's rape baby in Rebirth Justice League

Batman making out with Jessica while engaged to Selina

No Justice established that Bruce's actions led to the destruction of entire planets which would make him a supervillain on par with Darkseid

Harley Quinn was fully culpable for her actions in Injustice

Fantastic Member

The entire concepts of The Green, The Red, and The Gray make no sense with the current understanding of ecology. None. They don't even sort things correctly.

Batman's attitude towards bats, everyone's actually besides Talia's, is very 1960s and outdated. People don't like bats? There are massive tourist industries in multiple countries based on bats.

Which leads to what the heck is up with the whole animal vs plants thing? Plants being around before fungi and animals? C'mon DC. Catch up with modern science.

Hunter Prince: Diana's rape baby in Rebirth Justice League

Batman making out with Jessica while engaged to Selina

No Justice established that Bruce's actions led to the destruction of entire planets which would make him a supervillain on par with Darkseid

Harley Quinn was fully culpable for her actions in Injustice
    What rape baby?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The take away is because of said relationship Bruce has trust issues, an unhealthy relationship with sex, and hates punk rock and most modern music. Snyder refers to that during All Star Batman, which no one talks about despite being an excellent read with lots of foreshadowing for all the major plot points of Rebirth and the on going stories.
    I guess most people are like me, didn't expect the off shoot Batman title to hold the foreshadowing instead of the main Batman title especially with The Button there

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What rape baby?
    Oof. Forgot about that, mainly because Rebirth JL was so forgetful. Hunter Prince, as a character, was okay. But the way he came about, and the continuity screw-ups in JL Rebirth, were bad. He came about due to an evil black goo thing taking control of and impregnating Diana. Diana and Hunter, as characters by themselves, were okay. But the events done in that, were not good. At all.

Back to things we don't talk about:

The goddess Pele curb stomping Wonder Woman

(Having been to the Big Island, it makes sense to me. She's from a minor dead religion, Pele is actively respected if not worshipped.)
    that was a neat story TBH. Very.. in the moment, but a neat story.