Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Having not read the end of SWORD, is Brand fully on board with Orchis? There isnt a chance that she's a double agent and secretly working against them?
    My understanding is that she's really out for herself more than anything and is neither really on board with Orchis or really on board with mutants.

Having not read the end of SWORD, is Brand fully on board with Orchis? There isnt a chance that she's a double agent and secretly working against them?
    One reader's take(who finished S.W.O.R.D. in it's entirety...)?

Brand is on her own side. That seemingly prevents her from actually being on anyone's "Side..." no matter who she is throwing in with as things go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My understanding is that she's really out for herself more than anything and is neither really on board with Orchis or really on board with mutants.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Exactly, and it is kind of weird but I feel that Hickman's vision is finally realized in other titles right after Hickman leaves. I feel that Ewing and Gillen are capable of writing Hickman level of Scifi but have a better handle of the characters and a much clear direction. To me Red and Immortal ARE the flagship from now on, and X-Men can be the adventure title and more superhero of the 3. I really don't need the rest of the line, but I am glad that it is there for those who do.
    The potential problem is that there is no longer anyone at the helm with a clear vision. Hickman spent a lot of time coordinating the entire line with that "Head of X" job they came up with and I don't know if they've found a way to do all that work or if each comic ends up going their own way in a non-unified way.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Brand's thing is she's just like well no man is an island, but nobody ever said anything about girlbosses....

I am not a fan of Storm's new look, especially the thigh cutouts. Blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The potential problem is that there is no longer anyone at the helm with a clear vision. Hickman spent a lot of time coordinating the entire line with that "Head of X" job they came up with and I don't know if they've found a way to do all that work or if each comic ends up going their own way in a non-unified way.
    I mean, there's still an editor in charge of the line, and a group in charge. The synergy between books so far in Destiny has felt strong. Give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I mean, there's still an editor in charge of the line, and a group in charge. The synergy between books so far in Destiny has felt strong. Give them a chance.
    Historically, editors have not been in charge of that as much as managing the day-to-day of the line.White admitted in an interview that they didn't even have a text document with the plot lines or anything like that, that they kept everything from memory. That is precisely why they invented a new position.

But if they have found a way to manage it, I will be glad to be wrong.

Great issue. I like how Ewing is able to balance a large cast unlike a lot of writers in this era.

My favorite parts were...
    1. The shade thrown at Thunderbird by Cable. Talk about evisceration.
    2. Mags telling Roberto to tuck in his shirt. (Please don't enter the House of M looking like a slob!)
    3. How rocks conveniently cover the junk of Kobak.

Shame issue 2 got delayed by a week as this really left you wanting more. I think this and IMX 1 were equal in terms of how good they were. I hope this level of quality can be maintained going further.

Kobak Never-Held deserves to be held. I hope he joins the Brotherhood.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Great first issue. I love it. And I will definitely be rereading once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Great issue. I like how Ewing is able to balance a large cast unlike a lot of writers in this era.

My favorite parts were...
    1. The shade thrown at Thunderbird by Cable. Talk about evisceration.
    Obviously my single favorite part, but I loved this whole issue start to finish. Other notable Cable things for me:

2. His new arm which looks much more technarch inspired, only black and blue (as opposed to yellow like Warlock); we got a glimpse of this look for his T-O arm at the end of S.W.O.R.D. after he over-exerted himself guiding the falling Peak space station through the wormhole that Manifold created to send it back out into space (rather than crashing to Earth in Australia)... it appears that something has changed with the virus and I look forward to finding out what exactly.
    3. Him using his TK in a creative way to cut off Gabriel's carotid artery and knock him out.

Good $#!t for this Nathan Summers fan. And if anyone is "mutant royalty", Uncle Gabe, it's the Askani'son aka the Chosen One.

Shame issue 2 got delayed by a week as this really left you wanting more. I think this and IMX 1 were equal in terms of how good they were. I hope this level of quality can be maintained going further.
    Agreed re: the delay being a bummer. This issue was amazing and I cannot wait for the next installment. I'd actually put it above IXM slightly myself.

Ewing used every character to great effect... Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Vulcan, Cable, Thunderbird, Isca, the Fisher King, Brand, etc. I feel confident he can maintain that balance the level of quality on this book.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I really hope Khora of the Burning Heart joins this title as well. She is after all an Ewin creation and fit thematically in the comic.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-06-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Kobak Never-Held deserves to be held. I hope he joins the Brotherhood.

is that a rock penis?

is that a rock penis?
    It's a rock loincloth.