Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

"Winner takes it all" seems to define the Saul/Kim relationship in a few ways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tE0GjSQpes
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Speaking of bringing things up to BB, anybody watch the last episode?
    Yep.

It was interesting that the(well, what is seemingly...) the end of the line is the most obvious possibility.

Between that and Mike's conversation with the father?

It was a pretty great way to just paint a solid "Black..."/"White..." picture between the good and bad characters on the show.

With three episodes left to go?

I have very rarely felt like I less of an idea where it was going than I do when it comes to this.

spoilers:
    Kim is gonna pop up in the Gene period while Jeff's mom becomes a nuisance in the next 2 episodes.
    end of spoilers

My best guess for the next 3 episodes.

Maybe Jeff's mom catches the AMERICAN GREED episode on Saul.

Curiously, if that's canon it also talks about Kim in a negative light. Maybe there's an extra part of it where they catch up to her ( I mean, given that Saul is a fugitive perhaps some authorities did seek her out), and that prompts Gene to abandon his cover ala Walt when he saw Gretchen + Elliot on the TV towards the end of BB.

On the off chance that anyone is trying to go into things cold?

The title for the next episode is out there, and it might give some things away.

https://screenrant.com/better-call-s...es-reddit/amp/

A collection of fan theories about Marion.

Wow.

They seriously put some time in on that set.

If you mean the mall, it's an actual shopping mall in Albuquerque. There even was a Cinnabon, although I think the actual restaurant is now closed and now only used for filming. Maybe too many fans messing around like at the location of Walt's house where they threw pizzas on the roof?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I enjoyed the most recent episode, but these last 2 episodes haven't worked as strongly as they should have so close to the end, and I hope the last 2 episodes are stronger (which will make these last 2 more acceptable).

The time jumping is a bit overdone I think, it's like Tom King is writing this.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Helluva a penultimate episode. So many questions answered.

For the very first time I think, we see the true Saul Goodman right before the Breaking Bad timeline.

Read interesting little (fan) articles how "Gene Takavic" is basically a Jimmy/Saul conscious/unconscious version of Walter White, right down to the mustache. Per Mike's recent BB flashback summation of Walter to Saul: "Guy with that mustache probably doesn't make a lot of good life choices."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-09-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Guess "Fun and Games" was pretty much the last Gus episode. Kind of a fitting exit I think. Suppose they could still do something with Hector and Tuco in the last hour but probably not.

Giancarlo has expressed interest in another prequel series dealing with Gus, perhaps as a soldier or mercenary in Chile as it's been implied. I'm guessing the show would probably have a totally different tone than the dark comedy of BB and BCS.

Maybe they could do a series on Jimmy the Pizza from his "RISE" from dough to his final "FALL" splattered on Walt's roof.
    Hail Hydra!

Mighty Member

Vince Gilligan has already said this is the end of BB universe. No more spinoff plans. Tie a nice little bow on it.

Guess "Fun and Games" was pretty much the last Gus episode. Kind of a fitting exit I think. Suppose they could still do something with Hector and Tuco in the last hour but probably not.

Giancarlo has expressed interest in another prequel series dealing with Gus, perhaps as a soldier or mercenary in Chile as it's been implied. I'm guessing the show would probably have a totally different tone than the dark comedy of BB and BCS.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Vince Gilligan has already said this is the end of BB universe. No more spinoff plans. Tie a nice little bow on it.
    On paper?

The folks behind these shows could probably reasonably put a few different interesting shows together at this point.

Just a show whose focus was Lalo Salamanca before the timeline picks up could easily be more interesting than a "Gus..." centered show.

All that said, just because they could doesn't mean that this might not be the right time to wrap the whole thing up while going out on a high note.