Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They are making a Batman cartoon...Batman: Caped Crusader.
    yes...but not in the style of JLAction.

That would have been pure fun.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    yes...but not in the style of JLAction.

That would have been pure fun.
    I would love another show in JLA style .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm curious which episodes you guys would recommend to hook new younger viewers.

I show cartoons to my young ESL classes and they've proven quite popular. I've shown them selected episodes of BTAS, STAS, JLU, The Batman, JLAction, and the entirety of GL TAS, which was by far their favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm curious which episodes you guys would recommend to hook new younger viewers.

I show cartoons to my young ESL classes and they've proven quite popular. I've shown them selected episodes of BTAS, STAS, JLU, The Batman, JLAction, and the entirety of GL TAS, which was by far their favorite.
    I kinda liked the two parter dealing with Owlman and the CSA. But I love that evil alternate reality mirrorverse stuff and multiversal adventures.

The Music Meister episode.

There were so many great episodes it's hard for me to think of which ones to suggest .

Generally I hate evil Superman stories but this show did such a great tribute to the wacky Silver Age "Super dickety" comics. Evil Kal shacking Kandor and saying "earthquake drill" still cracks me up.

Also the final show of this series was such a meta fanboy celebration. Ambush Bug (voiced by Henry Winkler) trying to save traditional Batman from Bat-Mite (voiced by Paul Rubens) who was trying to take Bats to Xtreme ridiculous levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Generally I hate evil Superman stories but this show did such a great tribute to the wacky Silver Age "Super dickety" comics. Evil Kal shacking Kandor and saying "earthquake drill" still cracks me up.

Also the final show of this series was such a meta fanboy celebration. Ambush Bug (voiced by Henry Winkler) trying to save traditional Batman from Bat-Mite (voiced by Paul Rubens) who was trying to take Bats to Xtreme ridiculous levels.
    All the Bat-Mite episodes were great .

I also loved Boosters' first episode. And Aquaman's family vacation.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Still the best animated instance of Superdickery. It was magnificent.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He also had the Emperor Hat with the "S" on it.

Injustice and the "evil Superman dark future" stuff from the DCEU would be slightly more tolerable if he had the hat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Still the best animated instance of Superdickery. It was magnificent.

Listen, if we have to sit through another evil Superman story, might as well make it entertaining. Superman was a di…fferent person, they even referenced Lois having her crazy moments in comics.

It’s funny as this show came out around the whole Nolan phase of Batman movies so people were very against it back in the day. I’d love for a cartoon like this for other heroes.

Evil Under the Sea. It's both a showcase of their amazing interpretation of Aquaman (one of the highlights of the show) and a fairly standard depiction of their typical plotting.

I do really like Dawn of the Dead Man, Journey to the Center of the Bat, and the Owlman two parter as well but they're all slight departures from the normal formula and best enjoyed once you've already gotten an impression of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Plus not only that but you get Adam West popping in here and there, like with The Chill of the Night and Proto episodes
    If having Adam West and Julie Newmar as Bruce's parents wasn't enough, Chill of the Night also brought back Kevin Conroy (and Mark Hammil) that's three Batman voice actoirs right there. That's about as much bat for your buck as you can get.

It's clearly whoever made this show loved not just Batman, but the DC Universe in general.

I loved the show, but it was...oddly dark. Like, I think it had the most on-screen deaths of major characters of any superhero cartoon. Young Justice may have had more deaths, but those were off-screen and one or two "dead" characters are still around but nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As much as a shame as it was that the show was cancelled, the biggest shame was it didn't spin off a Superman or Wonder Woman show, or perhaps more importantly considering how big that take was, an Aquaman cartoon.
    It felt like it was setting up a Justice League International spin-off with Batman, Aquaman, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, and Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like Batman Universe except, hopefully, a better plot and Batman voice.
    What's Batman Universe?

I'll second "Journey to the Center of the Bat!" and throw in "Legends of the Dark Mite!" and "Revenge of the Reach!"

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I loved the show, but it was...oddly dark. Like, I think it had the most on-screen deaths of major characters of any superhero cartoon. Young Justice may have had more deaths, but those were off-screen and one or two "dead" characters are still around but nobody knows.
    B'Wana Beast made a heroic sacrifice! B'Wana Beast!
    What's Batman Universe?
    A Brian Michael Bendis comic penned for the DC Walmart magazines.