Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Gus legitimately underestimated the Salamancas. He thought they were just gonna kill him without a second thought. What changed was he realized Lalo was still alive. Compared to the other Salamancas, Lalo is harder to predict and less rash.

To answer the second part, I figured Gus wanted to be appear uninvolved and behind the curb. He wanted to avoid suspicion so Nacho dying mysteriously wouldn't help.
    Okay. Although at the beginning of the episode when he was on the phone and being told about Nacho's betrayal, the guy said, "We'll soon find out who he works for." So I guess that motivated him to get Mike to plant the evidence - to answer the question of who he works for, then figured they'd kill him after being satisfied by the planted evidence, plus giving Nacho a loaded gun and being told shoot anyone who comes through the door. I guess that makes sense even if Gus obviously misplayed his hand.

spoilers:
    RIP Ignacio Varga
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Or...maybe Lalo dies (at the hands of Gus) in Better Call, but Saul never learns that he died. Ignacio potentially could also die (without Saul ever learning so).

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Lalo_Salamanca
    There's actually kind of an out for this I think as Lalo faked his death-although I'm pretty sure Gus suspects that. Maybe he can fake his death again? He may have other "Matheos".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

We're seeing that Saul's name drops in Breaking Bad do not necessarily correspond with those name dropped being alive. Apparently, Saul just doesn't learn the truth about the fates of some people in the criminal world.

Which makes sense of course considering nervous cowardly Saul Goodman tries to keep some distance from seeing or knowing many things in order to give himself some protection legally (and physically).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-28-2022 at 12:27 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    We're seeing that Saul's name drops in Breaking Bad do not necessarily correspond with those name dropped being alive. Apparently, Saul just doesn't learn the truth about the fates of some people in the criminal world.

Which makes sense of course considering nervous cowardly Saul Goodman tries to keep some distance from seeing or knowing many things in order to give himself some protection legally (and physically).
    My thought is that Saul will become a rat (do you want to be a friend of the Cartell or a rat?) in some way and that's what he'll blame on Nacho. I think he will know Nacho is dead because blaming a dead guy is easy and he's still a decent guy and wouldn't want to place someone in danger. It also makes it more ironic that Saul keeps calling himself "a friend of the cartell" if it turns out he chose to be a rat.

Regarding Episode 4:
    -- Great job by Rhea Seahorn directing this one. I especially appreciated all those wide shots of Saul in his Howard disguise to show us how he really could look like Howard from a distance.
    -- While I really l liked seeing Kim and Mike meet, it seemed like the only reason that scene existed was to see them meet. We're programmed to trust Mike's opinion, but in terms of exposure it makes no sense that Mike wouldn't just go to Saul. Not a big deal, but still...
    -- It continues to be sad anytime we see Jimmy and Kim not communicating and being honest with each other. What was once a beneficial bond they shared has become a toxic relationship where they drag out the worst of each other. (and whilst being on the same team - in the Howard scheme at least -- that's dramatic irony)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-04-2022 at 05:52 AM.

Regardless of how much it makes sense, it occurred to me that I actually want Gus and Lalo to fight to the death. We never see Gus explode, and this would be an epic one. I also think there's a reason they spent so much time setting up Gus's ... set up with the two houses. We'll need to know it for later.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Regardless of how much it makes sense, it occurred to me that I actually want Gus and Lalo to fight to the death. We never see Gus explode, and this would be an epic one. I also think there's a reason they spent so much time setting up Gus's ... set up with the two houses. We'll need to know it for later.
    According to Esposito, his backstory for Gus was he served in the Chilean army. He specifically mentioned the dictator Pinochet's Reign. So maybe Gus knew some hand to hand skills? Granted they probably would've atrophied over the years. If anything I see Mike and Lalo fighting more than Gus.

Wouldn't be the first Salamanca Mike's fought...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    he's still a decent guy and wouldn't want to place someone in danger.
    That's pretty debatable (and it doesn't perhaps much matter whether we're talking about Jimmy as he is right now or Saul), they both can be seen as pretty bad and don't seem so decent. Greedy, harms people and their livelihoods and the legal system and his overall community to advance his own interests, bad influence on other people (especially Kim), lack of remorse about Chuck, etc.

My thought is that Saul will become a rat (do you want to be a friend of the Cartell or a rat?) in some way
    I don't see how that could be given the events of Breaking Bad, but who knows.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-05-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

-- Howard just reminds me of Skyler's boss. I'm concerned things are going to get out of control and he is going to meet a bad end as well because of Kim and Saul's actions.
    -- I think Kim is pursuing this Howard plan because she's acting out against Saul. His actions in the desert and having Lalo come to their home shook her and she's resentful that he dragged her into danger. So now she's taking control by enacting this dangerous plan and dragging Saul along, pushing him to do more bad things - to become Saul as a way to hurt Jimmy. And she picked Howard because he's a sheep - ever since Chuck's death, he's been showing such weakness, that she subconsciously despises him for it and like any wolf, feels compelled to devour him.

Man I saw a predeiction on reddit about Kim that made me so sad and and almost every episode seems to suggest that it's true. There were some moments where Jimmy and her were laughing that made my heart warm up, and made my think twice about that prediction but I still think it's true.

I might ne the only person in the world thatloves Better Call Daul but didn't care for Breaking Bad. I realky hope the Jesse and Walter cameos are short as **** because I don't wanna waste time on those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Man I saw a predeiction on reddit about Kim that made me so sad
    You shouldn't be too surprised. Logically, all of Kim's potential fates involve a lot of sad:

1) Most optimistically, she ends up broken hearted (by Jimmy's betrayal or failings) for a long time, but leaves ABQ of her own volition to resume her legal career. Maybe reunites or makes peace with Gene after the events of BB.

2) Most pessimistically, she is ruined mentally and emotionally and careerwise (disbarred perhaps) forever and basically forced out of ABQ long fearing for her life (like Gene), or, you know...she dies.

That's the spectrum of possibilities as I see it, all involving a good deal of sad. So cheer up, because you no longer have to wonder, a sad end for Kim Wexler is inevitable, inescapable.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-06-2022 at 08:50 AM.

There's a third option, but I won't spoil you in case the reddit theory is correct.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Kim dies, there's no way we would see the cheerful, funny Saul of BB. She could end disbarred, in jail or with a vacuum cleaner man trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If Kim dies, there's no way we would see the cheerful, funny Saul of BB. She could end disbarred, in jail or with a vacuum cleaner man trip.
    Or something worse than all those 4 options. Man I really hope I'm wrong