Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Batman the Brave and the Bold

*Spoilers ahead* Just started watching this show. Pretty fun and love that the characters for the most part are Silver Age. Love that the Green Arrow has his Golden Age costume. So far my favorite episodes are the Neil Patrick Harris episode as the Music Meister and the JSA episode where we learn about Dinah Lance. That death scene with her and Wildcat surprisingly put a lump in my throat.
    Last edited by CTTT; 04-02-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Just started watching this show. Pretty fun and love that the characters for the most part are Silver Age. Love that the Green Arrow has his Golden Age costume. So far my favorite episodes are the Neil Patrick Harris episode as the Music Meister and the JSA episode where we learn about Dinah Lance. That death scene with her and Wildcat surprisingly put a lump in my throat.
    If you just started watching?

You might not be the only one.

Feels like some "Spoiler..." tags might be in order, no?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you just started watching?

You might not be the only one.

Feels like some "Spoiler..." tags might be in order, no?
    Are we talking about the animated series that originally ran from 2008-2011 on Cartoon Network?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are we talking about the animated series that originally ran from 2008-2011 on Cartoon Network?
    Yes that's the one I'm referring to

Incredible Member

As much as I dislike Batman I'll admit that this show is pretty fun.

Such a great show! Still waiting for them to put it on HBO Max.

"Hammers of justice!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Such a great show! Still waiting for them to put it on HBO Max.

"Hammers of justice!"
    Unless you're joking, it's on there already.

One of the best Batman shows and a show that proves that the Silver Age can work in the modern day with the right execution .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the best Batman shows and a show that proves that the Silver Age can work in the modern day with the right execution .
    True and agreed - but the right execution is clearly not something that could work as the main comic book universe or live action film. But for a cartoon for a particular segment, it clearly works and works well. As much as a shame as it was that the show was cancelled, the biggest shame was it didn't spin off a Superman or Wonder Woman show, or perhaps more importantly considering how big that take was, an Aquaman cartoon. They could have easily made a new DCAU from this show, but sadly the Cartoon Network folks had their own views about the type of shows that they wanted for their network, and they basically singlehandedly killed this show, along with Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware the Batman. Other great shows imo. Shame.

I absolutely loved the show.
    Too bad there's not many comics like it.
    Fun, but not juvenile. Thrilling, but not dark. An adult hero with a nod and a wink.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The show was very likable. One of my all-time favorite episodes is...

"Hail the Tornado Tyrant!"

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-03-2022 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I absolutely loved the show.
    Too bad there's not many comics like it.
    Fun, but not juvenile. Thrilling, but not dark. An adult hero with a nod and a wink.
    There were two volumes of the comic book based on the series.

The first volume, which began in 2009, ran for 22 issues.
    The writers and artists would change from issue to issue.

The second volume, titled THE ALL NEW BATMAN: (The) BRAVE & THE BOLD, ran 16 issues.
    The writer on this run was Sholly Fisch, with art by Rick Burchett.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    True and agreed - but the right execution is clearly not something that could work as the main comic book universe or live action film. But for a cartoon for a particular segment, it clearly works and works well. As much as a shame as it was that the show was cancelled, the biggest shame was it didn't spin off a Superman or Wonder Woman show, or perhaps more importantly considering how big that take was, an Aquaman cartoon. They could have easily made a new DCAU from this show, but sadly the Cartoon Network folks had their own views about the type of shows that they wanted for their network, and they basically singlehandedly killed this show, along with Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware the Batman. Other great shows imo. Shame.
    I think we've seen in the comics and live-action that Silver Age stuff can be successfully updated and make work. Although I guess whether it was successful maybe up to the viewer.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Cartoon Network screwed over a lot of their outside brand shows. **** was ridiculous.

Tornado Tyrant and the prototype Teen Titans episode with the sidekicks were some of my favourites.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we've seen in the comics and live-action that Silver Age stuff can be successfully updated and make work. Although I guess whether it was successful maybe up to the viewer.
    I never said that they couldn't - I said that it couldn't work as the main comic book universe anymore, or in a major live action movie. Doesn't mean it can't work as a side line of comic books or that some elements of it can't be updated to work in live action movies.