Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What about as a swan song we will just collectively re-read his brilliant old X-Men stuff? I heard the "Dark Phoenix Saga" is not all that bad. ;-)

Yeah... No one wants the weird, Jean grey, Madelyn thing

Extraordinary Member

The thing about the bloodstones is the biggest red flag for me that this is fake. The purpose of the bloodstones was to free the Elder Gods to destroy humanity. The Elder Gods and the Beatrix medallion which housed the bloodstones were both destroyed by Legion over a decade ago. Unless he is planning to bring the Elder Gods back for one story which also features Apocalypse, Jean-Maddie, and Kitty-Saturnyne, his original plans for the bloodstones are deader than a t-rex fossilized for 66 million years. And all that would do is undermine the last 15 years of Magik stories. Whatever Claremont's original plans for the end of Magik's story were, they went out the window all the way back in 1987 in the original Fall of the Mutants when Simonson had her killing bad guys in anger without losing herself to the Darkchild forever and undermining the entire ethical dilemma the character had under Claremont.

Also, I see no reason why Claremont would quit now of all times. There are still a lot of potential in his work for X-Men Legends and Claremont has gone on record about how he doesn’t read comics of the modern day for his own jealousy. Kinda understandable when he was thee “Hickman” before Hickman ever was for a longer period of time. The X-Line is thus way too personal for him to not get ideas he wants to write into again.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Sounds like a disaster. Also if the Teen Jean is fake then how much history gets retconned? I'd hate for this to become some kind of Clone Saga like retcon that tried to push Ben Reilly as the real Spider-Man.

Is it too late for Scott to go on vacation? Maybe he can cameo in...Eternals for awhile.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If not fake, I think will be a "x men forever" or a big "what if Claremont" out of continuity

The Jean thing sounds unnecessary and convulted. Other then that I want to see him tackle Moira. I can imagine him not liking that change.

I really hope this does NOT come to pass. I love Chris Claremont. His legacy with the X-Men is second to none. He's the reason the X-Men are as big as they are.

But the man just cannot let certain plots go. And he refuses to accept the direction of certain characters. The poor reception and poor sales of X-Men Forever should be proof enough that he should not write mainstream X-Men comics anymore. I'm fine with him writing a few mini-series here and there. Hell, give him his own Ultimate style X-Men comic. But keep him away from the current mainline comics.

Siminson, on the other hand, I would welcome to the Krakoa era.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This all sounds interesting. And if it doesn't pan out then they can say it is in one of Moira's other Life timelines.

So I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Extraordinary Member

The Moira thing I can see. The Kitty thing I can see. The 'The Twelve' thing I can see given the retcons to Apocalypse from the start of HOXPOX through X of Swords and this potentially being a sequel to that story. These are things which I don't think would really undermine past stories or continuity more than usual. The Jean-Maddie thing, I can fully believe Claremont would do that if he had the chance given his justifiably strong feelings on the issue, but I don't believe Marvel would let him. The Magik thing is only possible if it's out-of-continuity since the bloodstones' entire purpose has been erased and she hasn't been on the path he wrote for her since he first left the original New Mutants book.

That sounds like one of the worst ideas that could possibly happen. Also who’s your source because honestly that rumor reads a bit like an 90’s fever dream. The one positive I could take from this is the possibility of a X of Swords 2.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...the Nostalgics and those who cannot move on from the past, will be happy, at least.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

As a Nostalgic who cannot move on from the past, I had a good laugh at this.

Ugh, no! Please no! Just say No, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!