Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It was pretty telegraphed that he'd die somehow (the birds-eye view of the stairwell, the drink driving), but they're colossal jerks for that level of gaslighting. Just watching them thinking "what the hell is wrong with you?".

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Wow….I did not see that coming.
    Yeah, sometimes a show knows how to deliver something in stunning fashion even if you know it's coming to some degree. They know you know it's coming, but it's about the "how." I was 95% sure something would get out of hand with their plan and Howard would meet a bad fate, like Skyler's boss who tripped and fell. But waiting for it, and seeing how they actually did it was not what I expected.

In terms of the payoff to the Lalo story, I really want to see Gus unhinged and see them in a brutal fight to the death. They're the two most composed ruthless killers on the show (even moreso than the twins, who I think are less "composed" and are just soulless) - it would be cathartic to see them let loose; no more plans or machinations or pretense. Just fight to see who lives.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Rich Schweikart & Cliff Main....those are the legal lives that Saul & Kim won't have, at least not in ABQ. Nothing is guaranteed for anyone (see Howard), but unconnected civilians are infinitely less likely to die in cartel activity. (Frankly, it's a good bit unrealistic that normally-smart Lalo didn't wait until Howard left, we have to assume Lalo is just really unhinged, or assume Lalo partly did it because he was listening carefully and actively trying to help Saul stay out of legal trouble)

Saul & Kim have had all these opportunities to go the authorities, and this is what can happen when you don't.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-25-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Very interesting Odenkirk interview and excerpt on how Jimmy/Saul/Gene's story may end:
    We’ve spent the good part of an hour dancing around what’s to come in the show’s remaining episodes. Odenkirk can’t tell me, and I don’t want to know. But without getting into specifics, it would seem that Odenkirk may have finally won his long-standing argument with the series’ writers, allowing Saul to step past his resentments.

“You know, I’ve had my bitterness and frustrations, but whenever I see that at play, especially in a choice I’m going to make, I say, ‘That’s bull—. That is not a way to move forward,’” Odenkirk says. “And with Saul, I’ve always told Peter and Vince that sometimes people learn the right lessons and not the most selfish, resentful lesson from a bad thing that’s happened to them. They become bigger and more gracious and not smaller and ground-down.

“This is not a spoiler, what I’m saying here,” Odenkirk adds. “It’s weird, because it sounds like maybe I’m pitching that Saul becomes this goodhearted, generous, caring person. I can’t tell you where he ends up, but it’s not like he has some revelation of humanity. I think he gets to …” Odenkirk pauses. “I think I’ve said all I can say. But I like where his journey ends. And I think you’ll like it too.”
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...l-final-season

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Maybe he'll turn himself in.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It does seemingly fit with Odenkirk's vague comments, but also, probably other more/less drastic possible outcomes do fit as well as far as "Gene" letting go of Jimmy/Saul's "bitterness and frustrations."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-26-2022 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That feels like a good bookend to the show.

Also last time we saw Gene looked like he was going to use the Vacuum guy to set up a new identity when discovered by the cab guy but then decided on another course of action. "I'll fix it myself." Although of course his actions have gotten others killed, I can't quite see Saul himself 'silencing' the Taxi guy. So maybe he just gives up.

God, that most recent episode was incredible. This and Breaking Bad are simply my two favourite tv shows ever. Love it.
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 05-26-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Anyone catch the return episode?

spoilers:
    RIP Eduardo Salamanca
    end of spoilers

I haven't seen it yet, but that might explain the eventual fly.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone catch the return episode?

spoilers:
    RIP Eduardo Salamanca
    end of spoilers
    Surprised that happened with 5 episodes to go. And spoilers:
    what an ungracious end for poor Howard
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Rhea Seahorn was the MVP of this ep (and probably of this season) - she knocked it out of the park, imo.

So this pretty much I think brings the Gus/Salamanca relationship up to the point in BB more or less? Except for maybe Tuco getting out of jail and taking care of Hector?

Speaking of bringing things up to BB, anybody watch the last episode?