Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Orogan in DOFP "The Rogue Cut"

Do you think the "definitive", canonical version of X-Men: Days of Future Past should be The Rogue Cut (2015)?
    I think so, because that goes full circle with the relationship between Logan and Marie D'Ancanto, as well as giving a higher purpose to their "adventure" together, which began at the very start of X-Men (2000).

By the way, what do you think about Orogan? In The Rogue Cut, Logan and Ororo are romantically involved, they are lovers.
    Tonight, I was rewatching The Last Stand, and found the empathy and the tension between Logan and Ororo quite compelling. So The Rogue Cut would complete that story arc too.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-03-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think in general, most fans do consider the Rogue Cut as the real deal,
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I do consider the Rogue Cut the "real" version and I'm actually surprised Disney+ features only the theatrical cut, at least in the UK.

When it comes to Logan and Ororo, I learned they were supposed to be a couple from interviews because there was nothing on the screen that actually pointed to that, so it's really hard to have an opinion on something that wasn't quite shown.

The Rogue Cut is the only way the story makes sense & clears up several plot holes I'll never understand why they cut it originally.

As for Storm & Logan damn near everyone they knew was dead, they were lonely Logan was slanging it only made sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Rogue Cut is the only way the story makes sense & clears up several plot holes I'll never understand why they cut it originally.
    That's great. Can you please list all the plotholes that the Rogue Cut fixes? I've never watched it.

Also: what's the "best" deathscene for Iceman? Theatrical or Rogue Cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    That's great. Can you please list all the plotholes that the Rogue Cut fixes? I've never watched it.

Iceman pretty much dies the same way..it's just a question of whether you prefer him dying trying to keep the sentinels from entering the temple or dying at the mansion while saving Rogue

I personally wished there would be a mix between the Rogue Cut and the theatrical release. I wished the extended scenes about the future would all be in the official cut and also Rogue's involvement.

At the same time, I think Mystique coming to the mansion in the past is totally boring, unnecessary, and slows down the narrative too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I personally wished there would be a mix between the Rogue Cut and the theatrical release. I wished the extended scenes about the future would all be in the official cut and also Rogue's involvement.

At the same time, I think Mystique coming to the mansion in the past is totally boring, unnecessary, and slows down the narrative too much.
    This is exactly how I feel..

Mystique returning to the mansion just throws everything off

Wish Rogue and the extended future stuff was in the theatrical version..that's my "perfect" version of the movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Iceman pretty much dies the same way..it's just a question of whether you prefer him dying trying to keep the sentinels from entering the temple or dying at the mansion while saving Rogue
    Where is he given more mutant action before death?

Also, I'm just wondering:

Is Iceman made of organic ice in both The Last Stand and Days of Future Past?

Where is he given more mutant action before death?

Also, I'm just wondering:

Is Iceman made of organic ice in both The Last Stand and Days of Future Past?
    A little more action shown saving Rogue..

And nothing is specifically stated in The Last Stand..so the assumption at the time was that he covered himself in ice..ice armor..as that's how his powers usually work..but in DoFP they decided to go the organic route..

So I guess the answer to your question is yes since nothing is ever stated or shown in The Last Stand

BANNED

And nothing is specifically stated in The Last Stand..so the assumption at the time was that he covered himself in ice..ice armor..as that's how his powers usually work..but in DoFP they decided to go the organic route..
    Yes, but even in The Last Stand, you cannot see his human silhouette inside the ice, so it looks like he's not "encased". However, even at the time, I assumed that he just encased himself in the "ice armor". What do you think about it?

In DOFP, his powers have evolved, and so he becomes organic ice.

Yes, but even in The Last Stand, you cannot see his human silhouette inside the ice, so it looks like he's not "encased". However, even at the time, I assumed that he just encased himself in the "ice armor". What do you think about it?

In DOFP, his powers have evolved, and so he becomes organic ice.
    Could his powers have evolved? Absolutely

Having no definitive answer in The Last Stand really makes both things a possibilty

But based on the evidence we have..DoFP and like you mentioned, the way he looks in The Last Stand..I think organic

BANNED

Could his powers have evolved? Absolutely

Having no definitive answer in The Last Stand really makes both things a possibilty

But based on the evidence we have..DoFP and like you mentioned, the way he looks in The Last Stand..I think organic
    Yes, indeed.
    As simple as that, Bobby discovered this huge angle of his powers in the brief timespan between X2 and X3.

Well here it explains what happened with the mansion, it makes more sense that the sentinels will replicate powers more than just with mystique DNA, they were experimenting with Rogue's powers too, so the duplication of powers really comes from Rogue which has much more sense, they desperately needed to make that trip yes or yes, and they reveal that the reason is because they were experimenting more with Rogue keeping her alive so that she duplicated the part of her powers not only to copy powers but to steal them definitely, that is, they wanted to leave the remaining mutants depowered and they were experimenting to replicate that ability of Rogue,,,, the sentinels found them not by chance as could be deduced in the first cut, but when they went to save Rogue (Bobby dying) a sentinel got his arm caught in the BB and for that is that they manage to locate them.

In short, many things make more sense, or rather they really make sense in this cut, which I think was really the first version, and they only modified it to release two versions and have more $$$$, but Roguecut is definitely infinitely superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

In short, many things make more sense, or rather they really make sense in this cut, which I think was really the first version, and they only modified it to release two versions and have more $$$$, but Roguecut is definitely infinitely superior.

I add ( myself lol ) and I'm wsure why this is a fact, and Roguecut always was and is the original and canon version, is that in most of the trailers of the time (they can even be found on yt) and advertising sp we can see Rogue , both in the scenes of his rescue in the mansion, as well as in China when he is replacing Kitty and connecting with Logan.

So this was always the first version and the official one, only at the last minute they came up with that "great idea" and cut and modify some scenes, to have two versions.