Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    She's part of this kin Crimson, a group thst actually sounds very similar to the role the Fraternity of Raptors.... They too have been around for thousands and thousands of years protecting and guiding the long term interest of the Shi'ar.

I wonder if both groups are sooooo secret that they don't know about each.
    So Delphos is part of both that and the Imperial Guard???

I do like the fact they are using a long forgotten character though.

Wonder how Oracle feels that Delphos is back. They seemed to work together.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Delphos is part of both that and the Imperial Guard???

I do like the fact they are using a long forgotten character though.

Wonder how Oracle feels that Delphos is back. They seemed to work together.
    I didn't realise Delphos was an older character so I just read up on on her

And yes it seems she's is part of the guard but is an undercover agent of Kin Crimson. Though they can't be that secret because Gladiator knew who they were when she revealed herself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I didn't realise Delphos was an older character so I just read up on on her

And yes it seems she's is part of the guard but is an undercover agent of Kin Crimson. Though they can't be that secret because Gladiator knew who they were when she revealed herself.
    Gladiator is a former Emperor, so the Kin Crimson probably presented themselves to him just like they have done with Xandra.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Fortunately....unfortunately? There's more about this book that I do like than I dont, but the don'ts are pretty big ones. I'm sorry, but I just do not like the art what so ever. Likewise and normally I would trust Orlando especially after his magnificent Wonder Woman run, but Cassandra Nova? It was hard enough getting behind Apocalypse and Sinister (then Selene) playing good guys...but Nova? I can not see the X-Men going along with this at all.
    I will stick around. The good thing is that most artists hang onto a book for long, so hopefully Carlini will move on quickly enough and the Nova thing passes just as.

I think the level of cynicism surrounding the Shi'ar mystery is a bit much. We don't know much about the 1st generation of mutants.

If Apoc or Selene are the start of the 2nd wave of mutants everything before that is in the air. Now depending on the Deviant connection there could be an argument that the 1st generation of mutants started during the later stages of the Deviant empire of earth.

So my speculation is this

1)Deviants are created and form a empire over Earth
    2)Deviants breed with humans thus spreading DNA into human populous
    3)Some humans start developing/showing Deviant changes. While others just carry the DNA (1st gen mutants)
    4)Deviant empire fails and is forced underground
    5)Humans with no visual/power DNA fight/ attack Humans with Deviant visuals
    6)These Deviants form Orrako separate from the rest of humans. Creating a mutant nation

Astonishing Member

I think its more the time scale that's offputting? Like, I'm definitely curious to see where Orlando's going with this, but I gotta admit I roll my eyes at the 'two billion years in the past' thing because that scale seems so exaggerated and also unnecessary. Like, Avengers BC or whatever is just a million years in the past and that's very....umm okay, just as is. I mean, the entirety of human civilization spans a couple thousand decades at most. Yeah there was life on Earth going back at least 3.5 billion years or whatever, but its just.....two billion is a very big number to throw around, and I def have my own reservations that the story's not gonna end up Aaron-esque for that very reason. Marvel writers have too great a history of going over the top in the name of making a plot twist seem significant, when a lot of times its like, rein it in guys, fifty thousand years ago probably would have worked just as well. But if there's some super specific reason why two billion years ago was used, cool beans. But I do get why people are rolling their eyes at it and assuming the worst.

Astonishing Member

Everyone, everyone don’t worry

They just want to make Logan evolving into existence from an otter back when Jewish dinosaurs roamed the earth cannon finally. It’s going to be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Fortunately....unfortunately? There's more about this book that I do like than I dont, but the don'ts are pretty big ones. I'm sorry, but I just do not like the art what so ever. Likewise and normally I would trust Orlando especially after his magnificent Wonder Woman run, but Cassandra Nova? It was hard enough getting behind Apocalypse and Sinister (then Selene) playing good guys...but Nova? I can not see the X-Men going along with this at all.
    I will stick around. The good thing is that most artists hang onto a book for long, so hopefully Carlini will move on quickly enough and the Nova thing passes just as.
    I mean it's not like people are embracing Cassandra with open arms and she's definitely not being written as sympathetic. So I don't have a problem with it the Marauders are wary of her and rightfully so she definitely has an ulterior motive for joining up.

I really don't think this is gonna be some redemption arc for her character.

Can't wait to see the ancient mutants.

I hope they aren’t all this one is a cat and all feline/lupine mutants are descendants. This one is a telekinetic so now all TK mutants are descendants, etc.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Cassandra Nova was the only highlight on this book for me. Otherwise I thought it was pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope they aren’t all this one is a cat and all feline/lupine mutants are descendants. This one is a telekinetic so now all TK mutants are descendants, etc.
    SHHHH! Don't give them ideas! They already tried this with Romulus/Wolverine/Sabretooth.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

It's two billion years. There's not much they can do with this that isn't going to turn the history of mutants into so much convoluted spaghetti. First, the Shi'ar apparently shouldn't even be around that long, they are supposedly younger than the Skrull and Kree empires, who are nowhere near that old either. What are ancient mutants anyway? Because this is 1.5 billion years before the Cambrian Explosion. It's almost half the age of the earth. Hell, the Eternals are only a million years old. Unless time travel or otter-wolverine is involved there is noway to make this not look silly, or keep up the idea that mutants are the next step in evolution when they may end up predating animals capable of living on land.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

According to the sliding time scale...2B years is roughly 500K in real time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It's two billion years. There's not much they can do with this that isn't going to turn the history of mutants into so much convoluted spaghetti. First, the Shi'ar apparently shouldn't even be around that long, they are supposedly younger than the Skrull and Kree empires, who are nowhere near that old either. What are ancient mutants anyway? Because this is 1.5 billion years before the Cambrian Explosion. It's almost half the age of the earth. Hell, the Eternals are only a million years old. Unless time travel or otter-wolverine is involved there is noway to make this not look silly, or keep up the idea that mutants are the next step in evolution when they may end up predating animals capable of living on land.
    Two billion years ago there wasn't anything more advanced that bacteria on Earth.

As for the Shi'ar, their empire isn't even a million years old...