Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Phillies managed all of two runs in two interleague games against Texas, then touched sub 2.00 ERA Joe Musgrove for half a dozen in a win over the Fathers last night. Go figure. Funny game this baseball.
    For sure.

I totally missed last nights game because of the late start, but they managed to get shutout.

Also is Nick Castellanos going to remember to umm hit the baseball the rest of this year. He started out the season good, but is seriously hurting our lineup in the cleanup spot. Same thing for J.T. Realmuto in the 5 spot. He hit a HR the other night, but overall both of them are really doing nothing. That's a lot of money there to.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Interesting match up for Boston tonight going against Cleveland. Pivetta is on the mound for the Sox and he has been great.
    And it looked like he had another solid game. Giving up just 2 runs in 7 innings I believe.

I always liked Nick when he was on the Phillies. At least I thought he had so much potential. He just could never put it all together here. I wish he did though.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    And it looked like he had another solid game. Giving up just 2 runs in 7 innings I believe.

I always liked Nick when he was on the Phillies. At least I thought he had so much potential. He just could never put it all together here. I wish he did though.
    Pivetta has been very good and he is keeping it going.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astros threw a combined no hitter today against the Yankees. Pretty impressive.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

In WTF MLB news,it was revealed that Tony LaRussa and the training staff have told White Sox veterans not to run so fast to first base on routine outs because they have too many injuries. I never in all my life would have though to see a major league manager chastise his players for hustling outside of a bad parody movie like Major League.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies bounced back to nip San Diego 4-2 last night. But, the win was costly as Bryce Harper was lost indefinitely after getting hit on his left thumb by a pitch. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Red Sox win again yesterday. Now in 2nd place in the AL East. They look great.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Despite having lost Bryce Harper to injury, the Phils took three of four from San Diego after an 8-5 win today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Jays game today was painful to watch. They depleted the bullpen yesterday so decided to leave Berrios in to take his lumps. I get it but they basically gave up the game, so not fun. 8 runs later, they still had to pull him in the third. Not a great way to get ready for the Red Sox.

Yankees take one from the Astros after dropping 2. Judge hits 3 run walk off Homer in the 10th.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Red Sox won again to make it 7 wins in a row. Sweep Cleveland. The team looks great.

Red Sox came up short with a loss to the Blue Jays last night. This should be a good series. A very important series for both teams. Back at it again tonight.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Best part for the Jays was getting 7 innings from Gausman. Get the bullpen back in shape. The pitching has been the weak point lately after it was the hitting earlier this season. If they can just get it together at the same time … the dream of every fan of every team, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Best part for the Jays was getting 7 innings from Gausman. Get the bullpen back in shape. The pitching has been the weak point lately after it was the hitting earlier this season. If they can just get it together at the same time … the dream of every fan of every team, I guess.
    Ya the youngster for the Sox was not on at all last night. The Blue Jays looked great. The Jays know they gotta take this series. The Sox know this as well but I dont want them to feel comfortable just because they won 7 game and are climbing. To keep climbing you gotta keep winning.

Sox lose again the the Blue Jays; after coming from behind to take the lead, they blow the save in the ninth with their closer back in Boston because he's unvaccinated and can't travel into Canada to play against the Jays. After passing the Jays in the standings this weekend, they've now fallen back behind the Jays.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato