Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I loved this issue! Most enjoyment I have gotten out of a X-Men comic in a long time. Looking forward to seeing all these plots unfold. All the characterization was on point.

Really the only little thing I didn't like about the issue was Cable just quickly and easily "telekinetically cutting off" Vulcan's carotid artery. That's just a personal pet peeve/dislike on my part though. I just don't like attacks like that or Magneto messing with the metal in the blood type attacks. First because it is a lame and boring way of ending a conflict and second because there is no explanation for why telekinetics don't always just end every fight that way if it is so easy and effective.

Yes! Thunderbird was my favorite part of the issue. He was so awesome and I LOVE that there is FINALLY a character calling out a lot of the characters on their crap and not just going along with everything and being "lagoon buds" with everyone under the sun(especially with the villains). About the last time I saw some real friction in the ranks and bucking of the authority was Gambit speaking out against council member Apocalypse 's, plans and going behind his back to get Rachel to help the comatose Rogue. I've missed really strongly opinionated and headstrong characters and real interpersonal conflicts between characters in the X-Verse. The X-Men used to have fights about morals, killing versus not killing, forgiveness, and all kinds of other things all the time back in the old days. Nobody was just a drone who just went along with everything just because the higher ups said so.

Agree with all this!

So glad there is, although it made for some fun moments I imagined were cannon.

Gorgon and Logan drinking together

“So remember how we first met with me feeding the child of some your friends to pigs?”

“Yep. Good times buddy. Good times”

But yes, this was a old issue

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Ok so quick thoughts. REALLY don't like the idea of non mutant Arakko people. Heck I really don't even like the idea of human passing Arrako mutants. Its like the writer missed the whole vibe that the Arakko mutants were giving visually.

Thunderbird was he always so aggro? Also they did Vulcan dirty I mean goodness he is suppose to be a Omega lv mutant and they treated him like he was a C list villain lol.

Brand is doing a good job of being annoying so she is doing her job well.

I like the idea of Isca not wanting to vote since everything always goes her way. It's the only way to really add any excitement to her life considering she always gets what she wants.

Storms battle of wanting to protect Arrako and its people free will with out flat out ruling them is an interesting balance.
    ...Graydon Creed. I got no idea why humans can't exist on Arrako considering it's cannons mutants can have human children. Unless this is just more "Eww, Flatscans"

And about a dozen people have advanced theories about him secretly having powers.
    Last edited by Saithor; 04-07-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    It was definitely ominous as hell that Idyll voted for war and a return to Amenth, especially since it put her on the same side as Tarn, who by all accounts she hates with a passion, so.....you gotta wonder what she's seen that she figures going back to war with an enemy who defeated and occupied them once already like, is the better option in her view.
    Soooo true. What in the world has Idyll seen for her to vote for war? Dang precogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think it will be Fisher King, White Sword and Genesis/Apocalypse. Apocalypse manipulating Arrako behind the scenes as a member of the Night Table would be perfect.
    Yes! I absolutely love the idea of •-[A]-• having influence from behind the scenes. His beloved homeland is now a planet. Big •-[A]-• isn't missing out on this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Soooo true. What in the world has Idyll seen for her to vote for war? Dang precogs.

Yes! I absolutely love the idea of •-[A]-• having influence from behind the scenes. His beloved homeland is now a planet. Big •-[A]-• isn't missing out on this.
    Arrako: My liege, what advice do you have for us to get rid of the Pretender Storm?
    Apocalypse: Have you tried grooming an underage girl into having an extremely powerful mutant child with you?
    Arrako:....no my lord
    Apocalypse: Well, I'm out of ideas. Just try to kill her yourself until I come up with a new one.

It makes sense that there are fewer humans on Amenth, there's nothing strange about that. Generation after generation of war and more war would guarantee that the mutants with the most useful powers for war would survive and have children and those with no useful powers would die without offspring.

Humans from Arakko may of course exist, but in general evolutionary pressure should make them rare.

It's the same reason why there are far more mutants on Arakko with extreme physical modifications than there are on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah I think storm by ewing has shut this whole ridiculous notion that the krakoans are colonisers. Arakko is a newly resurrected world and belonged to no one when the mutants claimed it. The solar system in the face of the galactic council is essentially a getho, earth is soo fractured with doom and rider both represented earth on the galactic council at the same time, also who nominated rider? Who nominated doom?

Well then all political power in the sol system has been consolidated into the planet arakko they offered a means to protect and revive the galaxy and the galaxy in turn recognises arakko as the voice of the system. Earth has its representative ofcourse in Victor (again who gave him the right and why are yall not that pressed on him instead).

Anyways I believe this Iis the high level politics that Gillen was referring to when he spoke about x-men red and arakko.
    Rider was part of the Nova Corps, which was the Galactic council police force. Don’t know the whole history, but being part of a branch of the galactic council I assume he took responsibility for representing Earth since he was the only Earthling to be apart of the Nova Corps at the time and understood that most galactic superpowers should have someone to talk to if their was a problem the concerned the Earth. As for Victor that’s just his ego as he doesn’t represent the Earth at all.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Rider was part of the Nova Corps, which was the Galactic council police force. Don’t know the whole history, but being part of a branch of the galactic council I assume he took responsibility for representing Earth since he was the only Earthling to be apart of the Nova Corps at the time and understood that most galactic superpowers should have someone to talk to if their was a problem the concerned the Earth. As for Victor that’s just his ego as he doesn’t represent the Earth at all.
    Yeah but like the earth citizens didnt have a say in him representing them though. He just got up and sort of did it without the entire planet's consent. It's kinda like how people are saying that krakoa just got up and decided to represent sol yet only krakoa seems to be getting hate from fans concerning this, same thing with doom or we are gonna chalk that up to oh he is a bad guy that's just who he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah but like the earth citizens didnt have a say in him representing them though. He just got up and sort of did it without the entire planet's consent. It's kinda like how people are saying that krakoa just got up and decided to represent sol yet only krakoa seems to be getting hate from fans concerning this, same thing with doom or we are gonna chalk that up to oh he is a bad guy that's just who he is.
    I mean, if you want to equate the X-men and Dr. Doom that's on you. I don't think anyone here has any delusions that at his best Doom is a spiteful arrogant jackass.

Richard Rider was not chosen by anyone on Earth as a representative. The galactic powers searched for someone to fit the role and he was the only human they found. (There was also Star-Lord but let's be serious).

Victor is not part of the Galactic Council. He just walked into a meeting uninvited looking for a fight.

In the end who represents the Solar System is something that the Council decides, not the Solar System. Just as the UN decided that it would be China and not Taiwan that would occupy the seat of the Security Council.

The situation is exactly the same as when Jane Foster was Earth's representative in the Congress of Worlds (Nine Realms stuff) in Thor. Did anyone vote for her? No, Thor said "You, who are my friend" and that's it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean, if you want to equate the X-men and Dr. Doom that's on you. I don't think anyone here has any delusions that at his best Doom is a spiteful arrogant jackass.
    Well that's kind of the point tho if Doom had claimed Mars for Latveria it would of been "Doom being Doom" to some fans but when Krakoa does it it suddenly becomes "How dare those cultish xenophobic muties do something like this!" *shakes fist*

Especially since at the end of the day I'd rather the fate of the Sol system in the X-Men's hands than Doom's anyday.
    Last edited by loke13; 04-07-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well that's kind of the point tho if Doom had claimed Mars for Latveria it would of been "Doom being Doom" to some fans but when Krakoa does it it suddenly becomes "How dare those cultish xenophobic muties do something like this!" *shakes fist*

Especially since at the end of the day I'd rather the fate of the Sol system in the X-Men's hands than Doom's anyday.
    I have no horse in this race, but it seems to me that people seeing something as expected for a villain should be a shocked when the heroes do it. The whole 'Scott is becoming Magneto' arc was set up that way, only this time Hickman pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well said.

With respect to my view of this book...11 out of 10! Such a GREAT read. I love Ewing's grasp of the cast. The writing combined with the amazing art and colors just made this THE BOOK of 2022 so far. So... Cable! Cable! Cable! Had me dying! He was such a savage in how he slayed John Proudstar and made me literally lol. I am looking forward to where this series goes with Nathan. I like the new look (artist nails him pretty well IMHO) and besides his skillful bad ass use of TK on Vulcan I am eager to see what is going on with his arm.
    Right!? Such a great scene. That little bit of Cable was the most entertained I’ve been by an X-book in years.

As for some saying he was unduly harsh or that his “you had a plane to catch” comment was a low blow… I don’t agree. He was making the point that John needed to calm down and not be such a hothead, as is his nature. The fight was over, and it was time to chill out. John, true to form, was having a hard time doing that and decided to get in Cable’s face about enlisting his little brother as a soldier in his war. To which Cable rightly pointed out that John was not around for James, while he was. And why was he not around? Because of his hothead temperament. So I thought it was savage, but fair. Where’s the lie, as they say?

Thunderbird is going to make such a great addition to this cast. His disdain for the Summers clan is palpable, and will make for interesting interactions between him and Cable. Storm vs Nameless! I wanted more! Bad ass and impactful fight scene. I still want to see what was Storm's motivation for pursuing not only a seat on the GR, but THE SEAT on the GR. Storm was regal, powerful, and the gravity and challenge of what she is looking to do for Arrako was keenly felt. And it seems the threat Brand represents is going to come up a lot sooner than I thought was. The ending was awesome with Storm looking to start up the Brotherhood of Mutants. I am wondering if we will see Red Roots rescue in Red or X-Men. Any way wish issue #2 was not delayed a week, but I ate good today.
    Agreed. I’m loving Thunderbird as this book’s Wolverine, to what I guess will be Cable’s Cyclops. Having said that, once the eventual throw down between them occurs (because it has to) I’m hoping they become friends. Or at least develop a mutual respect for one another. After all, both have had hard lives and both are former soldiers. I could see Cable connecting with John over those things, especially since in the future where he grew up he and the Clan Chosen fought against the ruling New Canaanites and the High Lords (including Apocalypse) who slaughtered and enslaved “flatscans” with impunity. So he definitely knows about persecution, as well as war. Makes me think at some point they bond… after a healthy period of rivalry, of course. Logan and Scott style, only not in a three-way polyamorous relationship with anyone.

And I’m very happy for the hardcore Storm fans right now. I’ve always been a fan of her as a character so I’m thrilled to see her headlining a book this good. Can’t wait for next issue.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cable almost sent John back to the Hatchery with that roast.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I loved how Storm put Brand in her place when she suggested the X-Men had colonised Mars. (I think Ewing must be aware on some level the conversations being had on-line on that topic in particular and needed to have it addressed.) It's a question of the context in which it's used...Storm rightly pointed out and why Brand switched to "appropriated" instead, which, semantically speaking, is somewhat closer the truth.

But for Brand to suggest that the Mutants colonised Mars (the way Britain and Spain colonised the Caribbean Islands, eg) is patently false and deserved a hard back-hand. As I said earlier, Brand will get what's coming to her and I will rejoice.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Colonization of other planets means something completely different than colonizing an already inhabited terrestial land. People have been speaking and writing about the colonization of Mars, Venus, Luna, Europe, Ganymede and Titan for decades, and nobody thought it was a loaded or offensive word...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Colonization of other planets means something completely different than colonizing an already inhabited terrestial land. People have been speaking and writing about the colonization of Mars, Venus, Luna, Europe, Ganymede and Titan for decades, and nobody thought it was a loaded or offensive word...
    Brand certainly intended it as a loaded and offensive word.