Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Red Sox looking like they will lose another one tonight.
    Just like my Phillies. They had a brutal May, having faced the Mets three times (including this series), the Dodgers twice and the Braves twice. It’s been a struggle for my squad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Meanwhile, my Yankees are still in first place, looking to take 3 out of 4 from the second place Rays. The only bad news other than injuries being Donaldson's suspension. In hindsight, he should have known better.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Meanwhile, my Yankees are still in first place, looking to take 3 out of 4 from the second place Rays. The only bad news other than injuries being Donaldson's suspension. In hindsight, he should have known better.
    The Yanks scare the crap out of me this year. I love Judge...coming from a Red Sox fan.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

As a Mets fan, it feels like there aren't any teams that can beat us right now, though we are about to start a road trip that will put us against the Dodgers and Padres, two teams that I think could give us some trouble. It's amazing that we're making it work with out deGrom and Scherzer if we can get them back in a meaningful capacity by the end of June, the sky really is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    As a Mets fan, it feels like there aren't any teams that can beat us right now, though we are about to start a road trip that will put us against the Dodgers and Padres, two teams that I think could give us some trouble. It's amazing that we're making it work with out deGrom and Scherzer if we can get them back in a meaningful capacity by the end of June, the sky really is the limit.
    I like the Mets. Hoping they keep it going.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Ah, the Dodger might give you trouble...if it's their day. If not, never mind.

Yanks vs Angels. This should be a good series.

Red Sox vs Reds...not so much.

Pitcher J.A. Happ has retired after a 15-year career.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Yanks vs Angels. This should be a good series.

Red Sox vs Reds...not so much.
    Shohei Ohtani almost hit a home run, but 6'7" Aaron Judge leaped up to catch it. Great play!
    Watching television is not an activity.

Another day, another screw-up by the Phillies' bullpen in a 7-4 11 inning loss to the Giants last night. Even worse, the Phils at 21-29 are no longer the best team in Pennsylvania, that owner belongs to Pittsburgh at 21-27.

Sox lost again. This time to the Reds who are the worst team in all of baseball. The Reds have not won a game at Fenway park since 1975.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 06-01-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Mets just completed a sweep of the Nationals including 2 back to back shutouts, accounting for 21 consecutive scoreless innings. The Nats aren't great this year, but back-to-back shutouts don't happen all that often. Very happy with how the team has performed so far without our Top 2 (3?) pitchers. Tonight we got the Dodgers, which will be a real test.

Mets just completed a sweep of the Nationals including 2 back to back shutouts, accounting for 21 consecutive scoreless innings. The Nats aren't great this year, but back-to-back shutouts don't happen all that often. Very happy with how the team has performed so far without our Top 2 (3?) pitchers. Tonight we got the Dodgers, which will be a real test.
    Beware, the Dodgers figure to be in a surly mood after they were swept by the bottom feeding Pirates.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Jays got their second sweep of the season and second in a row, beating the Angels and White Sox. Back to .600. Yay!

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the 22-29 Phillies fired manager Joe Girardi. Bench coach Rob Thompson will assume the reins for the rest of the season.