Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rumor: CLAREMONT and SIMONSON return for X OF SWORDS 2 in 2023

I was given the okay to share this.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean fake Jean, shadow king, again kitty... I love Claremont but those plots are so boring

My response to this: "Grandpa Claremont, you are drunk, go home!"

Extraordinary Member

I'd actually be really excited if this turned out to be true, but it sounds too much like those 'leaks' of Nintendo directs where people put out games they think fans would like to see to make it seem like they have insider knowledge when they really don't. I'm gonna say fake for now.

Not feeling the Maddie “real Jean” and Teen Jean bit. Everything else is pretty interesting.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> Claremont
    > Simonson

Fake. I'm going back to bed.
    "Cable was right!"

LOL, you’ve missed April 1st by a few days.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    My response to this: "Grandpa Claremont, you are drunk, go home!"
    For real. Most of these "plotholes" are stores that have since concluded and don't need to be revisited. And this thing with Maddie and Jean seems excessively messy for no reason.

The mistake with Claremont is the write and rewrite old plot and situation that must stay in the past now. And when write new things must insert slave, bodyswap, possession or psichic demon. Sadly cause I'm grown with him but now I mus say stop right now,thank u very much.

Fantastic Member

This just REEKS of a bad Aprils Fools joke

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

This feels like Claremont has been rewatching early 90's Days of Our Lives and has decided to bring us back to possessed by the devil Marlena and multiple Hope and Kristen Dimera's running around.
    No thanks.

I can vouch for this much: A lot of the source's previous leaks have been valid and accurate. Also, this was shared with me during the wee hours last night/this morning, so definitely not an April Fool's joke.

Still, I'm taking this with a massive grain of salt.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Don't touch Magik and bloodstone. It's a end plot with sense years ago!!!!!!

Yeah lets not go this route.

I’m gonna presume this real for just a minute here for the sake of discussion:

Honestly, outside of the Jean thing, this isn’t bad.

I was open to the whole Moira being a mutant thing at first, but they kind of botched that storyline for me. If Claremont is giving an explanation for the whole thing, I would hope that means we get glimpses of Moira’s old characterization, or at least why she would be so aloof in these stories where she had so many connections prior to the retcon.

Kitty being guardian of the multiverse is a SUPER interesting in concept. I just don’t know why Saturnyne would give it to Kitty of all people. Maybe I’m forgetting an old Claremont story, but I don’t remember any notable interactions between the two that would give Saturnyne that impression that Kitty is the right successor.

I hope the concept of “the Twelve” does get remodernized, since back then, it was a plot point of drama for the Summers family and hinted at something bigger before a different writer made it another Summers family epic……Meh, another Summers family story could be cool, but if I were to write the Twelve, it would be based around their Omega mutants concept. Make it revitalized to where the members are now Omega’s like Vulcan, Jean Grey, Magneto, Hope Summers, and so on. They could work as a mutant circuit for something crazy.

Claremont’s original plan for Nimrod? What was the original plan? I don’t see any difference between Nimrod back then vs the one now beyond him having an actual character that isn’t just “robot seeks to destroy”.

Magik and the Bloodstones? Sounds like a band name. Have no opinions on this, but it could fall in line with what New Mutants wants to do.

Shadow King? This has me puzzled. New Mutants kind of wrapped that arc up and now they are bringing him back? Maybe it will be without Amahl? I mean, he has acted without Amahl before, but still, it’s really early to be doing another Shadow King story.

I already expressed my thoughts on the Jean Grey thing in the other thread, but basically, I am perplexed by this.