Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

So any speculation for Jimmy/Saul/Gene's fate? Death like Walt? Escape into another identity somehow? Jail?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So any speculation for Jimmy/Saul/Gene's fate? Death like Walt? Escape into another identity somehow? Jail?
    The main theory is he'll give himself in and go to jail. It feels more fitting for Jimmy's character.

I can see him being caught, however he'll go out in a blase of glory defending himself. His follow up will be advising his fellow inmates how to win their cases and that will keep him safe in prison..Personally I'm a bit disappointed that the last couple of episodes have portrayed him as a habitual criminal and that has taken some of the shine of his lovable character "Slippin Jimmy".
    Hail Hydra!

He is a habitual criminal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I thought it was super interesting how much of a contrast there is at the end between Kim, who is shocked and genuinely contrite at seeing the effects of her actions, and Jimmy, who simply cannot seem to help himself. Dunno if they'll go this way, but it'd be pretty satisfying to see the two former lawyers have their final conflict in the court room.

I guess these final episodes point toward Charles being right about his brother, just as Walter White was fundamentally just a bad person in the final analysis.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-15-2022 at 05:00 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The main theory is he'll give himself in and go to jail. It feels more fitting for Jimmy's character.
    Does kinda feel like Gene/Saul is going to jail. Though not sure he'll turn himself in. Can see Jimmy having some future of trying to provide legal advice (informally) from behind bars. Somehow, part of him will never give up being in some sort of game (the legal game or scamming game or both).

I definitely expect a bittersweet ending of some sort...not too positive, not too negative.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-15-2022 at 05:59 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I thought it was super interesting how much of a contrast there is at the end between Kim, who is shocked and genuinely contrite at seeing the effects of her actions, and Jimmy, who simply cannot seem to help himself. Dunno if they'll go this way, but it'd be pretty satisfying to see the two former lawyers have their final conflict in the court room.

I guess these final episodes point toward Charles being right about his brother, just as Walter White was fundamentally just a bad person in the final analysis.

I think part of what happened with Walt is also what happened with Gray Matter/Gretchen/Elliot, although that plot point is largely dropped until the finale (Probably because season 2 is where Mike, Saul, and Gus are brought in).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Solid finale I'd say. I don't know if I'd say it was brilliant, but it hit enough of the right notes.

The episode might have been titled Breaking Good, Jimmy finally returns at the very end. Looking back I think Saul was...Saul (an escape from and repression of Jimmy), and "Gene" was, in the end, a Walter White-esque dark continuation of Saul Goodman, and only at the very end here, do we see Jimmy surface again. Jimmy sorta proved he wasn't all bad (instead just bad for a longer time than most people).

Peter Gould: "We did the big, bloody explosion that was the end of Breaking Bad. Walt was a guy who dealt death to people. He ultimately was picking up guns and shooting them. Saul never picks up a gun in the whole run of the show. His ending is not going to be violent in the same way. He’s a man of words, so of course the ending is gonna have words."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ew-1235199278/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-16-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It was great end to the saga of Jimmy McGill.

I liked it. The Time Machine bits resolving to the Chuck flashback and then Saul reverting to Jimmy was inspired, as was the callback to Jimmy and Kim’s smoke break in the first episode.

Kind of wonder about the film crew characters (Who recently showed up in a fun little viral series). Would they technically be liable for Saul's crimes, at least as far as engineering the judge hoax which led to Howard's death? Did they make his BB-era commercials etc?

Astonishing Member

A fitting ending in my opinion.

Obviously not as bombastic and dramatic as that of Breaking Bad and more down to earth and somber, but considering this was the story of a whole different character, a much more somber ending was appropiate.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-23-2022 at 08:22 AM.