Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

-- Kim's awake at 3:17 and can't sleep. 3:17 looks like the word "LIE" - no coincidence there.

Kind of interesting side-trip to Europe with Lalo. Also we see the return of Francesca, as we all know she's there in BB. Howard is also going on defense against Jimmy/Saul at last, which could make things bad for Kim, although it seems that maybe Kim planned for that scenario too...

Also we're reminded that Gus is not the most sane person. Kim of course is also worried about Lalo as well, but not obsessively so.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Howard is also going on defense against Jimmy/Saul at last, which could make things bad for Kim
    But could make things much (fatally) worse for Howard if that PI should dare see Saul interact with a Salamanca or a Fring or even any place or event or gathering that that PI shouldn't see (and someone witnesses that PI see it). I cringed a bit when I saw that PI scene, the dramatic irony of us knowing some things (the representation of Lalo, etc) that Howard doesn't (seem to) know.

Howard doesn't know it, but he could be flying too close to the sun.

In a strange way, the criminal underworld may save Jimmy/Saul from his civilian enemies. By heading in the criminal direction (and since he offers something valuable to the criminal underworld), by allying with very dangerous paranoid people, Saul is unwittingly walking into a potential umbrella of some protection.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-11-2022 at 01:40 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

-- Interesting that Kim has been taking her meetings in that restaurant. In this world, bad people take meetings in restaurants in lieu of having an office - from Mike in that diner to the Slamancas and Nacho taking their meetings. Does this mean there's hope for Saul who just moved into an office? Well, as opposed to everyone else,(so far) he does live...
    -- We see Gus plant a gun at the dig-site, but more than that, he paced out how far it was from the plug. As though he intends to pull the plug, killing the lights and be able to find the gun in the dark...?
    -- Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure what proof Lalo thinks he has. Gus has already explained to the Cartel why he was digging underground, (I think he said it was for a refrigeration system) and from the keepsake, Lalo has a lead on Werner's men? But I don't think any of Werner's men knew what Gus was making.
    -- I like how this ep played with our emotions. The whole episode leading up to Lalo's appearance was everyone afraid of what he was going to do. So of course when we see him, we're primed to expect Werner's wife to die (or the dog), and they really dragged it out. But since she lives, we're told, "Wait for it..." Lalo hasn't begun to strike. It's coming...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-12-2022 at 05:50 AM.

Anybody else think that Kim's mother was Rhea Seehorn in heavy makeup/wig at first? Really had a similar look/voice down. Pretty good casting.

Mid-season finale is tonight. Supposed to be another game-changer.

Helluva episode. The ending didn't surprise me too much, but what a moment. The moment spoilers:
    Howard
    end of spoilers starting talking up revenge....I knew what the fate was going to be.

For main characters not on BB, it's most logical to figure they left town or are dead...and I've realized that the "leaving town" thing is gonna be perceived by writers, directors, and producers as....well, boring (insufficiently dramatic). That's not to say that we won't see any runaways, any escapees from ABQ, we could see that, but we're seeing that death is gonna be the more opted-for end for many characters (Chuck, Nacho, Lalo (does anyone truly think Lalo survives this season?), etc)

It feels like Gus vs Lalo might shift to a dangerous deception game of trying to use Saul (& Kim) to get at the other. And we know Gus, Saul, and Mike survive this game. Feels like Saul maybe will have to choose which devil he's gonna side with, will Saul sell his soul in the process?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-24-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

We know that Lalo dies because of "The Salamanca name dies with you" by Gus back in s03 of BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    We know that Lalo dies because of "The Salamanca name dies with you" by Gus back in s03 of BB.
    Obviously, it's possible Gus only thinks Lalo's dead. We all know Saul references Lalo in his first appearance in "BB", whatever that means. It's possible Lalo dies between those two episodes as well and this show will cover that time period.

Maybe Kim feels guilt-ridden about Howard and is fearful enough of Jimmy/Saul's involvement with the cartel that she just goes up and leaves...and maybe later returns to "Gene" at the end.

Could be misleading but this suggests maybe things won't end up for "Gene" the way they did for Walt. Maybe, like Jessie he gets a second chance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH8whgAREtw

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Could be misleading but this suggests maybe things won't end up for "Gene" the way they did for Walt. Maybe, like Jessie he gets a second chance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH8whgAREtw
    That video means little to me, could be quite misleading. What does mean something to me however is that Jimmy/Saul has been openly (repeatedly) compared to a cockroach.* So, yeah, I think Jimmy/Saul/Gene survives, I've always thought that....second chance?...what if Gene's second chance is becoming a (less afraid) used car salesman, becoming another con man to continue his life of crimes/cons? I could totally see that as well.

*V.Gilligan in 2014: "We thought to ourselves, 'Saul Goodman is kind of like a cockroach, in the sense that he’s probably going to survive all nuclear wars and he’ll still be out there somewhere after mankind has become extinct. He’s a survivor and therefore it’d be weird if he didn’t survive."
    https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...ld-have-ended/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-24-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Personally I see Kim leaving Saul to go to work for the new East Coast law firm as that would be her dream job. As we know from BB Saul stays, so maybe he will give his blessing for her to move on.
    Hail Hydra!

Kind of wondering how the cover-up is going to work for this. Given how Clifford and the others thought about his mental state, that could be one excuse they make for either the death or mysterious disappearance.

RIP Howard Hamlin. His death felt very meta as the cartel side snuffed out the fun lawyer side. I got spoiled but damn that was visceral.

Astonishing Member

Wow….I did not see that coming.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.