Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Wich makes Nature Girl even more of a hypocrite :P
    Ha! yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    The editor should know how it looks when the two arian boys help a convicted murderer get free but let the two black girls rot in the pit, just saying.

Also justice for Toad, who was frame by Magneto, the QQ is full of telepaths they most know he is inocent.
    Maybe they want to do a critic about mass incarceration of black people on real life but on the Krakoa context it looks really bad. Not only because Nature girl annd her friends were spared but because they have actual villains on quiet council.

Toad wasn't framed, he agreed to do it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's CBR's fault that X-Men Green is still going. Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

If you completely remove the context, then yeah it looks racist. But in truth, the scenarios are completely different. Nature Girl was convicted by the Council and was freed by Krakoa itself. Cypher only helped because he's Krakoa's BFF and kind of had to. Pyro is an asshole.

We don't know what Oya and Nekra even did yet, aside from the fact that they killed and don't regret it. They were also convicted by the Council. But since their crime likely has nothing to do with eco-terrorism, Krakoa wouldn't really care. Meanwhile, a white man (Melter) was allegedly thrown into the pit for destroying some of Krakoa's rocks.

LaValle might have some sort of commentary in mind, but it has nothing to do with Nature Girl's treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Ha! yes.

Maybe they want to do a critic about mass incarceration of black people on real life but on the Krakoa context it looks really bad. Not only because Nature girl annd her friends were spared but because they have actual villains on quiet council.

Toad wasn't framed, he agreed to do it.
    He was framed, but he did agree to be framed, because reasons…guess he still wants magneto and Wanda to like him…

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

LaValle might have some sort of commentary in mind, but it has nothing to do with Nature Girl's treatment.
    Agreed. There's no point in trying to figure out what the logic behind this story is, there isn't any.

Fantastic Member

I know this story isn't exactly logical or realistic, but how is Pyro's information not outdated by the time the book is published and out on the market?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I know this story isn't exactly logical or realistic, but how is Pyro's information not outdated by the time the book is published and out on the market?
    Because he's a master author

Heck, I'm not sure he'd have access to this information in the first place. Maybe he has a clairvoyant helping him out? A clairvoyant who is also his editor, because any editing could have messed with his message at any point, and the nature freaks could have been sent to the other side of the world by mistake.

If Pyro was at risk of getting caught, then anyone would figure his work is a secret message. The clues he dropped were far from subtle, even compared to the rest of the book. Nature Girl even says this. (Also, it's kind of weird that Pyro seems to have sent kids a book with innuendos or sex scenes(?), and seems to have included messages within those innuendos or sex scenes to basically ensure that they had to read them.)

The issue is clearly meant to be a comedy. I guess Marvel realized how bad the original story was and decided to have fun with it. But the irony is that the original was funny because it felt earnest. So this story issue wasn't as fun as the disasterpiece of the original.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Heck, I'm not sure he'd have access to this information in the first place. Maybe he has a clairvoyant helping him out? A clairvoyant who is also his editor, because any editing could have messed with his message at any point, and the nature freaks could have been sent to the other side of the world by mistake.

If Pyro was at risk of getting caught, then anyone would figure his work is a secret message. The clues he dropped were far from subtle, even compared to the rest of the book. Nature Girl even says this. (Also, it's kind of weird that Pyro seems to have sent kids a book with innuendos or sex scenes(?), and seems to have included messages within those innuendos or sex scenes to basically ensure that they had to read them.)

The issue is clearly meant to be a comedy. I guess Marvel realized how bad the original story was and decided to have fun with it. But the irony is that the original was funny because it felt earnest. So this story issue wasn't as fun as the disasterpiece of the original.
    Pyro was also a journalist before the Brotherhood, so he probably has a few research skills, but all the same, this scheme should never have worked. I'm just imagining Pyro yelling at his editor about how every word of that scene is actually super-important and must NOT be changed, and then the whole thing gets further delayed because he's fighting with the publishing company. And he's presumably banking on none of the X-Men reading his books (which might be a fair bet). Although I'm not too concerned with the kids reading sex scenes when they are already committing murder. (Nature Girl seems to be about high school age, right? That's old enough to read romance novels.)

I shouldn't think about it too hard, it's just a very ridiculous story.

Fantastic Member

I thought Nature Girl and Curse got put in the Pit after they murdered all those humans in the last X-men Green story what gives?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I thought Nature Girl and Curse got put in the Pit after they murdered all those humans in the last X-men Green story what gives?
    The island sad that ruling was bushit and helped them escape

Any Eye Boy Mentions?

Also Nature Girl and Eye Boy will be reenacting some of those scenes in the coming years from the romance novels hopefully. Ha. Yes, I need them together.

I shouldn't think about it too hard, it's just a very ridiculous story.
    Yeah, they just want to goof around this time. But shit-talking the story is more fun than reading it. ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Any Eye Boy Mentions?
    Nope.

Astonishing Member

Oh good grief they brought it back. And now whales have arms. Oh ffs. I see that because they realized their initial attempts were completely mocked they have now decided….to abandon all pretense of an environmental message to turn this book into if Gwenpool merged with the Punisher so we can all laugh at dumb environmental stuff. It’s already been said but the reason people mocked and laughed at X-men green is because that book was supposedly trying to be serious in its message of how you could solve all the ills of the world by killing the front end manager of a Costco and the ensuing hilarity of Duggan doubling down on that message when the front end workers of the world said no, it wouldn’t.

Also when the hell are they going to attack Emma Frost for her superyacht?

Reading the title I knew that it was about Giganto.