Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Better Call Saul season 6 comes out April 18th.

Here's a fun mockumentary that acts as a recap.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I couldn't be more excited for Season 6. One of the best shows going.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Wondering if they'll have the final fate of "Gene" and whether he'll get a happy ending of sorts like Jessie or something like Walt's.

Then of course there's Nacho, Kim and Howard, who aren't in BB (Lalo is mentioned though so maybe he survives?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    (Lalo is mentioned [in BB] though so maybe he survives?)
    Or...maybe Lalo dies (at the hands of Gus) in Better Call, but Saul never learns that he died. Ignacio potentially could also die (without Saul ever learning so).

Season 4 [Breaking Bad]
    After conquering the cartel, Gus visits Hector at Casa Tranquila and sadistically informs him that every other Salamanca is dead, which suggests that Lalo died at some point in time. ("Crawl Space")
    https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Lalo_Salamanca
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-06-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Kind of curious about Saul's film crew too, but they probably make it and are just literally "behind the scenes" during Breaking Bad filming Saul's commercials.

Did anyone check out the premiere?

Yep, kind of continues a lot of Kim becoming more of a villain to the extent that even Jimmy/Saul seems to realize he's created a monster.

Some are speculating that perhaps instead of Kim's death, that she perhaps winds up in Prison or betrays Jimmy so much he embraces the Saul persona wholeheartedly.

There's also the continuing Hector/Gus/Lalo/Nacho stuff but it's largely it's own separate thing at this point, although Jimmy does accidentally name-drop Lalo.

Yep, kind of continues a lot of Kim becoming more of a villain to the extent that even Jimmy/Saul seems to realize he's created a monster.
    By "breaking bad" (and "failling" in some way via death/exile/redemption) Kim might break Jimmy McGill forever and truly make Saul Goodman.

Some are speculating that perhaps instead of Kim's death, that she perhaps winds up in Prison or betrays Jimmy so much he embraces the Saul persona wholeheartedly.

There's also the continuing Hector/Gus/Lalo/Nacho stuff but it's largely it's own separate thing at this point, although Jimmy does accidentally name-drop Lalo.
    I figured they would tie in by the end.

So.... in that opening where the people are packing up Saul's house, did he have a hidden room behind the walk-in closet? (maybe with a two-way mirror?) Was it just a panic room or for something else? Seeing the gold toilet, I actually wonder if this lavish lifestyle is going to turn out to be a cover of some sort, Saul trying to make someone think he's spending all his money when he's really diverting a big part of it somewhere else... (to Kim? Random theory. The stopper to that tequila bottle could mean several things, but one of them might be a nod that the opulance is put on and part of a con (like in the scene with Kim and the douchey finance guy))

Does anyone have any ideas why Mike went to all that trouble to plant evidence leading the Salamancas to Nacho's location? It was presumably on Gus's orders, but I'm not clear on the reasoning since Gus wouldn't want Nacho falling into their hands.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-22-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So.... in that opening where the people are packing up Saul's house, did he have a hidden room behind the walk-in closet? (maybe with a two-way mirror?) Was it just a panic room or for something else? Seeing the gold toilet, I actually wonder if this lavish lifestyle is going to turn out to be a cover of some sort, Saul trying to make someone think he's spending all his money when he's really diverting a big part of it somewhere else... (to Kim? Random theory. The stopper to that tequila bottle could mean several things, but one of them might be a nod that the opulance is put on and part of a con (like in the scene with Kim and the douchey finance guy))

Does anyone have any ideas why Mike went to all that trouble to plant evidence leading the Salamancas to Nacho's location? It was presumably on Gus's orders, but I'm not clear on the reasoning since Gus wouldn't want Nacho falling into their hands.
    Gus wanted to hide his involvement with Nacho. So Mike planted a fake bank statement for a Peruvian bank. Plus Gus never cared for Nacho so him getting killed by the Twins is a weight of his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Gus wanted to hide his involvement with Nacho. So Mike planted a fake bank statement for a Peruvian bank. Plus Gus never cared for Nacho so him getting killed by the Twins is a weight of his shoulders.
    Yes, and the name of his hotel was written on the bank statement, which lead them to him. But then later in the episode, Gus is freaking out (for him, that is) that Nacho is going to get caught and spill the beans about working for him - did he suddenly think the bank statements weren't enough? Why would Gus lead the Salamancas to Nacho when there's a decent chance they're going question him? Why not send his own guys or Mike (or literally anyone else) to kill Nacho. And why was that guy tasked to simply watch Nacho all that time rather than just kill him? Give him a gun without a firing pin, then have that guy take out Nacho before he realizes. I don't see Gus as being sloppy, but I guess that's the only explanation?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-23-2022 at 07:40 PM.

I think Gus' plan was to put the suspicion off of him. But he was too clever for himself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wasn't there a third Nacho girl apart from the two Mike told to run away?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, and the name of his hotel was written on the bank statement, which lead them to him. But then later in the episode, Gus is freaking out (for him, that is) that Nacho is going to get caught and spill the beans about working for him - did he suddenly think the bank statements weren't enough? Why would Gus lead the Salamancas to Nacho when there's a decent chance they're going question him? Why not send his own guys or Mike (or literally anyone else) to kill Nacho. And why was that guy tasked to simply watch Nacho all that time rather than just kill him? Give him a gun without a firing pin, then have that guy take out Nacho before he realizes. I don't see Gus as being sloppy, but I guess that's the only explanation?
    I thought Gus legitimately underestimated the Salamancas. He thought they were just gonna kill him without a second thought. What changed was he realized Lalo was still alive. Compared to the other Salamancas, Lalo is harder to predict and less rash.

To answer the second part, I figured Gus wanted to be appear uninvolved and behind the curb. He wanted to avoid suspicion so Nacho dying mysteriously wouldn't help.