Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    So wait... With Hickman gone, they are basically going to just keep rehashing the same successful story lines over and over? First Hellfire Gala now X of Swords?
    Hopefully not, and this is just more chain yanking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    So wait... With Hickman gone, they are basically going to just keep rehashing the same successful story lines over and over? First Hellfire Gala now X of Swords?
    I am taking this with several grains of salt. But yeah, like, the Hellfire Gala as a recurring thing, just on a smaller scale, like that makes sense I can get behind that, but we don't need another X of Swords, especially not just a couple years after the first one. And I'm saying that as someone who actually LIKED X of Swords for the most part.

I just shared these rumors with Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool. His exact words were this:

No, that is utter bollocks. Like Chris Claremont would ever retire,
    That's all he said.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Or he can retire with dignity instead of trying to return comics to 40 years ago.

Doing retcons to undo retcons rarely works well. That's how they ended the whole Maddie/Jean/Phoenix mess. More retcon would only make it worse.
    He can... but we live in a capitalistic society so he wont at least until he has made this money for marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The better reveal would be that hope summers is Jean grey incarnate…
    So true. Such a terrible decision making her just another Redheaded Summers.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Yeah, most of this is hard to swallow. The only believable thing is Claremont wanting to fix the Moira retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just shared these rumors with Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool. His exact words were this:

That's all he said.
    This makes me happy lmao. I don’t want no more retcon fuckery happening to Jean and making Maddie “the real Jean” sounds like bad fan fiction and something that would happen in an AU, not the 616 Universe.

Oh that's so awful. My condolences, is the idea behind this to make the character so comvulted and inaccessible as the Psylocke body swap?

If this **** is true, it's clear Claremont wants Jean to be a solid competition to Donna Troy when it comes to obnoxiously convoluted story .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, most of this is hard to swallow. The only believable thing is Claremont wanting to fix the Moira retcon.
    Not sure anyone don’t want that to happen after it turned into an Azazal-grade mess.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

This sounds god awful, please be a joke.

Keep Claremont away from Jean, this will be as bad as when Morrison killed Jean and she stayed dead for 14 years.

What I find odd is that if he was truly retiring his go to characters would be Sage, Psylocke, Storm, Kitty and Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Not sure anyone don’t want that to happen after it turned into an Azazal-grade mess.
    I didn't care at all about Moira before House of X, why I should care about another retcon about her. That would be just a tantrum (that it's how Claremont has always worked with retcons, doing things more and more convulsed).

Maybe he will kill Thunderbird in a fit of rage

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    My response to this: "Grandpa Claremont, you are drunk, go home!"
    I hear the words "Claremont" and anything concerning "Cyclops", "Jean Grey", or "Love Triangles" and I can't help but shudder with dread. He hates the first, is fine using the second as a weapon over that hate, and has a terrible track record with the last.

Let it go, Chris. You used to be great.
    Dark does not mean deep.