Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yet another new PROJECT SUPERPOWERS series from Dynamite

On sale this week:

PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: FRACTURED STATES #1
    As the nation is torn apart, someone is murdering all the patriotic heroes.
    A mysterious amnesiac awakens in a sealed underground base, naked and abandoned. This John Doe emerges to the year 2052, where the entire Project Superpowers Universe has been turned on its head. The United States is no more, ravaged by environmental disaster, and fragmented into warring regions. The Black Terror is now many - revolutionaries trying to save the republic. But who IS John Doe? Why can't he remember anything? And does his presence in this brave new world bring its salvation...or its doom?
    Writer: Ron Marz, Andy Lanning
    Artist: Emilio Utrera
    Genre: SuperHero
    Publication Date: April 2022
    Page Count: 32
    ON SALE DATE: 04/06/2022
    Price: $3.99

https://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewP...13031882401011

And as for the gazillion variant covers that Dynamite is known for,
    Cover A: Mike Rooth
    UPC: 725130318824 01011
    Cover B: Gary Frank
    UPC: 725130318824 01021
    Cover C: Geraldo Borges
    UPC: 725130318824 01031
    Cover D: Paula Andrade
    UPC: 725130318824 01041
    Cover E: Rus Wooten
    UPC: 725130318824 01051
    Cover F: Blank Authentix
    UPC: 725130318824 01061

Astonishing Member

And yet another dystopian future as if there ws nothing in the past or present that they could write about. Project Superpowers was one of the greats when it began but I can't recall the last release of a mini under that umbrella that was enjoyable.

Was just getting ready to start a thread on this. Read it and enjoyed it. Set around 30 years into the future, so it can be seen as a continuation of the original "Chapters" series. Enjoyed how they avoided the obvious route of the bearded stranger being Black Terror - at this point I'm leaning toward the Liberator, but have no real idea. Also really curious who the villain who killed the Flag is. His profile looked like the Revolutionary from the "Meet the Bad Guys" mini from way back when - so that would be an interesting thing to see revisited. And I liked the art as well - it reminded me of Lau's work, who I think is really amazing.

So a good first issue in my opinion.

So the second issues out, and it really does seem like they're leaning into the one-shots and secondary mini's that accompanied the original P:SP chapters. Quite a bit of this issue involves the Clown - an adversary of Magno - who was in the P:SP Christmas Special I believe (one of the last things associated with the Chapter 1 & 2 storylines). Nice to see him show up, and interesting to see how it pertains to the current story.

There's a bit more with the mysterious figure killing the patriotic heroes (in this case I believe he takes on Man of War) - and who the person is that has amnesia. A bit of a quick read, but still enjoyable.

Okay this was good. This feels like "Chapter 4" - a genuine continuation of the "Chapter Chronology". Definitely enjoying this.

I noticed that Dynamite will also release Scarlet Sisters in upcoming months, is that going to be mini or one-shot?