Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

I mean, Spec and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane both aged her down so it's not like they haven't done it before. I don't think it's really something to look that deeply into.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Spec and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane both aged her down so it's not like they haven't done it before. I don't think it's really something to look that deeply into.
    Yeah, besides, there have been adaptations since that have played with them either being exes or something else since.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We're already talking about a universe where a kid gets bitten by a spider and gets super powers. Goo monsters exist. And all sorts of other crazy **** is out there.

A skilled teenage thief wouldn't have been out of place.
    Absolutely fair. Just sayin' that there are some who complain how guys like Batman can be in the Justice League, so this is where this complain comes from every once and again.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, besides, there have been adaptations since that have played with them either being exes or something else since.
    The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon did at least tease them romantically again after she returned to the series in it's final seasons, but it got kind of got downplayed in favour of the Queen Carnage drama, and ended with no clear resolution

Marvel's Spider-Man however definitely ended with Peter and MJ becoming a couple.

As I said, I think it's indicative of a larger trend of Marvel downplaying Black Cat x Spider-Man.
    If by larger trend, you mean a handful of incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    No, that's what people thought was going to happen in Dark Ages, but Peter was happily married to MJ throughout.
    It wasn't Dark Ages, I heard about that a while before Dark Ages was announced, I think there was art posted too but I'm not sure if it was official or fan art.

As I said, I think it's indicative of a larger trend of Marvel downplaying Black Cat x Spider-Man.
    I think it's just Bendis doing stuff that is different just because he can, like making Venom not be an alien, or Rhino into a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    This isn't a criticism of Ultimate at all, but it seemed like Bendis tried to cram so of 616 Pete's history into his high school years that (in Bendis' mind) it probably would've been weird to have a 15-year-old girl be as skilled as a thief as the Black Cat is supposed to be. Given than, Felicia's vomiting when she (a full grown woman) was making out with a high school sophomore was entirely understandable.

That said, I have absolutely no stake in a Pete/Felicia romance or a Pete/MJ romance. I'm just along for the ride.
    Ultimate is only slightly more grounded than 616, slightly, Felicia being an experienced thief at the age of 15 wouldn't be far fetched, specially considering she's a confirmed mutant.

If anything those adaptations aged her up, for whatever reason Ultimate, Spectacular and PS4 Spidey all decided to say Felicia was older than Spidey, when they're about the same age in 616, and it's possible she was supposed to be even younger at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If anything those adaptations aged her up, for whatever reason Ultimate, Spectacular and PS4 Spidey all decided to say Felicia was older than Spidey, when they're about the same age in 616, and it's possible she was supposed to be even younger at first.
    ...Age is relative .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

...Age is relative .
    According to official word from Spectacular, Felicia is only 19, maybe 20, and Peter's 16-17. Not that much of an age difference. As for Insomniac indicating Felicia was older than Peter, who is 23 in that continuity . . . well, the point of that might be to emphasize her relative amorality in taking advantage of Peter's good nature and desire to believe the best in people. It does hit a bit harder if she's seen or interpreted as an experienced woman taking advantage of a (comparatively) naive younger man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

It wasn't Dark Ages, I heard about that a while before Dark Ages was announced, I think there was art posted too but I'm not sure if it was official or fan art.

I think it's just Bendis doing stuff that is different just because he can, like making Venom not be an alien, or Rhino into a robot.

Ultimate is only slightly more grounded than 616, slightly, Felicia being an experienced thief at the age of 15 wouldn't be far fetched, specially considering she's a confirmed mutant.

When I was a kid, I thought Felicia was a bit older than Peter because of the white hair in the 616.

After I reading the comic issues as an adult, I get the impression that she was a little younger than Peter.
    I think that she's probably the same age as Mary Jane.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    When I was a kid, I thought Felicia was a bit older than Peter because of the white hair in the 616.
    Lol, did you think she she was old enough to be someone's grandma by any chance with that white hair logic? .

After I reading the comic issues as an adult, I get the impression that she was a little younger than Peter.
    I think that she's probably the same age as Mary Jane.
    She did act younger at least.

I'm also not sure if MJ was really supposed to be younger than Peter, always got the impression they're around the same age.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I'm also not sure if MJ was really supposed to be younger than Peter, always got the impression they're around the same age.
    Wasn't there like a year's difference?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

This thread suddenly aged really well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This thread suddenly aged really well
    LMFAO yeah

BANNED

So what do you guysbthinknofbthe recent development between mj and you know who.

Thread Title = da truth according to ME (Marvel Editorial) since OMD.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."