Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Below is a fun little article, maybe MLB could learn a bit from the Savannah Bananas and their owner.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-sava...110046778.html

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Below is a fun little article, maybe MLB could learn a bit from the Savannah Bananas and their owner.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-sava...110046778.html
    Savannah Bananas is the best team name since the Montgomery Biscuits
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Astros tied a MLB record hitting 5 home runs in the second inning, all off Red Sox starter Nate Eovaldi. They ended up hitting 6 in the game, adding a grand slam later in their 13-4 victory. The Red Sox look so bad this season, there wasn't even a trash can lid in sight for the Astros to use.

edit to add: Eovaldi was the third putcher in MLB history to allow 5 home runs in an inning. This was after the first inning where he threw 5 pitches total to get three outs.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-17-2022 at 10:50 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Red Sox lost again...and again...and again. This team is awful.

John Henry and the ownership are to blame.

If the Sox find anyway to pull out any kind of success this season I will be beyond surprised.

Sad after the hopes we had after last season.

I am no Yankee fan but I love what Judge is doing right now and I am a big fan of his.

The Yankees keep it up they have a real chance.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Savannah Bananas is the best team name since the Montgomery Biscuits
    El Paso Chihuahuas is still my favorite. Maybe because the logo looks like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Red Sox lost again...and again...and again. This team is awful.

John Henry and the ownership are to blame.

If the Sox find anyway to pull out any kind of success this season I will be beyond surprised.

Sad after the hopes we had after last season.

I am no Yankee fan but I love what Judge is doing right now and I am a big fan of his.

The Yankees keep it up they have a real chance.
    This is essentially the same Red Sox team that had the success last season when everyone wrote them off and was signing ownership and management's praises for. The only difference is results and its not management and ownership playing the games. This was a poorly constructed team that did well last season, but has come back to earth this season. The product is the same, the results have changed. Fandom is fickle.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    El Paso Chihuahuas is still my favorite. Maybe because the logo looks like my dog.
    I love all the great names and fun mascots in the Minors. They really have fun with it and dont take themselves to seriously.

This team has won the name and mascot contest hands down.

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I've got a Rocket City Trash Pandas' hat, an Angels' affiliate. Nice hat. The minors are full of great team names and logos. Those hats get compliments.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-19-2022 at 02:58 AM.

Mighty Member

My Braves blew a save in the 9th against the Brewers and blew another one run lead in the 11th. I feel bad for Max Fried. Quality start wasted by a bullpen that can't close the deal.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Scherzer headed for MRI due to left-side discomfort

For a team built around a pair of ace pitchers, losing one to injury is difficult. Losing both could be cataclysmic.

Already playing the first half of this season without one of their aces, the Mets on Wednesday faced the prospect of potentially proceeding without another. Max Scherzer left his start against the Cardinals in the sixth inning after feeling left-side discomfort on a pitch. He walked off the Citi Field mound alongside a trainer, and while Scherzer could only speculate as to the severity of his injury, he’s hopeful that he took action in time to avoid the worst.

Scherzer will go for an MRI on Thursday morning to receive an updated diagnosis and timeline.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Scherzer will be on the DL for 6 to 8 weeks. Ouch!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    . . . This team has won the name and mascot contest hands down.

That looks more like a peacock than a turkey . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That looks more like a peacock than a turkey . . .
    This is true. But it is still a pretty kick butt mascot.

Wow Trevor Story hits 3 home runs, 4 hits and 7 RBI. Then steals a base....and the Sox win.

The Sox are not going anywhere this season but I at least hope they can pick it up and make it fun to watch. After the Celtics games are done I need baseball in my life

"As part of a 4-for-4 night that included five runs, seven RBIs and one stolen base, Story belted three homers -- the latter two of which soared over the Green Monster and onto Lansdowne Street -- at an aggregate Statcast-projected distance of 1,163 feet" - MLB.com
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 05-20-2022 at 04:30 AM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime