Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Two billion years ago there wasn't anything more advanced that bacteria on Earth.

As for the Shi'ar, their empire isn't even a million years old...
    Unless the history you know was all a lie DUN DUN DUN

But yeah I agree. Mutants can't very well be the next evolutionary step if they literally predate homo sapiens.

Astonishing Member

No, wait I got it. Mutants will be created when some of Sinister’s tissue samples accidentally get teleported back in time. It was Sinister all along

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    According to the sliding time scale...2B years is roughly 500K in real time.
    Ok, that's funny.

I gave it a shot. I can look past art I don't care for, if the story and characters are compelling, as I did with Baldeon's art in the last X-Factor run (or the Domino mini he drew), but this seems bad, so far. No matter how much I burn to support anything with Tempo in it, the plotting in this issue bugs me even more than the art, and I'm not feeling the need to go on to a second issue.

It very much doesn't help that this and X-Men: Red came out in the same week. X-Men: Red was amazing!

Astonishing Member

Two billion years ago there wasn't anything more advanced that bacteria on Earth.

As for the Shi'ar, their empire isn't even a million years old...
    It's known quite well that many sci-fi and fantasy writers don't seem too bothered by sense of scale. Throwing large numbers around to make things more epic or lacking the understanding to make certain numbers as big as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    According to the sliding time scale...2B years is roughly 500K in real time.
    Wouldn't that be the reverse?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's known quite well that many sci-fi and fantasy writers don't seem too bothered by sense of scale. Throwing large numbers around to make things more epic or lacking the understanding to make certain numbers as big as they should be.

Wouldn't that be the reverse?
    It is one of those things that changes as it reaches a point, like a focal point, and then starts to works in the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Unless the history you know was all a lie DUN DUN DUN

But yeah I agree. Mutants can't very well be the next evolutionary step if they literally predate homo sapiens.
    Yikes not them breaking the premise of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    No, wait I got it. Mutants will be created when some of Sinister’s tissue samples accidentally get teleported back in time. It was Sinister all along
    Nah, it's Hellion. He got sent back in time and mated with some cavewomen, dinosaurs, sexy bacteria or whatever the hell existed back then. This also dovetails with the fan theory about him being an ancestor of the Arakki. Suddenly, it all comes together.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Nah, it's Hellion. He got sent back in time and mated with some cavewomen, dinosaurs, sexy bacteria or whatever the hell existed back then. This also dovetails with the fan theory about him being an ancestor of the Arakki. Suddenly, it all comes together.
    Bacteria. We're talking about so far back single cell organisms might be the answer.

Bacteria. We're talking about so far back single cell organisms might be the answer.
    Kate will travel back in time, get really drunk and puke in the prehistoric seas two billion years ago, creating the first Eukaryotes and passing her X-gene to future lifeforms...

Astonishing Member

Kate will travel back in time, get really drunk and puke in the prehistoric seas two billion years ago, creating the first Eukaryotes and passing her X-gene to future lifeforms...
    I mean, that's one way to keep the characterization matching that of the Duggan run. I kid. I didn't dislike Duggan Marauders as much as some but that interpretation of Kate was....ehhh.

Although I'd like to think she accidentally now has Kill Shaw tattoed on her knuckles and everyone keeps on asking about them whenever they see her for the first time since she got them.

All-New Member

I mean, that's one way to keep the characterization matching that of the Duggan run. I kid. I didn't dislike Duggan Marauders as much as some but that interpretation of Kate was....ehhh.

Although I'd like to think she accidentally now has Kill Shaw tattoed on her knuckles and everyone keeps on asking about them whenever they see her for the first time since she got them.
    She no longer has the "Kill Shaw" tats. I went back to look, in vol 1 #25 she had them. #26, she's wearing gloves. But in vol 1 #27 she wasn't wearing gloves and did not have the tats. Annual #1 she had gloves throughout it. Vol 2 -no gloves no tats.

I'm going with she phased the ink out of her fingers so no longer has the tats.

Incredible Member

So sublime and his "sister"