Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Phillies are in the playoffs!
    HOW SWEET IT IS! Check this out!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    HOW SWEET IT IS! Check this out!

What a great picture that is!

Yah I am happy for the Phillies and their fans. The schedule has been their friend, but this is what they fired Girardi for.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Good for the Phillies. As for the Mets....er....better luck next year? I mean the way they're playing, they don't get out of their first series.

And Judge has done it, 62 is in the books

Hope that crazy fan who jumped out of the stands for the ball isn’t dead
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-04-2022 at 05:16 PM.

The Mets did not collapse. They were around 50-32 July through Sept. They just ran into a Braves team that had an historic rally started in June.
    The Braves are just better. The Mets aren't bad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Braves have made it official and won their 5th consecutive division title

no matter how many times it happens it never won't feel good
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-04-2022 at 10:38 PM.

The postseason bracket is set:

AL: Houston and New York Yankees have the byes, Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay, Seattle vs. Toronto
    NL: Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta have the byes, Philadelphia vs. St. Louis, New York Mets vs. San Diego

The playoffs start on Friday!

I am happy for WPP that the Phillies made it in. I bet you are pretty happy. It was looking dicey for awhile there.

And great job to Judge for getting 62! As Roger Maris Jr Said. The Clean Home Run Record! At first I thought that fan was an idiot for jumping for it. Then I saw the ball will be worth a Mil. I would jump for that. Hope dude is okay. It would suck to miss out on the ball and get a busted leg.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-05-2022 at 04:26 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am happy for WPP that the Phillies made it in. I bet you are pretty happy. It was looking dicey for awhile there.
    You ain’t lying about that. And yeah, I’m elated. Meanwhile, the Phils went 4-3 against the Cards this season, so, I’d say we have a puncher’s chance against them, even with Albert Pujols having gone off at the plate since his return to St. Louis.

You ain’t lying about that. And yeah, I’m elated. Meanwhile, the Phils went 4-3 against the Cards this season, so, I’d say we have a puncher’s chance against them, even with Albert Pujols having gone off at the plate since his return to St. Louis.
    I am pulling for you guys against the hated Cardinals. Dont let me down!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am pulling for you guys against the hated Cardinals. Dont let me down!
    Wheeler and Nola will pitch the first two games, so I’d say our chances against the Redbirds are pretty good. We’ll do our very best.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Judge certainly clinched his MVP there as the one true single season HR champ. It's rare to see an away stadium erupt in such a standing ovation, but then it was worth it. NL Cy Young is looking interesting, as the Phillies just went from a high to a low, going up against Verlander, certainly a Cy Young contender. Sorry, Phills. But Urias over at Dodger Land just clinched the ERA title, and was also very key to his team's fortunes. Then there's the other candidates all making this one a bit harder than the AL MVP race. As for Shohei, well, now he knows what Vlad Jr. knows...

Poor Cole, making his own record for the Yanks in single season K's, and nobody noticed!
    Last edited by achilles; 10-05-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, Judge certainly clinched his MVP there as the one true single season HR champ. It's rare to see an away stadium erupt in such a standing ovation, but then it was worth it. NL Cy Young is looking interesting, as the Phillies just went from a high to a low, going up against Verlander, certainly a Cy Young contender. Sorry, Phills. But Urias over at Dodger Land just clinched the ERA title, and was also very key to his team's fortunes. Then there's the other candidates all making this one a bit harder than the AL MVP race. As for Shohei, well, now he knows what Vlad Jr. knows...

Poor Cole, making his own record for the Yanks in single season K's, and nobody noticed!
    On top of that, it looks like Judge will wrap up the AL Triple Crown to boot. While Shohei has had an amazing season, he’s an also ran in the MVP race.

On top of that, it looks like Judge will wrap up the AL Triple Crown to boot. While Shohei has had an amazing season, he’s an also ran in the MVP race.
    No triple crown for Judge. He was behind by .004 points (.314 to .310) to Luis Arraez of the Twins. Judge sat, Arraez played and raised his average to .315 for the batting title.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato